lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Pops

Let's face it. This guy is a legend.

Now the resting of these guys is something he knows he can get away with. Would it not have made more sense to rest them last night vs a shitty hawks team? Of course not can't make the home crowd angry.

Now he goes into houston for the 4th game of the season and he rest timmy and gino.

The nba needs to suspend him for 10 games the next time he pulls this shit.

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

I disagree, in the regular season a win is a win, the opponent doesnt matter

you play your best in the game you can take the win and rest in the game where you are more likely to lose

this way pop went 1-1, if you were spurs coach you would've been 0-2 with your best players exhausted by a very physical and fast paced houston team, not to mention the psychological effect of losing to a division rival

and anyway I think pops had ulterior motives, he's just trying to make a point about the nonsensical schedule

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

guy has 5 rings why question him, he has an old team and doesnt need to win every game, sucks for the league that half their doubleheader got turned into a shitshow but what can you really do

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

he shits on the league because they keep putting tnt games on the 2nd half of a b2b. next time put their 2nd game friday and people get to watch duncan and ginobili

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

im pretty sure they gonna have a hard time playing Houston anyway with Duncan in that's why he decided to rest them.. but he could have made that decision sooner.. fack terd

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    im pretty sure they gonna have a hard time playing Houston anyway with Duncan in that's why he decided to rest them.. but he could have made that decision sooner.. fack terd
    why is he a fack terd? he is the coach he can decide what and when to do it

i doubt his decision has a lot of impact on others, most people that go to games are either season ticket holders or buy their tickets well in advance, so did you want him to announce that he is resting players a year early?

then there are the gamblers, and if you think that pops needs to adjust his decision making based on the welfare of the gambling community then I dont know what to say

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Other teams are now slowly starting to follow. Pops is way ahead of the curve on this one. SA looked fresh as daisies against Miami last year who looked like they all had a load in their pants.

He's not paid to make fans happy all the time. He's paid to win championships.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Pop knows the Spurs will at the very least get a 5 or 6 seed. why even play your starters??? the bench can get them in the playoffs

does home field and seeding in the West even really matter? all the teams will be rough... Memphis, Rockets, Trailblazers, Mavs, Spurs, Clippers, OKC, GSW... who cares what order you play them in

let the bench do the work

then have Ginobili posterize over Lebron in the finals
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 11-07-14 at 07:48 AM.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care of Pops pulls this crap or not.

But I WOULD like to see a couple upper echelon teams shaft the SA home crowd and not play their better talent.

Maybe in a stretch of two or three games straight. Rub his nose in it. See what the league thinks then.