Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by cashmoneyholla View Post
    Man if your only making 50 K a year, take the third option. And no smoky not because of the boats. But it sounds like he has the opportunity to be part of something special. growing a small business into something meaningful. sounds very exciting to me. And to partner with someone so successful it just a nice bonus.

Holla
    holla he is making about 3x that amount

With baby on the way, I think it will be wise to take an option with a well established company that guarantees him pension.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by cashmoneyholla View Post
    Take the third man and keep us updated to your progress. I am excited for you. Nothing like being part of a business that you own or atleast have a say on how this company will be doing in the future.

Holla

Why would you be excited for him?

Third is high risk high reward. If he's part owner, he's going to be busting his ass to make sure it all goes well and performs well. What if all that busting ass doesn't get the job done and it's not a successful venture?

I don't know many "successful" people that just like to hand over a percentage of their company to someone if they know it's already successful and they don't need that person to keep it going upwards.

As boring as it sounds, I'd stick with the place you're at, you know the ins and outs, if it similar compensation to the others then I'd just stick there. You know what they expect out of you, you know what you're supposed to do...If you're good at it, there is not much stress. Taking the third option could ruin you, sure you could make more money, but what good is that when you're a debbie downer for the 3 hours a day you're out of the job and not sleeping...

cashmoneyholla
    cashmoneyholla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7653

oh my bad i must have read it wrong. Either way, would hate to look back in a few years and go oh penetrate look what i could have been part of.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Just like opie...

D2D thinks PT is Facebook.

cashmoneyholla
    cashmoneyholla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7653

oh RR i misunderstood. If he's making around 150 k a year then it might be worth just sticking with the same job. I thought he was only making around 50, so in that case hell ya i would take the risk to be part of a start up company.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I think it's important to know your rooster size D2D before anyone can give you any serious advice.

GL!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Just like opie...

lolol

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Ok, I can't and won't leverage these offers with my current employer. With them I have leveraged my success in the role to get the most that I can out of the position....in other words there is no money left.

I don't make $50k a year currently.

I think that I will come back later today and add more info from the third option. That may help things become a little more clear.

Thanks for the input so far....and for those of you that are shocked that I would post any of this here....I can assure you that this type of thinking (round table) can be very valuable. Even if some of the input is dog shit, there are others that can help and this type of thinking tends to make me see things more clearly...almost from an outsiders POV.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Just like opie...
    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    lolol
    Awwww....look how close these 2 have become. So sweet how they back each other up.

Jesus. This joke almost writes itself.....

"So a Mexican midget and a nosering wearing jew walk into a gay bar....."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

stay where you are and move up the ladder there. with a family on the way, security is above all. best wishes and good luck with whatever you decide.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Why would you be excited for him?

Third is high risk high reward. If he's part owner, he's going to be busting his ass to make sure it all goes well and performs well. What if all that busting ass doesn't get the job done and it's not a successful venture?

I don't know many "successful" people that just like to hand over a percentage of their company to someone if they know it's already successful and they don't need that person to keep it going upwards.

As boring as it sounds, I'd stick with the place you're at, you know the ins and outs, if it similar compensation to the others then I'd just stick there. You know what they expect out of you, you know what you're supposed to do...If you're good at it, there is not much stress. Taking the third option could ruin you, sure you could make more money, but what good is that when you're a debbie downer for the 3 hours a day you're out of the job and not sleeping...
    I get what you are saying...the company is growing, BUT they need somebody like me. Their entire sales team is crap, I know the market segment that they are selling into and can bring valuable insight and contacts. I am used to presenting multi-million dollar deals at CEO level and that is where they need to go....and more than anything, he understands my motivation and knows that if he gives me a small part of the action that I will be even more motivated than I usually am.

Personally, even if I wasn't going to get involved with him, I would tell him to do the exact same thing with somebody of similar talents.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well since it's beneath all you smart guys to post a tl;dr I guess I'll have to to help the working man that doesn't have time to read all that.

Since I am either insecure in my decision making, thinly bragging, desperately seeking attention from forum pals please choose one of these 3 options.

Option A - keep my job at mcdonalds
    Option B - switch to Burger King after shady meeting that offers me more benefits
    Option C - switch to unknown/not well established burger joint that I would have a small stake in and is run by bill gates jr
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Opie you're probably the most successful poster here.

I think we need more information here. I didn't know option one can't offer a financial incentive. I agree that this is a game changer. Do you have a 4th option for him digging in an oil field somewhere?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Well since it's beneath all you smart guys to post a tl;dr I guess I'll have to to help the working man that doesn't have time to read all that.

