LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Adrian Peterson Reaches Plea Deal, Pleads No Contest to Misdemeanor

It is not impossible for him to be cleared to return the NFL this season, but it is far from a given and there are several obstacles in the way first.

Adrian Peterson pleads no contest to misdemeanor charge
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave LT Profits 5000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yisman gave LT Profits 5000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yisman gave LT Profits 2000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Biggest obstacle is he is out of shape from all the pot smoking orgies he had been having the last 2 months on Vikings dime.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

no respect for guys that hit women or children, should do a few months in the can imo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will not play again this year
    Goodell would get slammed

He wants no part of it

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

NFL could still hand down a suspension he has been on paid leave

jjgold

I say NFL gives him at least 10 games minimum

They need zero controversy here

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Bring him to Miami he can have all the drugged out orgies he wants and we can win the superbowl

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Orgies keep you in good shape.
    Points Awarded:

meader99 gave GUMMO77 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Peterson pleaded to misdemeanor reckless assault which is far from a felony. He was effectively suspended for 10 games for a misdemeanor which will cause problems for the NFL. His lawyers will absolutely crush the NFL on this issue if he is not reinstated immediately. The NFL is punishing Peterson more for a level of crime that others are punished much less for (especially for a first offense). People need to realize that this has nothing to do with how wrong his crime was, but keeping him suspended pretty much will set a standard for all other players that end up with misdemeanor charges.For better or worse we have to look at this from a legal standpoint because that is how this problem will be solved.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

“@RapSheet: Adrian Peterson pleads no contest. He will pay a fine of $4,000, serve 80 hours of community service, be placed on probation.”

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Biggest obstacle is he is out of shape from all the pot smoking orgies he had been having the last 2 months on Vikings dime.
    Not good for a slash type running back.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    Peterson pleaded to misdemeanor reckless assault which is far from a felony. He was effectively suspended for 10 games for a misdemeanor which will cause problems for the NFL. His lawyers will absolutely crush the NFL on this issue if he is not reinstated immediately. The NFL is punishing Peterson more for a level of crime that others are punished much less for (especially for a first offense). People need to realize that this has nothing to do with how wrong his crime was, but keeping him suspended pretty much will set a standard for all other players that end up with misdemeanor charges.For better or worse we have to look at this from a legal standpoint because that is how this problem will be solved.
    you are wrong there. As long as they are paying him he has no gripe.Remember when vick had all those peta characters outside gates; all the children advocates are going to go nuts. I see him telling minn to keep paying him and they try to sneak him back next year. just my opinion.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I still think AP is finished for this season, but we will see what the next step is.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

we'll see how many leagues I get him on waivers....if it's a lot, then i'm sure he will miss the rest of the season.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Poor guys season is ruined because of how he chooses to discipline his child.

Axman3000

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    you are wrong there. As long as they are paying him he has no gripe.Remember when vick had all those peta characters outside gates; all the children advocates are going to go nuts. I see him telling minn to keep paying him and they try to sneak him back next year. just my opinion.
    A football player wants to play football and his lawyers (along with the players union) will make sure he will play football. Vick was convicted of a felony which allows an easy path to suspension. The NFL has given Peterson a 10 game suspension for a misdemeanor charge which is a lot harder to justify from a legal standpoint. The only way Peterson isn't playing is if he chooses not to play and as a professional athlete he is probably ready to get back on the field. Regardless of how people feel about Peterson, the NFL is pretty much stuck with reinstating him.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Just grabbed him off waivers. Question now is if reinstated, does Minnesota GM choose to even activate him....?????? Hope I didn't waste my time here cause I could've had Sanchez whom I really wanted. Regardless APs upside can't be ignored

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    What did a 4 year old do to deserve being beaten in the testicles? I'd never even heard of that. AP is a sociopath.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    What did a 4 year old do to deserve being beaten in the testicles? I'd never even heard of that. AP is a sociopath.
    You never been kicked in the nads before? GTFO

jjgold

He is not going to be reinstated

What he did was 50x worse than what Rice did

He is a bigger animal than Rice ever was

Smoke

Bunch of pussies in this thread. Thats why kids these days have no respect. They never got the belt or tree branch. Had they did things would be different.
    Points Awarded:

lou9093 gave Smoke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold

Smokey he is a sick man, eventually he would of killed one of his kids

Hitting kids makes them worse in life

Plenty of ways to teach them respect but violence proven not to work

SMOKEY I was whipped with milk weeds by bullies when I was young and make me an angry guy

