Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Lakers have played 2 games. Kobe jacked up like 40+ shots in like 6 qtrs. both resulted in laker blowouts. Why not try a different approach Byron. When kobe got it going then fine shoot. But u never going to win a basketball game of 5 on 5 playing 1 vs 5.
    Again you are clearly not watching the game, if you noticed there is no other approach. Lin literally turns the ball over every other possession. The only other option is to give it to Boozer inside every play, they have zero talent around them.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Lin fckn sucks. and why are the lakers running iso kobe play every time down. pretty pathetic to use the talent excuse as a means to jack up tons of shots to get numbers.

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Lakers have played 2 games. Kobe jacked up like 40+ shots in like 6 qtrs. both resulted in laker blowouts. Why not try a different approach Byron. When kobe got it going then fine shoot. But u never going to win a basketball game of 5 on 5 playing 1 vs 5.
    great idea numbnut, who should Kobe pass to? Boozer had 8 Turnovers yesterday, Jordan Hill has no offensive game same goes for Wesley Johnson who is lucky to have a job in the NBA, Lin can ball but he should not be a starting PG for any NBA team, you can have the greatest coach in the world coaching these guys and they're still going to have a losing record

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

He will have the first of many Nuklear meltdowns before the first week is over.

Does anyone else remember when Kobe started making a real "mean, F`d up toothy face" during the beginning
    of a season a few years ago? MJ had the tougue thing, so Kobe went in front of a mirror, testing different faces to
    get more camera time and show how intense he was. First time I saw it, I knew exactly what he was up to.
    Think it lasted about 5 games, then somebody must have brought him into the film room, showed him some tape, and said stop the nonsense.

TwoWays

kobe lovers love blaming other players for his faults. pretty pathetic. who should he pass to, wahhh. this other guy had turnovers, wahhh. that sounds about right.

Reign Man

edit: double post

Reign Man

kobe lovers love blaming other players for his faults. pretty pathetic. who should he pass to, wahhh. this other guy had turnovers, wahhh. that sounds about right.
    tell us who he should be passing to more? I wanna hear what you have to say

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Quote Originally Posted by Reign Man View Post
    great idea numbnut, who should Kobe pass to? Boozer had 8 Turnovers yesterday, Jordan Hill has no offensive game same goes for Wesley Johnson who is lucky to have a job in the NBA, Lin can ball but he should not be a starting PG for any NBA team, you can have the greatest coach in the world coaching these guys and they're still going to have a losing record
    The Lakers are so bad. I will be shcoked if they aren't the worst team in the West. Kobe is just collecting a paycheck.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Lakers losing is the best thing that could happen for this team.

If they're one of the five worst teams in the league, they get to keep their first-round pick they sent to Phoenix for Steve Nash.

Lakers are going to be really awful this year. I really don't think Kobe hurts or helps this team. He's just kind of....there.

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by Reign Man View Post
    tell us who he should be passing to more? I wanna hear what you have to say
    Nah all he has to say is Kobe sucks, clearly has no basketball knowledge.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

any approach they take is not going to matter, the roster is devoid of any talent.

kobe has 31800 points exactly, kareem is at 38387, that means hes 6587 points away. If he averages 27 ppg, he can have the record when the 2016-2017 season ends, that is missing no more games. realistically, he could have it at the end of the 2017-2018 season, i expect him to hang around for this record no matter what is being said by espn articles. the next 2 seasons are going to be kobe getting as close as he can to that record

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    any approach they take is not going to matter, the roster is devoid of any talent.

kobe has 31800 points exactly, kareem is at 38387, that means hes 6587 points away. If he averages 27 ppg, he can have the record when the 2016-2017 season ends, that is missing no more games. realistically, he could have it at the end of the 2017-2018 season, i expect him to hang around for this record no matter what is being said by espn articles. the next 2 seasons are going to be kobe getting as close as he can to that record
    Wonder who they try and get during the offseason. Possibly Aldridge and Monte Ellis.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i dont see them getting anyone this offseason, not with kobe on the hook for 24 mil, even with cap space.

if he stays injury free and knows he will get the all time scoring record, then i expect him to play until 2018, if he has more injury problems and misses significant time over the next 2 years, then i think next year will be his last season. the lakers are better served delaying giving that pick to phoenix as long as possible, which is 2018 when it becomes unprotected.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That's true. But what good does it do to pay Kobe 24 mil for 2 worthless seasons.

I wonder if they might somehow end up trading him. Not sure how easy that would be with his contract though.
    Why r people on this site so dumb?? Why is it so hard to figure out?? Kobe Bryant is a bargain for the Lakers. It's pretty simple. They pay him 24m but would really pay him 50m. They know nobody is coming to LA over the next couple yrs. They know they can't win over the next couple yrs. So they have 2 options:

1) Let an icon walk & get lynched by fans & watch a 4000 zillion TV contract tank.
    2) Pay Kobe & take advantage of his profitability during his last couple seasons.