Since I am either insecure in my decision making, thinly bragging, desperately seeking attention from forum pals please choose one of these 3 options.

Option B - switch to Burger King after shady meeting that offers me more benefits
    Option C - switch to unknown/not well established burger joint that I would have a small stake in and is run by bill gates jr
    Well done....this may be the answer I was looking for.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Awwww....look how close these 2 have become. So sweet how they back each other up.

look who's talking about a gay bar.. Oopie I've never seen a more closet phag in my life..

Hey oopie tells us how you're a grad from a prestigious school but work in construction??? tell the truth lurch... you went to community college and you went to work for your daddy..

Ra77er

My advice to above situation is great decisions come from within. Once you choose your path, tell your wife and give it your best.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Who would come to a gambling forum for life changing advice?

Sounds like OP just wants to brag about how great he is

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Another good thing to do is go into quiet meditation......write down pros and cons for each option and you need to ask yourself questions and what is possible...big Tony Robbins fan... The quality of your life is based on the quality of questions you ask.... Have to have a dream and vision of your heart's desires and ask what is possible and get out of your fixed and conditioned thinking and think in terms of possibilities and then go pursue them...
    seems like option one is safe and comfortable and your mind wants you to stay in your comfort zone....Fear sets in. Life is short DONT PLAY SMALL follow your heart and dreams

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I get what you are saying...the company is growing, BUT they need somebody like me. Their entire sales team is crap, I know the market segment that they are selling into and can bring valuable insight and contacts. I am used to presenting multi-million dollar deals at CEO level and that is where they need to go....and more than anything, he understands my motivation and knows that if he gives me a small part of the action that I will be even more motivated than I usually am.

Personally, even if I wasn't going to get involved with him, I would tell him to do the exact same thing with somebody of similar talents.

From what I just read, you have a baby on the way.

I would keep option 1 and never look back. Owning part of a business will bring on more stress than just working for it, even if your job stays the same.

Last thing you're going to want is more stress, more hours, more responsibility at your job, then go home to a new born baby, assuming you're not black and just dumping the kid with the momma and letting him grow up to be a piece of shit.

But really...change is a great thing, too much of a change can be detrimental...Life is about to change due to a baby, don't think it's a great idea to pile more shit on top of it, which isn't necessary right now. You're probably not 20, not the best idea to jump from a great life to an "unkown" life. I surely wouldn't want to ruin the good thing I have going to take a "chance" on something that could be better, especially when others are depending on me. Stick with what's good and makes you happy now, because happiness in a job is worth more than making 50K more...assuming you're making 200+ a year.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

broke ass bitch is mad at other peoples success story
    why it doesn't surprise me

Ted Sheckler

Some people have nowhere else to go...sad but true. so help out while you can.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

......when a 350 lb bozo with a cockadoodle hairdo smelling of jizz approaches them and offers to blow them each in the back of his '96 dodge ram in exchange for betpoints.

ur right it does write itself.

lol

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    ......when a 350 lb bozo with a cockadoodle hairdo smelling of jizz approaches them and offers to blow them each in the back of his '96 dodge ram in exchange for betpoints.

ur right it does write itself.

lol

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

You could go out to the desert and drop some peyote with an indian tribe then have one of those experiances where they isolate you in a teepee for days so that you have a visual experience to lead you to the right decision

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Damn D you actually went there! You brought your real life path on to sbr. Email or call me if you need an ear pal...can't do PT . This isn't the real world...this is all a fantasy land for us.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    broke ass bitch is mad at other peoples success story
    why it doesn't surprise me
    Yep, he's so pathetic, trolling all my WINNING threads, you can't make this shit up

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Damn D you actually went there! You brought your real life path on to sbr. Email or call me if you need an ear pal...can't do PT . This isn't the real world...this is all a fantasy land for us.

As Jerry said 'well, I guess I slipped up'.

Good find.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post

Ra77er brings it into prospective for 97% of SBR.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Yep, he's so pathetic, trolling all my WINNING threads, you can't make this shit up
    at least other clowns pretend to be something else...this dumb fukk told me yesterday that he's here strictly for trolling

you really can't make this shit up

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Some people have nowhere else to go...sad but true. so help out while you can.
    Makes no sense to me why people would share so much of their lives on a gambling forum to a bunch of strangers

This guy posts vids too.. What if a potential employer sees him here? lol that's a real good look

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Makes no sense to me why people would share so much of their lives on a gambling forum to a bunch of strangers

This guy posts vids too.. What if a potential employer sees him here? lol that's a real good look

Yeah, my potential employers would hang out wth guys like us.

