Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I want to clarify something that I said in my above post.

Hedging on multiple wager tickets is a terrible play, just like I stated above.

That said, there are times where hedges are correct plays....see the following:

1. You have a live parlay and have one game left. Now remember, you need to be good at this and you absolutely need to be good at live betting. You realize (or believe that you realize) at some point that the team you need to win will not win, or will not cover, whatever the case may be. IN that case, given the correct odds, it MAY be a decent time to buy your way out of the wager. This could be the same with any play.

I cannot tell you how many times the team I have bet on is winning, BUT I see something in their play, or something in the way the game tracking, that tells me to get out. When doing this, make sure you are getting your best possible odds.

2. The second time it is acceptable to hedge is when you have made a futures bet. This is entirely different than a parlay and can be a fantastic time to get out of the bet. Example, I took Nishikori (after he beat Raonic) at 60 to 1 to win the US Open....the day he made the Finals I bet against him and cashed at 32 to 1. Now, I didn't do this when he was a huge dog in the semis, I waited until he was a pretty solid favourite and in the Finals, to get out.

The same thing applies to wagering on a series. When San Fran was down 2-1 in this year's World Series I placed $200 on them at +225 to win the Series. In this case I couldn't have used any other tool (like an open parlay) to get these same kind of odds, because I wasn't betting on them to sweep. In this scenario I am now thinking of reversing my position with KC +240 for another $200. This means I win either $250 or $280 with no risk and it is tempting....I still believe that San Fran wins it, but at the same time, with two games left, the cash in the hand seems quite tempting.

In my opinion this is very different than in a parlay format, because you can manipulate things and predict things. In the real world of parlays, if you keep finding yourself in this scenario, but less games in those parlays.

Just my two cents.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

When you have a parlay going as the games go on and you're thinking of hedging the end result will you be satisfied with what you have done, or not.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dollar if pregame offered you a job to sell your picks would you take it?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Dollar if pregame offered you a job to sell your picks would you take it?

Sure, but I would still post them here for nothing.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like an honest answer

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    wtf are you doing parlays for anyway? I can't imagine you are running into limits. If you pick winners, bet them all separately doubling or tripling your bets when you want. Parlays are only for guys to get by limit restrictions or don't have the cash to put down on each bet. If those don't apply, you should not be parlaying anything. Especially if you're hedging. Do some math and see how much you are losing doing that.
    my limit is $500 for a single bet.

i'm rolling with a 2 teamer now

$200 to win $550

i will not hedge this bet since it is a 2 teamer

Redskins +9.5
    Panthers ML

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    my limit is $500 for a single bet.

i'm rolling with a 2 teamer now

$200 to win $550

i will not hedge this bet since it is a 2 teamer

Redskins +9.5
    Panthers ML
    Like Bogey said....you should have bet $500 on the Skins and $500 on your other bet......you would be even already and not thinking about hedging.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Like Bogey said....you should have bet $500 on the Skins and $500 on your other bet......you would be even already and not thinking about hedging.
    obviously i dont ever hedge on a 2 team parlay lmao.

parlay has to be atleast 4 teams to consider hedging

First 12