BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Mark Sanchez gets his chance for the next 4-6 weeks. How does this pan out?

Something tells me a change of scenery and this golden opportunity he now has with Foles out at least a month, he's going to surprise a few ppl and do pretty good, even though I really can't stand this bitch ass diva.
    He has a decent schedule in his favor also:

8:30 pm ET
    Mon Nov 10
    CAR
    1:00 pm ET
    Sun Nov 16
    at GB
    Sun Nov 23
    TEN
    4:30 pm ET
    Thu Nov 27
    at DAL

Anyone think he can go 3-1?

Let's face it, Foles hasn't been turning any heads as the starter. He has an awful Qb rating and his numbers are average at best.
    I really don't think if Sanchez goes 3-1 here you will see him yanked that easily.
    If he performs anything like he did yesterday it will be tough for Chip to sit him.
    15-22 202 yards 2 td's 2 picks (1 wasn't his fault).

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I look back at a 2010 Jets team that made it to the playoffs. Led by Sanchez Yes, but really led by that defense. He was pretty sub par that year on a 11-5 Jets Team, that made it to the AFC Championship Game.

He had a weak game to get by the colts in the wild card, but he did show up for the upset in New England, 3 TD, 194 Yards Road win to take his squad to the AFC Championship...

He had his chance to be the come back kid against the Steelers that year but fell short.

This 2010 Jets team was the best team Sanchez has played on, look at the numbers, nothing exciting to me.

2010- 16 Games Played
    YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    3,291 6.49 17 74 13 5 49.2 75.3

Then you look at his numbers the next season and on paper look better, but a lot of that was garbage time when the Jets went 8-8 in 2012 and didn't make the playoffs..

Yea this eagles team has weapons no doubt, but good old Butt Fumble Sanchez has had a great supporting cast and was just sub par... I wouldn't get your hopes up... He had a huge contract for 20+ Million back in 2011 on a 3 year deal and 20 mil was guaranteed. Has just been coasting since that deal... This this is probably his last shot at getting looks as a starter so maybe if he has been training hard and waiting for this moment he will shine.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

BennyBigNuts

Great post.
    I'm not rooting for him.
    I just feel like he's in a system he can do well in and also Foles has been a disappointment so he has a chance if he performs well.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Something tells me a change of scenery and this golden opportunity he now has with Foles out at least a month, he's going to surprise a few ppl and do pretty good, even though I really can't stand this bitch ass diva.
    He has a decent schedule in his favor also:

8:30 pm ET
    Mon Nov 10
    CAR
    Sun Nov 16
    at GB
    Sun Nov 23
    TEN
    4:30 pm ET
    Thu Nov 27
    at DAL

Anyone think he can go 3-1?

Let's face it, Foles hasn't been turning any heads as the starter. He has an awful Qb rating and his numbers are average at best.
    I really don't think if Sanchez goes 3-1 here you will see him yanked that easily.
    If he performs anything like he did yesterday it will be tough for Chip to sit him.
    15-22 202 yards 2 td's 2 picks (1 wasn't his fault).

3-1 hahhahaha come on really Stinkchez 3-1
    Most likey he goes 1-3 beating only Tenn the other games not much of a chance with this clownName:  sanchez-ass.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  58.5 KBHow qickly they forget

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I think this offense is a good match for his skill set. He needs to work on his exchange with the RB's and all of the fakes and progressions which are key. He won't be under center, so no butt fumble and he can run a little better than Foles. It will be interesting to see how Chip Kelly tailors the play calling to fit Sanchez, he throws a better deep ball and has a quicker release than Nick. With three healthy RB's, and the O-line getting the starters back, there won't be a ton of pressure to throw all day. This offense could start hitting on all gears like last year, should be interesting!

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Most likey he goes 1-3 beating only Tenn the other games not much of a chance with this clownName:  sanchez-ass.jpg
    That's because he was on a Shitty Jets team and he is more than capable of having a level of success at Philly.
    But the goal is to win the Super Bowl and Foles or Sanchez will not get it done.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

2-2 at best....

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

El Sancho 4-0, book it. Rex Ryan will have a heart attack.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I saw several posts last night where guys were saying Sanchez will actually be a "better fit for Kelly's offense."

