daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Auburn/South Carolina is getting out of hand

Auburn -19? Spurrier backed into a corner isn't a good spot for the other team. Give me south Carolina here
    Last edited by daneblazer; 10-23-14 at 11:22 AM. Reason: *spread

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Wow, that sucks. I almost took Auburn -16.5 but decided to wait.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Just look where they are playing at. South Carolina has absolutely nothing to play for. With games against Tennessee at Florida, and South Alabama, they are guaranteed at least 6 wins and a bowl game. With 3 losses vs the SEC, they are out of the East title run.

Auburn still has games at Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama to contend with. They cannot allow a poor team like South Carolina to give them a close game at home. They must win and must win big, and that still may not be enough. Auburn is not a good road team, so 4 losses is certainly in the cards.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 10-23-14 at 12:14 PM.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Just look where they are playing at. South Carolina has absolutely nothing to play for. With games against Tennessee at Florida, and South Alabama, they are guaranteed at least 6 wins and a bowl game. With 3 losses vs the SEC, they are out of the East title run.

Auburn still has games at Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama to contend with. They cannot allow a poor team like South Carolina to give them a close game at home. They must win and must win big, and that still may not be enough. Auburn is not a good road team, so 4 losses is sertainoy in the cards.
    Chance to go on the road and knock off top 5 team. Nat'l TV/Primetime. Recruits watching. Yep, nothing to play for.

Didnt AU go to Manhattan & beat KSt? Lose a road game to MS St and now they are a bad road team.

Nobody is picking SCarolina to win but to cover 3 scores is not out of the realm. Their OL/running game good enough to play some ball control and keep it close enough to cover or it's a lot of points so back door cover is a real possibility.

Now go away you flea!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Chance to go on the road and knock off top 5 team. Nat'l TV/Primetime. Recruits watching. Yep, nothing to play for.

Didnt AU go to Manhattan & beat KSt? Lose a road game to MS St and now they are a bad road team.

Nobody is picking SCarolina to win but to cover 3 scores is not out of the realm. Their OL/running game good enough to play some ball control and keep it close enough to cover or it's a lot of points so back door cover is a real possibility.

Now go away you flea!
    Who are you trying to kid? If you really think that South Carolina, a team that was picked to win the SEC East and who lost at home to A&M by 24 points, just one of 3 loseses so far, has anything left to play for, you are a major loser. No one will bother watching this game once Auburn takes a two TD lead. As far as recruits go, they may be watching the Auburn team, but certainly NOT South Carolina, a team that simply cannot win SEC East titles. They have won 1 on over 10 years. That was a fluke when three teams tied for the SEC East title at 3 losses each, and South Carolina got the nod on some technicality.

Now if you learned how to read and actually comprehend what you are reading, you would notice that I never said to take either team. All I was doing is explaining why the line keeps going up. It makes perfect sense if you know anything about Vegas wagering, which you obviously do not. You sound like a SEC Homer. That would explain your lack of comprehension.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Auburn should shit on them but it's also a lookahead game with ole miss on deck.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Auburn should shit on them but it's also a lookahead game with ole miss on deck.
    There are 4-5 look ahead games every year for SEC teams because of the way the schedules are drawn up. Look ahead games mean nothing. It is just an excuse for the favorite if they should perform poorly or lose outright.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

My initial thoughts were exactly like the OP's. Looking a bit closer though I see that S Carolina's run defense is really bad, allowing 5.2 ypc. That's a lot. Auburn meanwhile is tough to stop on the ground, 5.6 ypc. These two figures don't bode well for the Gamecocks. The Tigers have dominated this series, 9-1 last 10. It is a tough SEC conference game but Auburn did pound LSU a few weeks back 41-7. Auburn should run it down S. Car's throat at will, and I don't think the Gamecocks have the tools to counter. All that said, I will not play either team, but rather sit and watch.
    Points Awarded:

luckyutah gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SilverTongueFox

Who are you trying to kid? If you really think that South Carolina, a team that was picked to win the SEC East and who lost at home to A&M by 24 points, just one of 3 loseses so far, has anything left to play for, you are a major loser. No one will bother watching this game once Auburn takes a two TD lead. As far as recruits go, they may be watching the Auburn team, but certainly NOT South Carolina, a team that simply cannot win SEC East titles. They have won 1 on over 10 years. That was a fluke when three teams tied for the SEC East title at 3 losses each, and South Carolina got the nod on some technicality.

