1. #36
    thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-01-09
    Posts: 11,460
    Betpoints: 4147

    If? I has been confirmed that they will now be healthy. In fact, even at the end of the season and beyond Rose will be pain free during his board and team meetings. I would also assume they will institute mandatory massage chairs and or in house massuess during such meetings. Games are now optional so health is a non factor.

  2. #37
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,926

    Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    If? I has been confirmed that they will now be healthy. In fact, even at the end of the season and beyond Rose will be pain free during his board and team meetings. I would also assume they will institute mandatory massage chairs and or in house massuess during such meetings. Games are now optional so health is a non factor.

  3. #38
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,926

    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Derrick Rose doesn't want to play a lot this year because he doesn't want sore knees when he is done playing basketball and is attending his kids graduation

    The guy is a 26 year old faggit basketball player with leg injuries, played 10 games in the last 2 years, while collecting his millions upon millions, and he is acting like he is an NFL vet suffering from signs of dementia due to head injury

    thats your franchise player Chicago

    the leader of the team who hasn't done anything for his team while collecting his money, 26 years old, is worried about his future when he is done with basketball even though he is playing a NON CONTACT SPORT

    then don't play basketball and stop collecting those checks

    thats why they wont win a championship

  4. #39
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,926

    Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Common.
    Oh thank God! I can turn my spell checker off while you are around!

  5. #40
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    LOL.. NEITHER of these teams is going to the Finals this year, let alone winning it.

    Spurs will not advance beyond Round 1
    people said that last year and the year before and the year before and etc.....

    yet this old team continues to prove everyone wrong

  6. #41
    Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 1,552
    Betpoints: 133

    Popovich rests his guys because they are old proven hall of famers who deserve it

    Derrick Rose rests because he is sore from deep throating Jason Collins kock

  7. #42
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Popovich rests his guys because they are old proven hall of famers who deserve it

    Derrick Rose rests because he is sore from deep throating Jason Collins kock
    coming from the guy with an avatar of someone who sukks dik to pay for his gambling debt ...

  8. #43
    Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 1,552
    Betpoints: 133

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    coming from the guy with an avatar of someone who sukks dik to pay for his gambling debt ...


    I don't know what you look like nor do I have you in my avatar??

  9. #44
    THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-13
    Posts: 12,648
    Betpoints: 2268

    Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Oh thank God! I can turn my spell checker off while you are around!
    I was saying "common". Like you're a common bitch.
    Cmon man, you know you're a common bitch who derrick rose would bitch smack and then *** on your bitch.

  10. #45
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,758
    Betpoints: 1144

    Noah and Deng are studs

    If Rose healthy he's near a stud

    Jimmy Butler getting better and better

    Most of these guys played excellent defense

    Game over

  11. #46
    THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-13
    Posts: 12,648
    Betpoints: 2268

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Noah and Deng are studs

    If Rose healthy he's near a stud

    Jimmy Butler getting better and better

    Most of these guys played excellent defense

    Game over
    Coach...

    Deng is in Miami.

    Coach...
    take some time off.

  12. #47
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,758
    Betpoints: 1144

    Why did the bulls trade him??

    He is a stud

  13. #48
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,878
    Betpoints: 7322

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why did the bulls trade him??

    He is a stud
    Because he wanted an unreasonable contract. He ended up taking less from Miami than the Bulls had been offering to extend him for.

  14. #49
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    DRose is worried about his sons' graduation. No bulls' championship anytime soon.

  15. #50
    Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-14
    Posts: 1,936
    Betpoints: 78

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    DRose is worried about his sons' graduation. No bulls' championship anytime soon.

    I believe Lebrons kids will graduate...Not sure about Rose's, unless they gets some "help"

    But at least he does seem genuine that he cares about his family, unlike most athletes who just father 10+ kids with 9+ different women.
    Stupid of him to say "hey I'm sitting out games, because I'm thinking about 20 years down the line and I want to be able to stand up during my sons graduation and not hobbled because of injuries" First off, just proves he's not the sharpest guy, unless he fully expects his son to graduate high school in his mid 20's...which would not surprise me.

    Just flat out say "I'm sitting out games during the season, when I have a little ache or pain, so I'm 100% in the playoffs" Bulls fans would be 100% ok with that, because that's really when he's needed, they can skate by the season and get top 3 in the east without him playing, but they will need his "playmaking" in the playoffs.

    It doesn't matter to me if he sits the whole season and comes back for the playoffs. It would be nice to see the Bulls at 100% for once.

    Joakim has the heart of a lion, but does it really do your team any good to play 35-40 minutes a night during the last 2 weeks of the season, when you're already locked into the playoffs? Why not take a few nights off and get a little bit healthier? Hopefully with 4 big guys capable of doing "ok" they can rest Joakim during the home stretch and anyone else with a nagging injury. Deep at the Center position and have a couple of capable PG's to back up Rose and beat up on the bums of the East. Why not rest them.