I love the fact that guys watching SportsCenter and posting on SBR feel confident that they have seen something that Chip Kelly and staff have apparently missed through training camp and the first 9 weeks of the season.

Yes, clearly Sanchez is a better option than Foles. Those morons on the sidelines and up in the booth are just too ignorant to see that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This offense suits him well and he will definitely hold his own this is a quarterback that has been to two AFC championship games

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I think this offense is a good match for his skill set. He needs to work on his exchange with the RB's and all of the fakes and progressions which are key. He won't be under center, so no butt fumble and he can run a little better than Foles. It will be interesting to see how Chip Kelly tailors the play calling to fit Sanchez, he throws a better deep ball and has a quicker release than Nick. With three healthy RB's, and the O-line getting the starters back, there won't be a ton of pressure to throw all day. This offense could start hitting on all gears like last year, should be interesting!
    But what does being under center have to do with how he fumbled?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This offense suits him well and he will definitely hold his own this is a quarterback that has been to two AFC championship games
    He's been to two AFC championship games? Really?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Come on man! You think Carolina comes in next Monday and wins? Even with FOLES the two away games were gonna be tough. And I agree with Benny, FOLES has had a somewhat subpar year so far. The system kelly runs will allow him to produce. With that being said, 2-2 seems logical. Dallas D not a good as everyone thought. 10-6 wins this divison anyway.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave USCPHILLYGUY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    He's been to two AFC championship games? Really?

Sanchez, who led the New York Jets to the AFC championship game in his first two seasons in the NFL, quickly scored after entering the game. He set the touchdown up with a 52-yard pass to Jeremy Maclin, then scored with an 11-yard pass to Jordan Matthews.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I saw several posts last night where guys were saying Sanchez will actually be a "better fit for Kelly's offense."

I love the fact that guys watching SportsCenter and posting on SBR feel confident that they have seen something that Chip Kelly and staff have apparently missed through training camp and the first 9 weeks of the season.

Yes, clearly Sanchez is a better option than Foles. Those morons on the sidelines and up in the booth are just too ignorant to see that.
    Sorry Opie, but I never watch Sportscenter or ESPN for that matter unless its an actual game obviously.
    The only time I witness that joke of a network is when forced to watch it in the break rooms at work.
    Don't know if you remember, but this preseason there were plenty of ppl around the team that wondered if Sanchez should start. But they gave Foles a ton of money and there was no way he was going to lose his job before at least losing it himself in the regular season.
    It can happen.
    Foles is garbage, I'm not saying Sanchez is great, but he could be a better option. Not to mention great playoff experience.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

lets remember, Vick was starting QB Kelly picked last year. Foles only inserted bcause of Vick injuries. Of course you're not going to sit a guy who had 27TDS and 2INT last season. Foles is product of Kellys system. Hoping Sanchez can do the same.
    f

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

uscphillyguy prob blew a load in his pants when foles went down

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Sorry Opie, but I never watch Sportscenter or ESPN for that matter unless its an actual game obviously.
    The only time I witness that joke of a network is when forced to watch it in the break rooms at work.
    Don't know if you remember, but this preseason there were plenty of ppl around the team that wondered if Sanchez should start. But they gave Foles a ton of money and there was no way he was going to lose his job before at least losing it himself in the regular season.
    It can happen.
    Foles is garbage, I'm not saying Sanchez is great, but he could be a better option. Not to mention great playoff experience.

Not including you in my analogy, pal. It was in a few threads from last night. I personally am afraid this may work out ok for the Eagles. Sanchez is clearly a better option as a backup QB than POS Brandon Weeden. Pisses me off.

Now my hope is that he flames out like a motherfukker, and takes the Eagles down with him.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold

Sanchez would of won superbowl with Dallas

Rex fuked him

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    uscphillyguy prob blew a load in his pants when foles went down
    actually no. Although I have alliance to my Alma Mata and my hometown, I'm also a realist. Both players have their limits and the injuries keep piling up for the eagles. Ryans will be a big loss

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

All it means is a shit ton of media coverage on Sanchez and the Eagles now. Media loves this guy, they won't be able to get enough.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Foles is still playing on his relatively cheap rookie deal.

