Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Any other pros seeing reduced limits on major in play markets/overnights at Pinny?

Is anyone else seeing reduced limits on overnights or in play...I'm not talking standard circled games or openers.

I know I am limited on in play MLB but now am seeing it on NHL as well for overnights and intermissions. It really starts to impact the value of the line when you have to two or three bet, my live bets are moving NHL lines about 15 cents on average and overnights can be even more especially plus the limits make it pointless. Going back through my historicals years past I can they at least allowed 3k per and that was on totals, sides are always higher, puckline should be same as total.

Was gonna hit anaheim a third time but the first one moved it 16 cents then the second one pushed it all the way up to -120, value was gone by then.

nhl.jpg

Hope everyone is ready to start pounding away at NCAA hoops for $500 a pop.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

i dont max them, but i see live mlb max says 15k, and when i hover its closer to 3k...

Thought pinny didnt limit

Just Blaze

Those are circled games that will open once they have enough money to correct or balance the market...their traders cant really do that for live bets they have a general range of stock lines they deal and adjust slightly for situation....especially with mlb ie home team losing going to bottom 8th will be -180 on the run line spread.

Nhl this year one goal leads are equating to about -270 to -330 assuming no total garbage canadian team is involved in which case you see calgary leading chicago 1-0 end of the 2nd at -120. A lot of the totals this year they are adding a third goal in third periods and putting up lines like -270 +220 which is pointless to offer.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Blaze View Post
    Is anyone else seeing reduced limits on overnights or in play...I'm not talking standard circled games or openers.

I know I am limited on in play MLB but now am seeing it on NHL as well for overnights and intermissions. It really starts to impact the value of the line when you have to two or three bet, my live bets are moving NHL lines about 15 cents on average and overnights can be even more especially plus the limits make it pointless. Going back through my historicals years past I can they at least allowed 3k per and that was on totals, sides are always higher, puckline should be same as total.

Was gonna hit anaheim a third time but the first one moved it 16 cents then the second one pushed it all the way up to -120, value was gone by then.

nhl.jpg

pretty baller bet sizes.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    pretty baller bet sizes.
    He's the Floyd Mayweather of SBR.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Just Blaze View Post

nhl.jpg

Have you got a bet on for 300k at -9000 or something like that going on there?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Have you got a bet on for 300k at -9000 or something like that going on there?
    Looks like total wagered and total profit.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Looks like total wagered and total profit.
    Thought it was total at risk and potential profit.

Guy must have wanted someone to ask, leaving it in the screenshot.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

There are starting to be better ways to get down for American sports than pinnacle. Their Soccer offerings are still good though.

Just Blaze

The bottom is history for october...and generally on this forum when you ask questions related to limit betting 100 air bettors call you out so i figured might as well skip that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You got a remember pinnacle has lost a decent amount of liquidity the last two years

You're going to see them making adjustments even with juice

Just Blaze

FT on game day is business as usual, they are still up there with the Asians. Live is a different beast...once you understand the market and the correct perceived price in certain situations it can be a refresh war to get the +EV. Naturally it is also far more difficult to deal a live line to a sharp clientele which is reflected in the vig and limit. It is very tough to deal a live line solely based on algo's, I would assume the trader has a range and a couple other factors to price the market initially

Ask yourself why limits are lower for MLB and NHL vs NFL and Soccer. Do you think this is solely based on liquidity - or margins and profitability? They are not necessarily correlated.

This is seconds after availability...I only hit this 2x

nhl4.jpg

Optional

It sounds like they probably value your opinion more than most Blaze.

I doubt they would move 2 cents on a max bet from me. let alone more than 20.