  16. #51
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    I believe Lebrons kids will graduate...Not sure about Rose's, unless they gets some "help"

    But at least he does seem genuine that he cares about his family, unlike most athletes who just father 10+ kids with 9+ different women.
    Stupid of him to say "hey I'm sitting out games, because I'm thinking about 20 years down the line and I want to be able to stand up during my sons graduation and not hobbled because of injuries" First off, just proves he's not the sharpest guy, unless he fully expects his son to graduate high school in his mid 20's...which would not surprise me.

    Just flat out say "I'm sitting out games during the season, when I have a little ache or pain, so I'm 100% in the playoffs" Bulls fans would be 100% ok with that, because that's really when he's needed, they can skate by the season and get top 3 in the east without him playing, but they will need his "playmaking" in the playoffs.

    It doesn't matter to me if he sits the whole season and comes back for the playoffs. It would be nice to see the Bulls at 100% for once.

    Joakim has the heart of a lion, but does it really do your team any good to play 35-40 minutes a night during the last 2 weeks of the season, when you're already locked into the playoffs? Why not take a few nights off and get a little bit healthier? Hopefully with 4 big guys capable of doing "ok" they can rest Joakim during the home stretch and anyone else with a nagging injury. Deep at the Center position and have a couple of capable PG's to back up Rose and beat up on the bums of the East. Why not rest them.
    Good info. I never understood the last few playoff runs for the bulls. Deng and lil Nate were deathly I'll and vomiting while Rose was practicing hard with the team but didn't play. Last year Noah's foot was about to fall off yet DRose was practicing hard with the team during the playoffs. Now it seems like Rose could have played at X % but chose not to. A classic example of putting the sorry horse in the barn and stud work horse out in the sun to die.

  17. #52
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,129
    Betpoints: 1495

    Rose picked the wrong city to make that statement

    all the hard working blue and white collar workers are now thinking how it would play out if they just told the people that paid their salary....

    "yeah in addition to my regular time off i'm going to take 1-2 days off per week, because you know, when I retire I don't want to be limping to Bingo and having sore knees when i watch my grandkids play soccer...... please continue to pay me the same rate though"

  18. #53
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Rose picked the wrong city to make that statement

    all the hard working blue and white collar workers are now thinking how it would play out if they just told the people that paid their salary....

    "yeah in addition to my regular time off i'm going to take 1-2 days off per week, because you know, when I retire I don't want to be limping to Bingo and having sore knees when i watch my grandkids play soccer...... please continue to pay me the same rate though"
    That shit wouldn't go down well in any major sports city. What Rose said is just plain stupid every day of the week. That shit won't down go well in little league.

  19. #54
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,878
    Betpoints: 7322

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Rose picked the wrong city to make that statement

    all the hard working blue and white collar workers are now thinking how it would play out if they just told the people that paid their salary....

    "yeah in addition to my regular time off i'm going to take 1-2 days off per week, because you know, when I retire I don't want to be limping to Bingo and having sore knees when i watch my grandkids play soccer...... please continue to pay me the same rate though"
    Yes, but if he brings a trophy to the United Center, all will be forgiven.

  20. #55
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 50,383
    Betpoints: 1476

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes, but if he brings a trophy to the United Center, all will be forgiven.

  21. #56
    Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-14
    Posts: 1,936
    Betpoints: 78

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes, but if he brings a trophy to the United Center, all will be forgiven.
    I hope he does, and averages 25/6/6 during the playoffs...Maybe it'll open up other injured players eyes to see that maybe rushing back from injuries aren't necessarily worth it.

    There will still be "haters", because there always will be when you're a public figure. But it'd be great to see him play 50 games during this season, put on a nice performance in playoffs, then play 80 games next season...It will surely make people think twice about him. Maybe not the brightest kid, but he's the only one that knows his body, and if it's for the good of the team, why the hell not.

    He twists his ankle in the 4th qtr against the Cavs, does he really need to play the next day against the Bucks? cmon now. But if the bulls were 2-5, then yes maybe give him some shit, but they aren't missing a beat without him.

  22. #57
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,758
    Betpoints: 1144

    Is Rose playing tonight?

  23. #58
    Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-14
    Posts: 1,936
    Betpoints: 78

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Is Rose playing tonight?

    I think his flight was delayed from Cancun, heard he was taking a mid week vacation.

  24. #59
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,129
    Betpoints: 1495

    looking forward to a meeting, tentatively planned for Feb 2032. to discuss a contract to promote BEN GAY products, Rose has decided he will sit out tonights game to ensure he is stiff but not TOO stiff and possibly uncomfortable for that meeting

First 12
Top