Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

This really bothers me about the NFL

These players and the ones coaching the players are getting paid millions of dollars. Teams get into a 2-12 or a 3-13 and they run stupid @## draw plays or screens in which the whole world see it coming and get stopped. Drop back and rip the ball down the field like the Detroit Lions do on 3-19 and get a 58 yard td like tate did in london. It's pathetic

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Thanks for reppin Detroit

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

I will never understand why so many coaches are unable to use their timeouts correctly.
    Dallas was in fg range , third down coming up , zona still with 2 timeouts but let the clock ticking down .
    Fg for dallas is blocked and returned 30 or 40 yards but clock hits zero and zona goes into the ht with 2 timeouts.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NFL playcalling has gotten very conservative

The last two years has been the year of the 5 yard pass

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta 19-1 View Post
    These players and the ones coaching the players are getting paid millions of dollars. Teams get into a 2-12 or a 3-13 and they run stupid @## draw plays or screens in which the whole world see it coming and get stopped. Drop back and rip the ball down the field like the Detroit Lions do on 3-19 and get a 58 yard td like tate did in london. It's pathetic
    Its called field position small chance you convert that 3rd and 13 in this league not going for it on 4th anyway so play it safe before you throw an int or qb sack and fumble.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Its called field position small chance you convert that 3rd and 13 in this league not going for it on 4th anyway so play it safe before you throw an int or qb sack and fumble.
    clearly you belong on the sidelines with these bums...if its 3-18 at the teams own 42 you rip it 50 yards down the field...if int then so be it...probably better than the bum punter can do anyways.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta 19-1 View Post
    clearly you belong on the sidelines with these bums...if its 3-18 at the teams own 42 you rip it 50 yards down the field...if int then so be it...probably better than the bum punter can do anyways.
    Really? So just throw a bomb? You know that takes time to develop right? What if you get sacked and fumble, there is a reason you see more draw plays or regular runs in that situation than what youre talking about, its called field position, you just learned something today.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

While we are at it. You would think that an assistant coach or someone would be in charge of keeping watch over the clock and to let the HC [who are obviously too retarded to notice] know.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Mark Richt taking notes here.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    NFL playcalling has gotten very conservative

The last two years has been the year of the 5 yard pass
    and brandon weeden still, STILL, can't not throw multiple interceptions every game he starts.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Its called loss aversion, NFL coaches vastly overrated the negligible benefit of few assured yards of field position pre punt, While underrating the massive benefit of a low percentage large play.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    Its called loss aversion, NFL coaches vastly overrated the negligible benefit of few assured yards of field position pre punt, While underrating the massive benefit of a low percentage large play.
    I totally agree with this. I was only stating why they do what they do, not that I agree with it every time.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Really? So just throw a bomb? You know that takes time to develop right? What if you get sacked and fumble, there is a reason you see more draw plays or regular runs in that situation than what youre talking about, its called field position, you just learned something today.
    Yes throw a bomb...if lions never toss that 59 yard td they lose the game. THESE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES ..we dont need joey harrington 2 yard checkdowns

texhooper

my man has got his lions references down

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    my man has got his lions references down

ha, yeah Lions are my team

texhooper

speaking of joey harrington, i believe he was on the call of the arizona state utah game last night. good god he is so annoying. if it wasn't him, then whoever it was is awful.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Falcons are the worst when it comes to time management and calling plays, thats why those fukks blew a 21pt lead.