konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Mets need to study how the Royals put together a team

Mets are similar to the Royal except for a stupid manager and Mets brass is the worse
    If the Mets take the Royals approach to baseball it ends up well
    Both teams have lock down closers enough for 3 or 4 innings (only Mets closer Mejia is a toilet)
    Mets can put out a field of young arms and Legs
    OF Lagarus Den Decker Nieuwenhuis all 3 could challenge for gold gloves if they play a whole year
    But instead Mets will play the garbage Free agents a worthless Granderson and Im sure they will
    replace C Young with more garbage
    Royals have a solid infield not hitting wise but the defense is excellent
    Mets need to dump Duda he can not catch a thrown ball or even worse try to field a ball hit.
    Duda holds the mlb record for flopping on his belly after a fail....he is the only 1b that misses thrown
    balls that DONT hit the ground replace Duda with Campbell you lose the HRs but gain a 280 hitting who
    could compete for a GG this guy can pick it at 1b
    Get Reyes for ss yeah I dont like the guy but there would be a chance for a trade if the Mets sent a good pitcher and Grandy for Reyes (reyes salary jumps from 13 to 22 mill the next 3) Mets would have to eat some of
    Granderbays contract or give 2 pitchers adding Mejia would seal the deal
    Mets have the worse manager in mlb history I have never seen worse 4 losing years with Mets a salary for
    a NY manager at 1.1 kind of says how bad he is/ Bckman won manager of the year PCL so Mets are duumping him this Dec .....we cant have someone wh isnt a puppet for the Mets brass
    Mets are cheap and stupid fuks so this wont happen...they will bring the fenses in which 100% kills the Mets
    but may help Granderbay hit 2 more hRs
    Mets pitching is playoff Mets brass is dumpster Mets probably end up 500 next year stopping the league 15
    wins because of Collins and the Mets brass

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You're to into this guy

Mets have verg good pitching

They are coming soon

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

they got alcides escobar and lorenzo cain for an expiring zach greinke pretty much

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Sounds like WFAN.
    Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave Bluehorseshoe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Nobody cares about the Mets bro...
    You wanna build a team you do so with pitching & defense PERIOD.

For me, you build a strong bullpen & you have two on base machines with speed @ the top of the order. The rest will fall into place.

1) Good starting pitching
    2) Good defense
    3) Good bullpen
    4) Two on base machines with speed starting things off
    5) See you in October

Figure it out GM's!!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

You build great teams up the middle. Catcher/pitching/middle infield/cf. if your best players fit here, your team can be very special. Of course these aren't the "power" positions, but your team needs to be very strong up the middle.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

it took a long long long long time for the Royals to build that team

you got that kind of patience?

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Sounds like WFAN.
    lol...was gonna say the same thing.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Jets will win before the Mets do.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Mets are like the Royals minus the talent. Nice call konck.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If the Mets had Herrera, Davis, and Holland, they would be just as good as the Royals.

Having a good bullpen seems to be paramount these days.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If the Mets had Herrera, Davis, and Holland, they would be just as good as the Royals.

Having a good bullpen seems to be paramount these days.
    Black Familia Parnell Edgy not to shabby the Closer Mejia suks but he closes because Collins is an idiot

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Jets will win before the Mets do.
    No they have the toe suking Rex Ryan

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They're going to be real good next season if the pitchers stay healthy....Throw a few of the extra arms in the pen as well

Need to add a real shortstop and play the right outfielders

Not a Mets fan at all but they are on the right track

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They're going to be real good next season if the pitchers stay healthy....Throw a few of the extra arms in the pen as well

Not really the pitching should make the playoffs its tops
    But bringing back Collins and bringing the fenses in to help Granderson hit 225 is really stupid those 2 will
    cost the Mets 15 wins so from elite to struggling to make the playoffs

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

And this was a pretty weak year for baseball. I wouldn't be getting all excited about KC as an organization yet. Need to see a hell of a lot more success than what's going on now.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets need to study how SF put together an organization

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Not really the pitching should make the playoffs its tops
    But bringing back Collins and bringing the fenses in to help Granderson hit 225 is really stupid those 2 will
    cost the Mets 15 wins so from elite to struggling to make the playoffs
    Seriously. I don't know what you expect Collins to do with this team. They're a below average hitting team at best!!