Kobe makes the Lakers organization well beyond 24m per yr. They wisely are protecting their TV deal & sponsors & milking Kobe for every last bit. Once Kobe is gone then they put their full court press rebuild plan into motion.

FIGURE IT OUT YOU DUMBFUKKS!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i dont see them getting anyone this offseason, not with kobe on the hook for 24 mil, even with cap space.

if he stays injury free and knows he will get the all time scoring record, then i expect him to play until 2018, if he has more injury problems and misses significant time over the next 2 years, then i think next year will be his last season. the lakers are better served delaying giving that pick to phoenix as long as possible, which is 2018 when it becomes unprotected.
    this is most interesting.. do you mean to say that the Lakers
    owe that second 1st Rounder to PHX no matter what?

if they were to finish in the bottom five..
    then it just bumps to another draft when they are above that thresh hold?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Why r people on this site so dumb?? Why is it so hard to figure out?? Kobe Bryant is a bargain for the Lakers. It's pretty simple. They pay him 24m but would really pay him 50m. They know nobody is coming to LA over the next couple yrs. They know they can't win over the next couple yrs. So they have 2 options:

1) Let an icon walk & get lynched by fans & watch a 4000 zillion TV contract tank.
    2) Pay Kobe & take advantage of his profitability during his last couple seasons.

Kobe makes the Lakers organization well beyond 24m per yr. They wisely are protecting their TV deal & sponsors & milking Kobe for every last bit. Once Kobe is gone then they put their full court press rebuild plan into motion.

FIGURE IT OUT YOU DUMBFUKKS!!
    So he's saving their TV contract? Really? That's your theory? Th Lakers just signed a 20 year TV contract a few years ago. So what difference does it make if Kobe plays the next two seasons or not? Help me out here.

Even if that was true, is their goal to make more money or to win more games? If it's only more money, then maybe you're right, although I still don't so.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

So he's saving their TV contract? Really? That's your theory? Even if that was true, is their goal to make more money or to win more games? If it's only more money, then maybe you're right, although I still don't so.
    Can you rebuild a franchise in two years without free agents to winning ways? You are from Chicago, that shouldn't be hard for you to figure out.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

The Lakers are so bad. I will be shcoked if they aren't the worst team in the West. Kobe is just collecting a paycheck.
    if kobe's just collecting a paycheck, why does he bother scoring 31 pts in 28 mins?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    if kobe's just collecting a paycheck, why does he bother scoring 31 pts in 28 mins?
    Because it's not that difficult. Get the ball, shoot the ball. He's gonna make some. He doesn't have to worry about winning. He's got 5 assists total in2

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Lakekers highest paid player is Kobe at 25 mill to 30 mill a year, but he isn't that type of player anymore. He deserves the money for what he did, but at this point the Lakers want put peices in place paying Kobe that kind of money.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

So he's saving their TV contract? Really? That's your theory? Th Lakers just signed a 20 year TV contract a few years ago. So what difference does it make if Kobe plays the next two seasons or not? Help me out here.

Even if that was true, is their goal to make more money or to win more games? If it's only more money, then maybe you're right, although I still don't so.
    ADVERTISING!!!!!

Advertising spots cost more when viewership is higher. Viewership is higher when players like Kobe Bryant are playing. It's a big business. Lakers with Kobe Bryant is a big business win or lose. Not so much without Kobe Bryant win or lose.

By resigning Kobe to a cap strapped albatross of a contract it's pretty clear the Lakers are choosing to cash in on the few remaining yrs he has rather than to begin the rebuilding phase now. They could have let Kobe walk & began the rebuilding phase this yr. The Lakers rebuilding is inevitable they just chose to delay it a few yrs & grab what they can.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    ADVERTISING!!!!!

Advertising spots cost more when viewership is higher. Viewership is higher when players like Kobe Bryant are playing. It's a big business. Lakers with Kobe Bryant is a big business win or lose. Not so much without Kobe Bryant win or lose.

By resigning Kobe to a cap strapped albatross of a contract it's pretty clear the Lakers are choosing to cash in on the few remaining yrs he has rather than to begin the rebuilding phase now. They could have let Kobe walk & began the rebuilding phase this yr. The Lakers rebuilding is inevitable they just chose to delay it a few yrs & grab what they can.
    Yes owner does not care if they lose either..$$$$

TwoWays

Kobe played the right way til he started ball hogging in the 4th quarter. The fck is wrong with him

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

He was ice cold in the fourth,stupid to let him attempt the three pointer.

