tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    SASpurs and SFGiants

Dull ass dynasties

Never seen so little swag out of champions
    Lolz. You're talking about someone lacking a WOW factor?!? Need I bump your "where will my wife let me move" thread.

Can't make this shitt up.
    Last edited by tatddy; 10-30-14 at 04:31 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    We live in a "pleasure now" society. Instant access, get what you want when you want it. Its bad enough that baseball is a slow game, but then you have to play 162 games just to get through the regular season! Then it finally gets interesting! Its why football is so popular. Only 16 games, once a week. Each game means so much!
    Life keeps getting faster as the world slowly loses interest.
    spot on. And with games on Sundays almost everybody is off work on Sundays so fans never miss a single game of their favorite team and i think what adds to the hype is you have a whole week to discuss and break down the match ups with your friends and you can hear them talk about a game for a week on the radion leading up to it so it builds excitement. That and people tailgate for Football and to most women and casual fans that is more fun than the game itself.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

In Bumgarner we trust

Bumgarner ain't no bum

Bumgarner says come get some

I ain't fraid of no ghost

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    so hard to even compete anymore yearly and SF defying odds

When are teams like Yanks going to realize you do not need high priced players to win?? It never works for them anymore

Baseball proves every year you can win with regular guys as so many no named players making smaller amounts of money better than well know players that had a lucky year in a previous season or 5 years ago

SF won because of a stud pitcher..its what you need not hitters
    the Giants are the 7th highest payroll is MLB with a payroll of 154 million. They paid close to 38 million bucks between Lincecum and Cain for this year alone and neither contributed to the world series ring. Hell, even a guy like Tim Hudson who didnt even make it to the 5th inning last night got paid 11.5 million this season.

Those 3 players alone made over half of what the Kansas City Royals 25 man roster made which was around 92 million

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Giants would be a dynasty if they weren't hungover every year after they win a World Series

Next year they don't break .500

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Jesus, do I hate those Eurotrash pricks who don't understand the true American game called baseball.

Proud of my Giants, was watching the game early in the morning in Egypt. Let's get another one in 2016!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Antibet View Post
    Jesus, do I hate those Eurotrash pricks who don't understand the true American game called baseball.

Proud of my Giants, was watching the game early in the morning in Egypt. Let's get another one in 2016!
    what the hell were u doing in Egypt? did u check out the pyramids?

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what the hell were u doing in Egypt? did u check out the pyramids?
    On vacation here. Not yet, but will do.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Giants would be a dynasty if they weren't hungover every year after they win a World Series

Next year they don't break .500
    True.

It's not an ordinary achivement to win 3 in 5 years but to be a dynasty you have to be dominant all the time. You can't win the WS one year and then be under 500 the next. So no it's not a dynasty but then its amazing what they have accomplished.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rob7168

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    True.

It's not an ordinary achivement to win 3 in 5 years but to be a dynasty you have to be dominant all the time. You can't win the WS one year and then be under 500 the next. So no it's not a dynasty but then its amazing what they have accomplished.
    Would you call the Buffalo Bills a dynasty for losing in the Super Bowl 4 years in a row?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Would you call the Buffalo Bills a dynasty for losing in the Super Bowl 4 years in a row?
    Well, an AFC dynasty.

First 12