Now if you learned how to read and actually comprehend what you are reading, you would notice that I never said to take either team. All I was doing is explaining why the line keeps going up. It makes perfect sense if you know anything about Vegas wagering, which you obviously do not. You sound like a SEC Homer. That would explain your lack of comprehension.
    We are discussing a game featuring 2 SEC teams. How does that make me a homer? Should I be talking about Stanford here? And you question my comprehension.

Yeah you are right. SCarolina has quit. They are going to AU and not even give effort. Don't care about getting blown. Nobody watches the ESPN Primetime game anyways. Don't be so stupid you flea. You talk like you've been at their practices, in their locker room. Bottom line you don't have a fukin clue. You don't have a fukin clue about their motivation or pride or moral heading into this game. Maybe they get blown out but not bc they believe they don't have anything to play for. They are competitors and they want to play hard and want to win. Every team does. Maybe they aren't capable but don't give me they "don't have anything to play for" bit. That makes you look like the loser.

You've not provided anything to this thread except act you are a fukin know-it-all. You got all this knowledge about college football, Vegas wagering yet your contribution is "SCarolina doesn't have anything to play for." And Line keeps going up bc AU needs to win and win big bc they have tough road games coming up and they are a bad road. Nice contribution you fukin flea. Get lost.
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 10-23-14 at 03:19 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not surprised by line on Auburn. South Carolina is not even playing for pride now. They won't even make a bowl game.

SilverTongueFox

Just ran into Spurrier on the 15th tee box and asked him "shouldnt you be preparing to play AU this weekend." He said to me with a straight face " Silvertonguefox this team is hopeless. They got no more pride. They got nothing to play for. They've just given up. So I decided to stop practice and just told the boys to meet me at the Jordan-Hare about 15min before kick. Heck I'd rather be playing golf anyways." Then as he walked off the tee he said, "Come Clemson we will be ready. Them and Georgia only two games that matter."

I'm dead serious. Honest truth

Ol Ball Coach has confirmed. BigDaddy knows his shit. Take notice SBR!!
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 10-23-14 at 03:36 PM.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

seems like too much

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

South CArolina is TRASH!!!!! Ole ball coach is a fukkin clueless old man in diapers who just coached there for the off season golf. Fukkin pitiful. Spurrier COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WINNING in this point in his career.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    South CArolina is TRASH!!!!! Ole ball coach is a fukkin clueless old man in diapers who just coached there for the off season golf. Fukkin pitiful. Spurrier COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WINNING in this point in his career.
    Those people in Athens GA and Clemson SC ain't buying.

He does love golf but he likes winning football games as well.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Those people in Athens GA and Clemson SC ain't buying.

He does love golf but he likes winning football games as well.
    Not anymore. His love for golf dwarfs any football passion he has.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Not anymore. His love for golf dwarfs any football passion he has.
    Absolutely he loves playing golf. He's softened with age and maybe doesn't throw the visor but he's a competitor and he wants to win. If you are watching that is evident on Saturdays.

plus there are 7/8 other coaches on that staff that care about winning and those are the staffers running practice, calling games etc.
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 10-23-14 at 04:14 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Don't forget spurrier is one of the worst 20 coaches in America

South Carolina program on the decline

Auburn is powerful

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

South Carolina finished top 10 for three straight seasons....down year unfortunately...lots of guys went pro last few years and SC can't just reload year after year like Bama

They'll be back next year competing for the East

As for this game, I like the points but Auburn could easily cover if they get out to a lead....I think South Carolina can score on offense but their D is lost

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

South cack hanging in

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

looks like a win

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

You are a fukin queen big daddy douche nozzle

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy is quietly the biggest mush in all of creation.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

can somebody nominate BigRacist as WOAT.

this fcking guy is the nutlow poster.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    You are a fukin queen big daddy douche nozzle
    He's a fukin knucklehead. Have not seen him mushin' any threads today. Never seen a bigger blow hard than that flea. He ain't got no sense.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet if someone looked up this guys previous posts there would be more bullshit per post than anyone on SBR. Incredible how he spent almost 10 lines in one post absolutely destroying himself. Godspeed QH

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha, good to see im not the only one who thinks BigRetard is a stone moron.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

South Carolina scores a TD on every drive.

Auburn #5.