Ratzz

Kobe played the right way til he started ball hogging in the 4th quarter. The fck is wrong with him
    what a PIG this dude is.. man.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher1991 View Post
    He was ice cold in the fourth,stupid to let him attempt the three pointer.
    LIN and the WHOLE team put together a GREAT EFFORT... and he just threw it away with his selfishness. AGAIN.

i hate KObe (everybody knows this) but i was actually rooting for the Lakers, because i want Lin
    not to be tortured.. and i LOVE underdogs...

and the Lakers beating the Clips is a HUUUGE upset...

1-7 SHOTS in the 4th Qtr... WHO THE F*CK takes EIGHT shots in a single QTR,
    unless the are going IN?!?!

K-O-B-E (that's who)

this loss is 100% on him. He will blame it on somebody.. you can be sure of that/

TwoWays

For those Kobe lovers that think their isn't talent on the lakers you just saw what's up when kobe gives other guys a chance. Then kobe takes over tries to go ham and down the toilet lakers go. Don't question my expertise

Ratzz

1) IF another player did what he did tonight.. Kobe would crucify him to the media after the game

2) THIS is why talented FAs will not sign with the Lakers.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Wonder who they try and get during the offseason. Possibly Aldridge and Monte Ellis.
    come on dude, LA isnt coming to LA
    monte ellis isnt gonna do shit for the lakers

Ratzz

For those Kobe lovers that think their isn't talent on the lakers you just saw what's up when kobe gives other guys a chance. Then kobe takes over tries to go ham and down the toilet lakers go. Don't question my expertise
    YUP this.

BOTTOM LINE.. how the Laker loss went down.

1) Lakers leading by 4 pts. (End of 3rd Qtr)

2) Enter KOBE: Passing to open man O-V-E-R

3) 8 shots by a single player. A single basket made.

4) Jordan Hill wide open on many of those shots. 10-15 shooting FG % .666

5) ED DAVIS open on many of those shots. 5-6 shooting FG % .833

6) winnable game. would have been great confidence builder for the young players going forward.

georgek118
    georgek118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4513

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    YUP this.

BOTTOM LINE.. how the Laker loss went down.

1) Lakers leading by 4 pts. (End of 3rd Qtr)

2) Enter KOBE: Passing to open man O-V-E-R

3) 8 shots by a single player. A single basket made.

4) Jordan Hill wide open on many of those shots. 10-15 shooting FG % .666

5) ED DAVIS open on many of those shots. 5-6 shooting FG % .833

6) winnable game. would have been great confidence builder for the young players going forward.
    U forgot, the clips 6th man, the refs. 7 straight possessions in the 4th went to fts...such a travesty this league has become.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by georgek118 View Post
    U forgot, the clips 6th man, the refs. 7 straight possessions in the 4th went to fts...such a travesty this league has become.
    true.

but Kobe was larger factor than refs.

Kobe came in and killed it first. and more completely

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by georgek118 View Post
    Refs played a big part. They gave every touch foul, no foul fouls to the clips. Lin clearly got slammed on one play and nothing called. Disgusting by nba refs. I hate the clips because of their flopping, and they get the benefit of it too.

Ratzz

LOL.. ZERO MENTION of Kobe going 1-7.. and not passing to anyone i the 4th Qtr!!

http://www.lakersnation.com/game-rec...rs/2014/10/31/

they made it sound like an accident

Screenshot of article (this is why is will go on forever)
    Attached Images  

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    He will have the first of many Nuklear meltdowns before the first week is over.

Does anyone else remember when Kobe started making a real "mean, F`d up toothy face" during the beginning
    of a season a few years ago? MJ had the tougue thing, so Kobe went in front of a mirror, testing different faces to
    get more camera time and show how intense he was. First time I saw it, I knew exactly what he was up to.
    Think it lasted about 5 games, then somebody must have brought him into the film room, showed him some tape, and said stop the nonsense.

LOL..

i agree 1000% i never saw this or anyone that thought that except me..
    i used to call it the "Kobe's 'Lil Tygah-face"

the most stupid and contrived/obvious bit of nonsense i have seen in sports..
    to do it once..okay.. everybody's ego get stupid once in a while..

but to do it like a routine... (when you are wayyyyyy up on a bad team)
    '
    he always waited until game out of reach.. it was longer than 5 games... it was two seasons.

what an idiot Kobe is

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Well...I must give Kobe credit...he instructed Lin to takeover and his advice paid dividends...Kobe and Lin played well in the 1st half...I think Lebron switched bodies with Kobe...Lebron took 30 shots tonight...LOL...meanwhile Kobe was quite efficient in the 1st half...credit to him..

Unfortunately..old Kobe returned in the 4th...and forced the issue..which did in fact cost them the game..Wes Johnson late foul on Crawford is as much to blame tho..I must say that was a bonehead play...yikes!!!...Lin has been quite effective in the past down the stretch...and should be allowed to take over from time to time late...will Kobe allow this.....i doubt it....

First 12345 ... Last