daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

3 off the grid games with big playoff ramifications

Tennessee -3 vs Missouri. Miss St or Alabama will probably win the SEC CG, but you have to think Georgia would give them a better fight than Missouri

Duke -6.5 vs UNC - With Wake Forest remaining and holding a tiebreaker over Georgia Tech, Duke wins this and they'll be playing FSU in the ACC CG.

Wisconsin -9 @ Iowa - Wisconsin is white hot. Win the next two and it's off to the BIG title vs Ohio State.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think Wisky will beat OSU if they meet with the way they're playing

What if Mizzou wins the SEC Championship? Does anyone make the top 4 out of the SEC?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

Like the Wisky bet as well as ND -4.5 and Wash -6.5.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Mizzou grad student here... Stay away from this game. Our team is so hot and cold, it's a crapshoot on who will show up. I'll be playing Mizzou ML because we need the win and our best game was this last week vs Texas A&M, but I would not be surprised at all if Tennessee takes us down 27-14. Our D is great though. Super underrated. Play the Under if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I think Wisky will beat OSU if they meet with the way they're playing

What if Mizzou wins the SEC Championship? Does anyone make the top 4 out of the SEC?
    Me and my friend have had this discussion about Mizzou so much. He is so optimistic and keeps saying we can go to the playoff, I think there's no way. We are #19 right now (AP, not CFP poll), win vs Tennessee might move us up about 2 spots, win against Arkansas another 2 spots. That's #15 heading into the SEC Champ game. MAYBE a bunch of teams ahead of us lose but there's no way we are higher than #12.

So say we do get there, #12, and somehow beat Bama or whoever it is in the SEC Championship with us. This is already a long shot, but if we do beat them, I have no idea what will happen. We can't leapfrog all those teams (TCU/Baylor, Ohio State, Mich State, Georgia, Ole Miss, etc.) and get in. On the other hand, to put in Bama who just got beat by Missouri in, over Missouri, it's going to be crazy.

What would be right in my eyes? Bama still goes, Mizzou stays out. They will have better wins and better schedule than us overall.

But good God, think of ESPN and the sporting world if Mizzou wins the SEC Champ (which honestly isn't out of the realm of possibility... we win our next 3 games. Not impossible). The whole football playoff and SEC team rankings are just thrown everywhere. I hope for it just because it's going to be amazing and hilarious to watch. No matter what happens in this scenario, 0, 1, 2 SEC teams make it, the nation is going to be furious, all because of Mizzou

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Mizzou grad student here... Stay away from this game. Our team is so hot and cold, it's a crapshoot on who will show up. I'll be playing Mizzou ML because we need the win and our best game was this last week vs Texas A&M, but I would not be surprised at all if Tennessee takes us down 27-14. Our D is great though. Super underrated. Play the Under if anything.

Me and my friend have had this discussion about Mizzou so much. He is so optimistic and keeps saying we can go to the playoff, I think there's no way. We are #19 right now (AP, not CFP poll), win vs Tennessee might move us up about 2 spots, win against Arkansas another 2 spots. That's #15 heading into the SEC Champ game. MAYBE a bunch of teams ahead of us lose but there's no way we are higher than #12.

So say we do get there, #12, and somehow beat Bama or whoever it is in the SEC Championship with us. This is already a long shot, but if we do beat them, I have no idea what will happen. We can't leapfrog all those teams (TCU/Baylor, Ohio State, Mich State, Georgia, Ole Miss, etc.) and get in. On the other hand, to put in Bama who just got beat by Missouri in, over Missouri, it's going to be crazy.

What would be right in my eyes? Bama still goes, Mizzou stays out. They will have better wins and better schedule than us overall.

But good God, think of ESPN and the sporting world if Mizzou wins the SEC Champ (which honestly isn't out of the realm of possibility... we win our next 3 games. Not impossible). The whole football playoff and SEC team rankings are just thrown everywhere. I hope for it just because it's going to be amazing and hilarious to watch. No matter what happens in this scenario, 0, 1, 2 SEC teams make it, the nation is going to be furious, all because of Mizzou
    Yeah it's really hard to say what happens....other teams could lose as well to make things even more murkier.....Miss State still not out of it, and UGA could always win out as well IF Mizzou drops one

Still don't know how Mizzou is doing it.....Just like I still have no clue how you guys beat us (South Carolina)

Tennessee will be a tough game though, their QB/offense is playing really well

gregmav1

Yeah, and Arkansas is one of the most underrated teams in all of college football. Put Arkansas in the Big Ten or Big 12 and they go 9-3, maybe 10-2.

And yeah, we nipped you barely haha. And maybe there will someday be a day where people will stop saying "i don't know how mizzou is doing it", we were great in the Big 12 our last 5 years there, won the SEC East last year, could do it again this year. Stop doubting baby.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Yeah, and Arkansas is one of the most underrated teams in all of college football. Put Arkansas in the Big Ten or Big 12 and they go 9-3, maybe 10-2.

And yeah, we nipped you barely haha. And maybe there will someday be a day where people will stop saying "i don't know how mizzou is doing it", we were great in the Big 12 our last 5 years there, won the SEC East last year, could do it again this year. Stop doubting baby.
    I'm not saying overall as a program....I know Mizzou has been solid for years. Just this season when I watch them I'm not that impressed but they somehow just keep winning

Last year's Mizzou team was much better to me.....When I watched them I saw talent everywhere and were a legit top 10. You guys lost a lot of talent from that team on both sides of the ball.....A shame DGB couldn't keep his head on straight

And year Arky and Tenn are both playing well..Good Luck

gregmav1

I agree, I don't think we are a great team this year either. But if we win, we win, so I'll take it for now. DGB is an idiot, we all hate him here in CoMo for how stupid and selfish he was. And then he transfers to Oklahoma. Screw you dude.

But yeah, good luck to you too, hopefully south carolina can get it together more next year, just not against mizzou

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Iowa a live dog

anyone can beat Miss or Miss St

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Iowa a live dog

anyone can beat Miss or Miss St