Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So the Public is Fading Peyton Manning in Foxboro?

Never thought i would see this....

Might have to drop the hammer on the Broncos ML.

Hell it might be a good idea to do a Manning Bros Parlay.

NY Giants being disrespected against the Colts..

When was the last time Eli Manning was a home dog?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Brady hasnt lost a home game in the regular season since 2006.

You know Manning has had that stat on his mind all week.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Pats lost to cardinals sept 16 2012 at home. Then that December they lost to the 49er's at home as well.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Brady hasnt lost a home game in the regular season since 2006.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Pats lost to cardinals sept 16 2012 at home. Then that December they lost to the 49er's at home as well.
    Maybe Brady didn't play in those games. LOL

Spedizzo

Public is only backing Pats right now because they are getting +3.5 at home

ML is about even

I think public will pound Broncos more as Sunday approaches, with the line hitting +4 for Pats

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Pats defense can't stop all of Mannings weapons.
    Bronc's all day.

Don't overthink this, NE has no prayer.

Spedizzo

I usually back Pats in these spots

but Broncos are tough man

too many weapons

defense is better than last year

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Broncos ml all in play!

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Pats at home + points, Peyton will have trouble throwing and they have a back up runner who will need to be the game changer because you know Pats will give him the run all day.

I'm well aware Denver is good..I'm also aware that this isn't the same Pats team that took the field week 1..If they protect Brady he will put up pts on the small depleted secondary (minus Talib) and you know Gronk wants to light Tj Ward up this game. I think Pats can score faster than the Broncos and in the end it will be about who has the ball..If we need to rely on a fg I also like the Pats with one of the top kickers in the league

The "dont over think it, take Denver" approach doesn't apply in a historic matchup such as this one..This is the most equipped BB and the Pats have been to handle a Manning Team since way way back

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Denver right play even though Pats real hot

Denver has it all this year

BeanTownClown88

JJ I agree Denver has it all this year to win..If they dont win tho, can we further solidify TB12 as the greater winner of the two?

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Pats at home + points, Peyton will have trouble throwing and they have a back up runner who will need to be the game changer because you know Pats will give him the run all day.

I'm well aware Denver is good..I'm also aware that this isn't the same Pats team that took the field week 1..If they protect Brady he will put up pts on the small depleted secondary (minus Talib) and you know Gronk wants to light Tj Ward up this game. I think Pats can score faster than the Broncos and in the end it will be about who has the ball..If we need to rely on a fg I also like the Pats with one of the top kickers in the league

The "dont over think it, take Denver" approach doesn't apply in a historic matchup such as this one..This is the most equipped BB and the Pats have been to handle a Manning Team since way way back

See I would say that about Manning finally having the supporting pieces to beat down Brady but I'm from Indy and you're from Boston so we should just stay away. I just think Baltimore has always given NE problems with their pass rush and now Denver has Von Miller/Ware coming from both ends

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    JJ I agree Denver has it all this year to win..If they dont win tho, can we further solidify TB12 as the greater winner of the two?
    that conversation ended last year when manning got humiliated in superbowl

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

The #1 rule in NFL betting should be: "Don't fade Bill Belichick." Either take the Pats +3.5 or pass.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    that conversation ended last year when manning got humiliated in superbowl
    You actually have to show up to an event to be " humiliated" LOL. Who was actually QB' ing for the Broncos in the SB ???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Patriots have only lost once ATS ever as home dog with Brady at quarterback. Not a big sampling though, something like 8-1?

BeanTownClown88

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    See I would say that about Manning finally having the supporting pieces to beat down Brady but I'm from Indy and you're from Boston so we should just stay away. I just think Baltimore has always given NE problems with their pass rush and now Denver has Von Miller/Ware coming from both ends

Fred I agree that if the Pats don't stop the rush, we're in trouble. I think Brady has been working on extending plays with his feet so that he can survive in this game..Not sure if he can out run guys but atleast make himself a moving target..I love having the debate with Colts fans who have followed this thing since it's inception. I actually went to IU (HOOSIERS BABY) and almost got my ass kicked more than a few times for my allegiance lol The one thing I got people to admit was that if Manning never won another SB, they would not be satisfied with his career..He is one of the great ones, but so is Tom!

Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Something I noticed recently with Broncos is that they seem to avenge losses from the last time they faced their opponent. Like last year they lost to the chargers, came back to destroy them this year. Same with Indy, lost last year, came back to beat them this year (score is probably closer than the game was; denver routed them in the 1st half, Luck got them back into it and put up some TDs in the 4th to make the game closer than it was). Another good example is Baltimore in the playoffs 2 years ago, lost in double OT, annihilated them on opening night the following year. Of course this didn't work out so well against Seattle, who they were lucky to even take into OT this year. But it seems like Fox/Manning really takes the losses personally, whether it's extra gameplanning or whatever, and you know the loss to NE last year and the way it happened really left a bad taste in their mouths.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald S. View Post
    Something I noticed recently with Broncos is that they seem to avenge losses from the last time they faced their opponent. Like last year they lost to the chargers, came back to destroy them this year. Same with Indy, lost last year, came back to beat them this year (score is probably closer than the game was; denver routed them in the 1st half, Luck got them back into it and put up some TDs in the 4th to make the game closer than it was). Another good example is Baltimore in the playoffs 2 years ago, lost in double OT, annihilated them on opening night the following year. Of course this didn't work out so well against Seattle, who they were lucky to even take into OT this year. But it seems like Fox/Manning really takes the losses personally, whether it's extra gameplanning or whatever, and you know the loss to NE last year and the way it happened really left a bad taste in their mouths.
    Didn't they beat the Pat's in the playoffs ???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald S. View Post
    They already avenged that loss when it matter the most.

Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You are right I forgot about that!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Ill never forget last time He went up there Denver was blowing them out at halftime. Some 24 point comeback by the Pats cashed my ticket. Will never forget that one.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Ill never forget last time He went up there Denver was blowing them out at halftime. Some 24 point comeback by the Pats cashed my ticket. Will never forget that one.
    do you remember how it happened? it was all due to the weather. if the weather is somewhat decent, i wouldn't fade the broncos.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    do you remember how it happened? it was all due to the weather. if the weather is somewhat decent, i wouldn't fade the broncos.
    What??? and you guys think Denver is Miami Beach. LOL. Weather my ass. I live in New England (Greater Boston) and yes the weather around here SUCKS, but Denver is way worse than this. Don't go blaming a loss in Foxboro on the weather. It is probably already snowing in Denver @ this time of year.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Didn't I say the same thing in the above post ???

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I would rather watch an enjoy this game than have my money on the line.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I would rather watch an enjoy this game than have my money on the line.
    Tham buddy, gotta pick a side! Don't have to wager, just pick a side straight up. I say Pat's.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

We all know that you can manipulate the stats here any way you like to justify what team will be winning this game (although I think the stats guys can make a better case for Brady at plus money/points than the other side can make). Here is how I break down the game, in it's simplest form.

Both these teams are going to be playing very hard (yes, I know you will say teams always play hard at this level, but that is BS), so there is no motivational edge. Both teams are hot, both teams are playing solid defense, both teams are led by great QB's and both teams are competently coached (although Belicheck wins there handily).

So....what does this game come down to? I am going to evaluate this game as if it were a playoff game....as both of these teams will be motivated to play it just like that. It is being played outdoors and while weather won't be a huge factor it does come into play.

In that case, Manning will stiffen up a little....he is on the road opposing a great coach and a good defense. At the same time the Bronc's D will come up huge against Brady. These teams will battle it out all day and in the end, in my opinion there is only one play.

Under 54.5.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Tham buddy, gotta pick a side! Don't have to wager, just pick a side straight up. I say Pat's.
    With the way the NFL is these days... 2 great QBs. Who knows what side wins.
    Id say broncos cause they have a stronger defense.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    We all know that you can manipulate the stats here any way you like to justify what team will be winning this game (although I think the stats guys can make a better case for Brady at plus money/points than the other side can make). Here is how I break down the game, in it's simplest form.

Both these teams are going to be playing very hard (yes, I know you will say teams always play hard at this level, but that is BS), so there is no motivational edge. Both teams are hot, both teams are playing solid defense, both teams are led by great QB's and both teams are competently coached (although Belicheck wins there handily).

So....what does this game come down to? I am going to evaluate this game as if it were a playoff game....as both of these teams will be motivated to play it just like that. It is being played outdoors and while weather won't be a huge factor it does come into play.

In that case, Manning will stiffen up a little
    ....he is on the road opposing a great coach and a good defense. At the same time the Bronc's D will come up huge against Brady. These teams will battle it out all day and in the end, in my opinion there is only one play.

Under 54.5.
    Does Denver play in a dome??? What didn't you read before you posted this??? " Manning will stiffen up" . LOL. Might be a good choice on the under, but the rest is bullshit. Imagine thinking either one of these QB's will be bothered by weather. Where do you live " Death Valley"???

BeanTownClown88

To the weather defense..The AFC champ game was played in 50 degree sun in Denver..I can't remember the last time it was 50 degrees during January in Boston..Usually its in the 30's with ice on the ground and depressing as fk..Can see Mannings noodle arm having more issues with the wind than Tom Brady and his rocket

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

you clowns really don't remember how windy it was over there last year and this was when manning was tossing ducks.

without the wind factor denver would've won by double digits last year.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

actually just one clown itt...

1234 Last