SMOKEY STAY OUT OF MY WAY TODAY
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Smokey he is a sick man, eventually he would of killed one of his kids

Hitting kids makes them worse in life

Plenty of ways to teach them respect but violence proven not to work

SMOKEY I was whipped with milk weeds by bullies when I was young and make me an angry guy

SMOKEY STAY OUT OF MY WAY TODAY
    Bullies dont whoop your ass to discipline you

Bullies prey on those who are weak

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    indeed.... good thing all this political correctness didn't exist when I grew up..... my dad would've been fired and we'd been homeless...

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    You never been kicked in the nads before? GTFO
    My parents never opened my legs and beat me in the crotch with a stick at 4 years old. Yours did?

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Looks like he will be back to terrorize da bears.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    A football player wants to play football and his lawyers (along with the players union) will make sure he will play football. Vick was convicted of a felony which allows an easy path to suspension. The NFL has given Peterson a 10 game suspension for a misdemeanor charge which is a lot harder to justify from a legal standpoint. The only way Peterson isn't playing is if he chooses not to play and as a professional athlete he is probably ready to get back on the field. Regardless of how people feel about Peterson, the NFL is pretty much stuck with reinstating him.
    really. Didn't know smoking weed or failing a drug test were felonies. Just like driving on a highway; playing in the nfl is a gift and not a right. When this came out , I was a.p. advocate but was told by a lawyer friend just this statement. I think I remember alot of corporate sponsors threatening to pull their money from vikes. From a legal standpoint the nfl will be better served to wait til next year.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Bunch of pussies in this thread. Thats why kids these days have no respect. They never got the belt or tree branch. Had they did things would be different.
    what things could be different? Are not the adults who were beaten with the branch you are so fond of in charge of things now???? thats what you want different right?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Rumor going around he will have to run all plays with leaves in his mouth and will be spanked by their cheerleaders before every game

I say it's fitting punishment except I'm jealous of the 2nd part

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Rumor going around he will have to run all plays with leaves in his mouth and will be spanked by their cheerleaders before every game

I say it's fitting punishment except I'm jealous of the 2nd part
    The 2nd part wasn't "spanked by cheerleaders", it was being "punched in the nuts" by a defensive tackle. LOL

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    My parents never opened my legs and beat me in the crotch with a stick at 4 years old. Yours did?

obviously in his case. the guy is from flint, michigan.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    obviously in his case. the guy is from flint, michigan.
    I've seriously never heard of genital beating of small children before this. Does the Catholic Church approve?

Axman3000

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    really. Didn't know smoking weed or failing a drug test were felonies. Just like driving on a highway; playing in the nfl is a gift and not a right. When this came out , I was a.p. advocate but was told by a lawyer friend just this statement. I think I remember alot of corporate sponsors threatening to pull their money from vikes. From a legal standpoint the nfl will be better served to wait til next year.
    The drug offenses were specifically pointed out in the contract players signed and Josh Gordon had repeatedly violated the policy in the contract. The reckless assault is a one-off misdemeanor for Peterson so this is light years away from what Josh Gordon did as far as the contract is concerned. On top of that the drug test Peterson was administered was not connected to the NFL so this probably couldn't be used against him. Even if it could it would only be one offense of the zero tolerance policy. It's a right to play in the NFL if a player signed a contract and has followed the contract without violation. We can talk all we want about what should be done but at the end of the day it's going to be Peterson's lawyers vs. the NFL.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Hopefully he doesn't play again this year, I'm tired of having this pending for almost two damn months!

Peterson wont Play ML (-120)
    Adrian Peterson to play in another game for the 2014 - 2015 NFL regular season and playoffs - $100 Max - Any wagers made after public knowledge will be cancelled
    Scheduled : 09/19/14 3:00 PM (EST)
    Accepted: 09/18/14 8:31 PM (EST)
    Sport: Football - NFL - Props (#19922)
    Ticket #: 97009823
    Risk/Win: $120.00/$100.00
    Outcome: Pending
    $120.00 $100.00

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

What happened to the good ole "Don't spare the rod and spoil the child"?

12 Last