You think they should have gone to the World Series this year??

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

Yes of course we do the Mets brass is using the 20 yr plan

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Mets are similar to the Royal except for a stupid manager and Mets brass is the worse
    If the Mets take the Royals approach to baseball it ends up well
    Both teams have lock down closers enough for 3 or 4 innings (only Mets closer Mejia is a toilet)
    Mets can put out a field of young arms and Legs
    OF Lagarus Den Decker Nieuwenhuis all 3 could challenge for gold gloves if they play a whole year
    But instead Mets will play the garbage Free agents a worthless Granderson and Im sure they will
    replace C Young with more garbage
    Royals have a solid infield not hitting wise but the defense is excellent
    Mets need to dump Duda he can not catch a thrown ball or even worse try to field a ball hit.
    Duda holds the mlb record for flopping on his belly after a fail....he is the only 1b that misses thrown
    balls that DONT hit the ground replace Duda with Campbell you lose the HRs but gain a 280 hitting who
    could compete for a GG this guy can pick it at 1b
    Get Reyes for ss yeah I dont like the guy but there would be a chance for a trade if the Mets sent a good pitcher and Grandy for Reyes (reyes salary jumps from 13 to 22 mill the next 3) Mets would have to eat some of
    Granderbays contract or give 2 pitchers adding Mejia would seal the deal
    Mets have the worse manager in mlb history I have never seen worse 4 losing years with Mets a salary for
    a NY manager at 1.1 kind of says how bad he is/ Bckman won manager of the year PCL so Mets are duumping him this Dec .....we cant have someone wh isnt a puppet for the Mets brass
    Mets are cheap and stupid fuks so this wont happen...they will bring the fenses in which 100% kills the Mets
    but may help Granderbay hit 2 more hRs
    Mets pitching is playoff Mets brass is dumpster Mets probably end up 500 next year stopping the league 15
    wins because of Collins and the Mets brass
    Mets are similar to Royals??? You're still ranting about Collins and Granderson? I remember you shooting your mouth off and cursing me in the summer on how talented the Mets are and that they should be in playoffs but won't because of Collins. You are a delusional and frustrated Mets fan. The organization is dysfunctional like the Jets and won't win. Yes, they have very good young arms but the rest of the roster has no talent, can't blame Collins. Besides the Mets can never beat Atlanta or Washington and cannot see that happening next year. Backman?? What has he done? He's been a minor league manager for ever and if he was so good, why hasn't any team hired him? Got a chance in Arizona but he screwed that up. Don't compare the Mets to the Royals talent wise. BTW, I see your bet points are pretty low now!

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=Bluehorseshoe;22885289]Seriously. I don't know what you expect Collins to do with this team. They're a below average hitting team at best!!

You think they should have gone to the World Series this year??[/QUOTE
    The Mets pitching and defense with the right players on the field wins 90 games ez what ever we came up short from that was Collins.
    Look when you manage in NY its big money ....guy has been around going on 5 yrs and is one of the lowest paid in mlb

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Mets are similar to Royals??? You're still ranting about Collins and Granderson? I remember you shooting your mouth off and cursing me in the summer on how talented the Mets are and that they should be in playoffs but won't because of Collins. You are a delusional and frustrated Mets fan. The organization is dysfunctional like the Jets and won't win. Yes, they have very good young arms but the rest of the roster has no talent, can't blame Collins. Besides the Mets can never beat Atlanta or Washington and cannot see that happening next year. Backman?? What has he done? He's been a minor league manager for ever and if he was so good, why hasn't any team hired him? Got a chance in Arizona but he screwed that up. Don't compare the Mets to the Royals talent wise. BTW, I see your bet points are pretty low now!
    Mets have talent that my pt Grandy C Young and Collins killed that I stated before the season the Mets were A Holes in Free agents Grandys a 225 hitter at best 60 mill C Young hit 200 the yr before they got him and didnt break 235 in 4 yrs lol paid him 8 mill ,,,,we passed up Cruz for that
    As for the bet pts I just got a 100 card from target dik

