mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Excel help

as im sure there have been numerous threads before on this topic, i ask your forgiveness in advance.

have an excel question for a google doc im setting up.

i have a risk column 'A', to win column 'B', and a result column 'c'
    i also have a total won "g" box, a total loss "h" box, and a yield "i" box

my question is what formula do i need to have boxes 'g' 'h' 'i' auto update after i record what happens in the result column 'c'?

ex...

risk 'a' to win 'b' result 'c' total won 'g' total loss 'h' yield 'i'
    33 30 L ?? ?? ??
    110 100 W

i want it to automatically update after i type either 'L' or 'W' in the result column. is this SUMIF, DSUM?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Well you should just use one column really, I'm not sure why you want to split it out since you don't win and lose on a single bet. You are also not accounting for the fact you will have bets that push, if you wish you can use a nested if to account for this or a different function.

Assume Row 1, autofill down for G

// =if(C1="W",B1,A1*-1)

If you really want two columns

G// =if(C1="W",B1,0)
    H// =if(C1="L",A1*-1,0)

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Quote Originally Posted by Just Blaze View Post
    Well you should just use one column really, I'm not sure why you want to split it out since you don't win and lose on a single bet. You are also not accounting for the fact you will have bets that push, if you wish you can use a nested if to account for this or a different function.

Assume Row 1, autofill down for G

// =if(C1="W",B1,A1*-1)

If you really want two columns

G// =if(C1="W",B1,0)
    H// =if(C1="L",A1*-1,0)
    no its true i wont win and lose on a single bet. but i want to keep a general record of how much total i've won, and how much i've lost. just for the grand scheme of things.

you're also right about the push. i didnt think of that. what do you suggest? a nested if? since it doesn't amount to anything should i just keep it off the doc?

i really appreciate it blaze, i know excel can handle this cleanly, but i have no idea how to get there. just an idea what i want lol.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all your spreadsheets here

they are very detailed..no better ones out there

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tool...cel-worksheet/

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

I recommend one net column then using sumif with a condition of >0 to track running totals for wins and the inverse for losses with whatever range you want (month, sport etc). If you want to add additional functionality later I recommend including lines, market and home and away side so you can evaluate profitability and ROI on a situational basis. These may be able to be pasted directly from your browser (you may have to use a text to column macro if they don't format) or you may be able to use XML directly.