Sanchez is not good. A walking turnover machine. There is enough talent on offense around him to keep them in games. They should be ok in division since the team behind them is still Dallas.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great post.
    I'm not rooting for him.
    I just feel like he's in a system he can do well in and also Foles has been a disappointment so he has a chance if he performs well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he could cover 1-2 of those games, I would hope a Tennessee cover at home and maybe Carolina, but GB and Dallas will be hungry at home.. And he's been on the back burner for so long, really depends on how much work he's been doing since end of 2012.. I think he got benched his last game that season in the 2H and the injury in early 2013 he's been doing nothing for a while... Just depends on how you train and live day to day.. Look at McCoy you can tell he's been waiting for his shot all season since RG3 went down, Weeden on the other hand just looked god awful against the cards, like he hasn't been preparing for that opportunity.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Foles is still playing on his relatively cheap rookie deal.

Sanchez is not good. A walking turnover machine. There is enough talent on offense around him to keep them in games. They should be ok in division since the team behind them is still Dallas.
    Didn't they dump a bunch of money into Foles last year? Coulda sworn I saw him sign a hefty deal?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

First off Benny, good post. Definitely should lead to some good discussion (or as good as possible on SBR)....and to Opie as well....

Sanchez actually had an awesome preseason. I am not sure if Kelly would have ever considered starting him no matter how great he was and how badly Foles stunk it up, but he must have opened his eyes a little bit. And of course once the season started and the Eagles started winning there was no way that Foles was coming out....but, was Foles the reason they were winning? I doubt anyone would be led to believe that.

Dont get me wrong...I hate Sanchez, BUT I think he could be a good for here. The pressure is finally off, it is a better system for him to actually show his talents AND he has no doubt matured. He is still young, and my feeling is that he comes in and does well.

I think 3-1 is possible and maybe even likely, yes I said likely!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dont think it will pan out good, a success in my eyes would be 3-3 over six weeks thats without even looking at the opponents, I dont think he will go .500. But they have a few weapons and he's nothing more than a game manager so we will see.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Foles is on the last year of his rookie deal. This kills his chances at a mega deal, unless he comes back at years end and tears through the playoffs. QB drama in Phily, sports talk radio loves this stuff! As for Sanchez, can't wait for next Monday night!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

You guys think the media loves this now? Just wait a month for Seahawks vs Eagles. Pete Caroll vs the beloved Sanchize. Espn will probably do a 30 for 30 on it.
    Last edited by KRIT; 11-03-14 at 05:32 PM.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

The real question is do I play Sanchez or Vick for Luck's bye week........

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    The real question is do I play Sanchez or Vick for Luck's bye week........
    Sanchez and it isn't even a question worth asking.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Sanchez is a better quarterback than Foles . Foles won't be starting again. He is done.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is Deja Vu from two years ago when Foles stole the job from Vick. Very similar situations. Vick got scared feet and poor mechanics because he was playing behind an OL that was decimated by injuries early. Foles came in with a quicker release and was fearless in the pocket.

Turn to this year, Foles now has the scared feet and poor mechanics because he's been playing behind a make-shift OL for several weeks. I think as with Vick in 2012, it got to be a mental thing for Foles and he let it effect his plays, reads, etc. Enter Sanchez like Foles did and perhaps you have a fresh approach with someone who is again eager to claim the job as Foles was in 2012.

I think Foles will be out at least six weeks. Looking over that stretch, if Sanchez goes 4-2 and the offense is productive, I think it will be tough to break up the chemistry. If the offense continues its turnover prone ways though, even if they are winning as they are now, I think Foles reclaims the job - but I also don't think he's back in until 100% healthy.

I am looking for McCoy, Sproles and Polk to start getting the ball a bit more than they have and for the running game to get re-established as it should have been weeks ago to help keep pressure off the QB and really open up things.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sanchez should fare well in the Eagles system. Then he will get traded and suck for another team.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

He WILL Throw SOME Deep Bombs BUT Also WILL Throw SOME picks

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Who is 3rd string on Philly ...tell him to start warming up Stinkchez wont be there lone

12 Last