Mayo....get a grip.

Ra77er

Employers have checked facebook, see no reason to think its that far fetched.

pattymayo

Yeah, my potential employers would hang out wth guys like us.

Mayo....get a grip.
    You upload your videos to YouTube, right?

Are you Brett M.?

Wouldn't be hard for an employer to google your name and your YouTube channel pop up

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Well boys, when we look back at our lives we can always find events that shaped it, from the smallest to the biggest. I am at a crossroads today and will be for the next few days.....I have been in a quandary for the last while, maybe just maybe I can find some insight on SBR...why the hell not, right?

First off, I love my job. I have loads of flexibility, solid benefits, great pay and I get to make all of my own decisions. Until recently I had always thought that I would stay at my current company for years to come.

Four weeks ago I got a message on LinkedIn from a headhunter. This happens regularly and I typically ignore. I am in a highly competitive space and my title is Senior Sales Manager - Western Canada and that attracts a lot of companies that are looking to sell into a similar sector of the market. I am well known as I place a very high priority on the networking aspect of my job and it makes other companies aware of me.

So, I did ignore this message as well. So the Monday morning after I received the message I get a phone call from said headhunter. She represents my largest competitor in my space and they asked her to reach out to me. Flattering? Yes, for sure.

This company is the 11th largest publicly traded company in the world, with profits year over year in the Billions of dollars. Now, what do they have that my company doesn't? Well first off, room to move. At my current position I report firm direct to our CEO and aside from our SVP and VP of Ops there is nobody above me....nice in a lot of ways but at the same time I am a little bit handcuffed as I don't have any real verticals jumps that I can make.

So, I agree to talk with them. First their CEO (of their Canadian Division) flies in to Vancouver to meet me, that goes well....then their SVP Sales, then their VP of Ops for Western Canada. Each of these goes well and now they are ready to make me an offer, which I will have later today, for their VP of Sales - Western Canada.

The job pays well, sick benefits, etc. Here is where my problem lies....

Last week I mentioned this all to an acquaintance that happens to own his own company. It is a tech company and he has built two large companies in the past and sold them off (he isn't 'uber rich' but he does own a palace of a house in West Vancouver in the ocean and happens to have a sick where he has his fleet of 6 boats, two of which are yachts upwards of 75'). In other words, the guy is a winner....he builds companies that have value and has done it twice successfully.

Anyway....he immediately says that he had no idea I would be open to moving. We sit and talk for a while and we agree to talk more in a few days. Later in the week he comes back to me...wants me to be his VP Sales, offers to beat the above package and give me a stake in the company. Seems like a no brainer...or does it?

This company is already doing well....he started it four years ago and he is still in the capital raising stages, but they are getting closer and closer to breaking even now, with a current shortfall of only $25k a month. Three of his investors are literally some of the worlds largest companies (think Siemens and Johnson Controls) and he just brought a new investor in for another $3.8 million for 20% of the business (already a valuation of $19 million!).

My thoughts are these....

I will get an amazing education at the first company.

I will get better overall benefits at the first company, including pension, etc.

I will have complete job security at the first company.

I completely understand the market as the job is very similar to what I do now.

On to the second opportunity.....

I will have more flexibility at this company.

I will be higher in the food chain at this company (the first company has dozens of layers of VPs, SVPs, etc)

I will have a chance to be a part of something huge if it goes the way he expects it to, which could mean a lot more than a big salary. I see people with 'real money' all the time....and that would be nice.

Both are local, both will require similar amounts of travel, one across Canada the second across the world.

I literally have no idea what I want to do. Normally it would be easy but with a kid on the way...it is a bigger deal. I believe that this will be one of those moments in my life that I look back at and think 'wow, if I hadn't done that then none of this would have happened'.

Either way, I am a happy camper....not here to complain about making a decision like this..but I would like some insight from people other than friends and family.

D2D
    Who do you trust more with your future? Your families future? Who has your back? What is your real dream job? I'm sure you will succeed, but you can fail at either, at least you failed going for something you love. What is more important security or potential? Is it all about money? If you have responsibility (kids education, wife, house) you need to take care of those things in my opinion. Listen to your gut.
    Last edited by Salmon Steak; 11-05-14 at 02:55 PM.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

saloon

First 123 Last