Bernard Hopkins is still fighting??

He is a +220 dog as a champ vs Sergey Kovalev -260 I think WBO champ

Guy is 49 years old??

Saturday Night AC

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

IDK but did you see deuce claimed he played for the redwings the other day?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Hopkins has covered a lot as a dog

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Hopkins (49) has always stayed in good shape. He is a veteran fighter who knows his way around the ring. He beats young fighters all the time and does not seem to get knocked out. If you like him I would suggest taking him by decision though.

Kovalev is a young stud (31), 0 loses, 25 victories (23 by Knockout). That is likely his path to victory. It should be a good one!

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think Hopkins has covered a lot as a dog
    BHOP was a cash machine at plus odds

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Boxing isn't the same as it was in the 80s and 90's.Level of competition is low. People are more concerned about UFC nowadays. I miss those big fights on HBO once a month on Saturday nights. Boxing used to have day fights on CBS also. Great stuff. Not interested in Hopkins.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Wont be betting but no way I bet against BHop at those odds. Time and time again people have said he hits a wall and bit off more than he should have....yet he has torched all those people.

If he keeps fighting he will obviously get sat down one day. But I see no reason to bet against the man. As a sizeable dog with a style to make it ugly and hard to score, while knowing how to move....not exactly a spot I want to be in.

The same guys who bet against him tomorrow and say lose that bet....will be the same ones who bet against him thr next time as well. And probably the same who bet against him the last few times as well.

jjgold

This guy has to be a boxing legend

Is he too light to fight Mayweather??

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

This guy has to be a boxing legend

Is he too light to fight Mayweather??
    Yes this light heavyweight is too small to fight the heavyweight champ Floyd Mayweather.
    Points Awarded:

KalouKalou gave NunyaBidness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Boxing isn't the same as it was in the 80s and 90's.Level of competition is low. People are more concerned about UFC nowadays. I miss those big fights on HBO once a month on Saturday nights. Boxing used to have day fights on CBS also. Great stuff. Not interested in Hopkins.

lol!!!

People less concerned with mma these days, not boxing!!! MMA is dying , bro. They are averaging 300k PPV buys per event this year which is way less than in 2007. Seven years later and LESS people are buying . It would take 4 UFC events to equal one Mayweather fight.

Its mma that no one cares about anymore. They went from a few, good ppvs per year to watered down cards no one cares about. They had one PPV this year barely break 100k buys . For god sakes Stephens-Swanson was the main event of a card this year . Pathetic

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Thats the problem mayweather and paquio are the only big draws boxing has left. Klitchko killed the heavyweight division and isnt exactly a exciting fighter to watch.

I'd take hopkins small.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Nbab.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

I bet 2.5 u on over 9.5 rounds at -140 idk if Hopkins will win but I'm pretty damn confident that he won't get ko'd and b-hop has not had a ko since04 and that was at 154 # against Oscar 63 fights and he's never been knocked out doubtful it happens here.b-hop is probably the most constantly prepared boxer of his generation
    and his slick trickery should keep him out of trouble lots of value in this bet IMO

jjgold

over might be the best bet here

good luck

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

all in

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    IDK but did you see deuce claimed he played for the redwings the other day?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    lol!!!

People less concerned with mma these days, not boxing!!! MMA is dying , bro. They are averaging 300k PPV buys per event this year which is way less than in 2007. Seven years later and LESS people are buying . It would take 4 UFC events to equal one Mayweather fight.

Its mma that no one cares about anymore. They went from a few, good ppvs per year to watered down cards no one cares about. They had one PPV this year barely break 100k buys . For god sakes Stephens-Swanson was the main event of a card this year . Pathetic

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    lol!!!

Wrong!!! MMA is the fastest growing sport still today... I love when people post their own thoughts without any real proof...

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Wrong!!! MMA is the fastest growing sport still today... I love when people post their own thoughts without any real proof...
    You mean like you just did?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You mean like you just did?
    No actually like you just did...

http://www.cagepotato.com/worlds-fas...-fact-or-hype/

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

No actually like you just did...
    Good lord you're dumb.

Whether or not I agree with your premise, you did EXACTLY what you complained about.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Good lord you're dumb.

Whether or not I agree with your premise, you did EXACTLY what you complained about.
    What ever you say Nuns.. Yeah I'm dumb and you need to read and comprehend typed English better... Play nice Nuns...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

is he fighting because he needs the money? fighting at 49 can't be good for you especially against a formidable foe.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

What ever you say Nuns.. Yeah I'm dumb and you need to read and comprehend typed English better... Play nice Nuns...
    You wrote:

"A) Wrong!!! MMA is the fastest growing sport still today...

and then:

B) I love when people post their own thoughts without any real proof..."

You do realize that that what you complain about in statement B is exactly what you did in statement A, regardless of whether or not your opinion is true?

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    is he fighting because he needs the money? fighting at 49 can't be good for you especially against a formidable foe.
    I believe he's fighting #1 because he still competes at a high level # 2 b-hop doesn't take many clean hits with his style # 3 he loves the fight game and he's a total gym rat and lives a very clean life style
    as to the money he doesn't need it he's no dummy with money and I believe he owns a small piece of golden boy

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Hopkins was old 13 years ago.

Hopkins asked for this fight.

Hopkins is a stud.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    I believe he's fighting #1 because he still competes at a high level # 2 b-hop doesn't take many clean hits with his style # 3 he loves the fight game and he's a total gym rat and lives a very clean life style
    as to the money he doesn't need it he's no dummy with money and I believe he owns a small piece of golden boy
    All of this is true and excellent facts about Bernard.

BUT, along with Bernard being one of the smartest in the ring, he is also still black and dumb when it comes to his mouth.
    Fukkin idiot said he isn't a legend and doesn't get notoriety because he's black.
    Guess he forgot that just about every bigtime boxer in his prime was black or hispanic.
    I read the article somewhere, he made himself look like a moron.

He may be sour because Foreman was so much more popular when he was 50 and still in the ring, but it's because boxing was bigger back then, and also George made his own name promoting himself better.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

you are posting links from 4 years ago... mma hasnt been the fastest grower in years... not that it matters...every fukkin trailer trash redneck thinks they can be a fighter now, so i guess whatever you want to assume is okay ... its popular, no doubt

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the US.

jjgold

MMA is not a real sport
    That used to be good but it's watered-down now

brent2014
    brent2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 742

MMA is not a real sport
    That used to be good but it's watered-down now
    Based on your expert knowledge on boxing, I take your opinion on this subject very seriously.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Hey JJGOLD!! Throw a unit on this guy to get KO @-138 not bad easy 100? Let's get it!!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    hey im the biggest B Hop fan that their is but to think he isnt or hasn't used Ped would be stunning to me. U dont do this shit at 50 without some help

swag1982

Wow I'm in trouble on this one

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    hey im the biggest B Hop fan that their is but to think he isnt or hasn't used Ped would be stunning to me. U dont do this shit at 50 without some help
    Very possible

12 Last