Guys talking about bet pts cant find 100 to join SBR ....fukin loser
    Backman beat his wife twice and drinks
    Last edited by konck; 10-30-14 at 07:05 AM.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Mets have talent that my pt Grandy C Young and Collins killed that I stated before the season the Mets were A Holes in Free agents Grandys a 225 hitter at best 60 mill C Young hit 200 the yr before they got him and didnt break 235 in 4 yrs lol paid him 8 mill ,,,,we passed up Cruz for that
    As for the bet pts I just got a 100 card from target dik

Guys talking about bet pts cant find 100 to join SBR ....fukin loser
    Backman beat his wife twice and drinks
    Maybe you can use that gift card to buy the Mets '69 World Series DVD. That may be the last time you see them win one and maybe buy a few Met posters you can hang on your walls in your bedroom and fantasize......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Whats crazy is how good the Royals bullpen was and they lost one of their best relievers to injury in spring training Luke Hocheaver.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Royals one hit wonder??

StayGolden
    Gonna start a revolution from my bed
    StayGolden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

The Royals are a model not worth following.

Suck for 30 years... amass top 5 picks every year, wait 6 years for them to reach their potential, have a window of 1-2 years, and watch all your talent leave for LA/NY/CHI

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by StayGolden View Post
    The Royals are a model not worth following.

Suck for 30 years... amass top 5 picks every year, wait 6 years for them to reach their potential, have a window of 1-2 years, and watch all your talent leave for LA/NY/CHI
    Big Game James might leave.

Luckily for the Royals i think they got Duffy and Ventura locked up on cheap contracts.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Just give it up dude. They wont win shit as long as the current management is in power.

"Whats that you say, Joe Maddon is available? What do we need to talk to him for? We got Terry penetrating Collins!"

Mark88
    Mark88's Avatar Become A Pro!

My God!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Why didn't I place a future????

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

every says pitching wins

clutch hitting wins

look at what cards did to one of best pitchers in mlb history on 2 occassions

why?

because there are no holes in lineup

anyone from 1-9 can come up with a huge rbi, huge single, double, etc.

line keeps moving. assembly line.

not always about pitching

otherwise dodgers would be in the world series right now.

what about tigers. scherzer price verlander sanchez all on one team.

clutch hitting and defense and high iq baseball wins rings.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Well good pitching wins if the good pitching pitches good. Ask Madison Bumgarner.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well good pitching wins if the good pitching pitches good. Ask Madison Bumgarner.
    The Royals weren't anywhere near the offensive team last year that they are this year. They added three all-star caliber players and all their young guys got much better in the offeseason as far as hitting. They basically switched Infante with Zobriest -- huge upgrade. They switched Butler with Morales -- another massive upgrade. And I don't know who they switched Rios with -- but whoever it was, another huge upgrade to the offense. If they played Bumgarner again in the world series, he would give up at least 4 runs a game to the royals.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The Royals weren't anywhere near the offensive team last year that they are this year. They added three all-star caliber players and all their young guys got much better in the offeseason as far as hitting. They basically switched Infante with Zobriest -- huge upgrade. They switched Butler with Morales -- another massive upgrade. And I don't know who they switched Rios with -- but whoever it was, another huge upgrade to the offense. If they played Bumgarner again in the world series, he would give up at least 4 runs a game to the royals.
    Ya ya ya, the Royals SWEPT through the American league, but couldn't beat a top notch pitcher. Pitching is what's it's all about. You will learn eventually, son.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Ya ya ya, the Royals SWEPT through the American league, but couldn't beat a top notch pitcher. Pitching is what's it's all about. You will learn eventually, son.
    Yeah that's why Cards won both their recent ships with great hitting. Any pitcher can look great on a given day. Look at estrada. Any pitcher -- even one of the best of all time -- can look bad against the right hitters. See Kershaw vs. Cards b2b years.

I am one of the only people here that has this mind set, which means chances are I'm right.

12 Last