daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sorry haters, it's time to pound Florida State

Like 70% of the public on Notre Dame. FSU getting players back. Can Notre Dame handle the humidity and gnats? Line at -9...ready...aim...unload

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Humidity? It's October, not July. Weather in Tally is 60 and dry. If Notre Dame doesn't turn the ball over, they'll have a shot at winning this game. If they do, the Noles run away with it. Plain and simple. Problem is turnovers are impossible to predict, which is why this game is impossible to predict.

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Brian Kelley > Charlie Weiss

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by mintpicks79 View Post
    Brian Kelley > Charlie Weiss
    Price of eggs in China < Price of eggs here

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

biddy_24
    biddy_24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck with the Seminoles!!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Noles smoke 'em.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jameis will lay an egg here. He is about to be charged with sexual assault and improper use of his signature.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Espn helps manufacture the Jameis hate. Then the witch hunt begins. He should have been suspended for crab legs but that's it.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 10-17-14 at 08:20 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think it should be a close game Notre Dame does not have a slouch quarterback

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Nd wins

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think it should be a close game Notre Dame does not have a slouch quarterback
    Thats all folks. 38-17 FSU

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

This just in... Renowned football expert Lou Holtz has declared Notre Dame to be the victor in this contest. He said he has known since week two. He believes there is a O line and D line advantage. He also believes the Irish will be able to run the ball where Florida State will not. He does not believe it is even an upset as ND should be a heavy favorite.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Espn helps manufacture the Jameis hate. Then the witch hunt begins. He should have been suspended for crab legs but that's it.
    I can't back this statement. If it wasn't for a botched investigation. Dude would probably be doing time instead of headlining college football games. There was more than enough dna evidence (evidence that now is useless to any future criminal case due to said botched investigation) to convict anyone who isn't a local star football player in that sexual assualt case. Now comes the slap on the wrist he will get for it. He should be thanking the heavens for his future millions in the NFL instead of his minimum wage job at mcdonalds.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 10-17-14 at 08:37 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    I can't back this statement. If it wasn't for a botched investigation. Dude would probably be doing time instead of headlining college football games. There was more than enough dna evidence (evidence that now is useless to any future case due to said botched investigation) to convict anyone who isn't a local star football player in that sexual assualt case.
    Girls story had so many holes, it'd never stand in court. Was a member of the cleat chasers...some group of girls who brag about banging football players. When all this happened, Jameis was a nobody. Just a red shirt. Media seems to leave all that out though.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

FSU kicked Greg Reid off the team, who was a 5* player. Also suspended Matthew Thomas, a 5 star, this year. Could list more. We tend to forget about that since it's not as interesting.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Jameis , 5 td, 400 yds. Against ND. And who is the number 1 in the nation baby?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Like 70% of the public on Notre Dame. FSU getting players back. Can Notre Dame handle the humidity and gnats? Line at -9...ready...aim...unload
    i wanted to put it in a parlay but 5Dimes wouldnt allow it.

i like this FSU in this game but i dont want go big enough on it to make it a straight bet.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    This just in... Renowned football expert Lou Holtz has declared Notre Dame to be the victor in this contest. He said he has known since week two. He believes there is a O line and D line advantage. He also believes the Irish will be able to run the ball where Florida State will not. He does not believe it is even an upset as ND should be a heavy favorite.

Lou is sharp, but not the heavy fav shit. Irish traveling to seminole land. I have + 10 and I got a feeling I'll be sweating that.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Humidity? It's October, not July. Weather in Tally is 60 and dry. If Notre Dame doesn't turn the ball over, they'll have a shot at winning this game. If they do, the Noles run away with it. Plain and simple. Problem is turnovers are impossible to predict, which is why this game is impossible to predict.
    Yeah I live in Miami beach and the weather today is beautiful not humid or hot at all . I have to imagine 6+ hours North its going to be nice and cool

Kingsy
    Kingsy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

LOL at the misinformation in this thread. Read the police report. Also, Winston was suspended multiple games from the baseball team for the crab leg hookup, and was suspended for the most important game of the year (can't win the division w/o that one) for mocking a popular internet meme. Anyone who has ever lived in Tallahassee knows TPD is 2x harder on students than the avg citizen and 3x harder on student athletes. Most of my friends in other big schools were playing beer pong in their dorm rooms and getting away with anything, while TPD was sending their "party patrol" to off-campus apartments to break up parties and lock up kids for underage drinking. See the cases involving Travis Johnson incident, or Peter Warrick and Lavernius Coles, Greg Reid, Greg Dent, Jesus Wilson, etc, etc.

Back to the game.. I may be a bit biased, but I did post in a "FSU -24 vs Syracuse bet of the year" to avoid FSU in that one. However, in this game, FSU gets back LB Matthew Thomas (#7), who has the potential to be an absolute beast. He was the #6 recruit nationally two years back. He has the potential to change everything and fills a huge void FSU has had the entire year. He replaces Northrup, who is decent against the run, but awful in pass coverage or getting after the qb. Thomas could make things very tough on Golson. Also, all reports out of Tallahassee are the team had its best week of practice all year, and may finally be getting locked in. The media is making it an "us against the world" type of thing, which is pretty similar to the attitude last years team had when the talk was constantly about the strength of schedule (can't help it if Miami and Florida suck). I'm not telling you to put your $ on FSU, but I'd be very weary of taking ND in this one. The talent level of the two teams isn't as close as you'll be led to believe. There's a reason the line was FSU -24 before the season began. If FSU plays up to their potential, and my money would be on this week for them to do it (The D did against Clemson, but they were handicapped with the backup qb in). I'm taking FSU, but buying it down to 9.5 if it stays at 10 on my book.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Love FSU here.

Let's hit this, Dane

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Probably the only play on this game. Irish golden domes blinding most bettors.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Domers blow ass.

Overrated.

Fruitcake fans.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post

Lou is sharp, but not the heavy fav shit. Irish traveling to seminole land. I have + 10 and I got a feeling I'll be sweating that.
    Lou Holtz is far from sharp...he picks ND to win every game they play

How is that sharp?? and he picked them a couple years ago to beat Alabama for the championship...dude is a turd

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dogs will win today so lean that way

More than 80% will be dogs

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by cala56 View Post
    Jameis , 5 td, 400 yds. Against ND. And who is the number 1 in the nation baby?
    that would be Miss. State.. And very rightly so, i might add

navyblue81

If Notre Dame doesn't turn it over, they may win this game. This is not the same Florida State team from last year....not even close. They almost lost to a shitty NC State team, Syracuse moved the ball on them pretty well last week and they struggled 2 weeks ago to take a halftime lead into the locker room with Wake Forest.

Notre Dame is a very good team when they don't turn it over, however, the last 3 weeks they've dominated their opponents but had to play hard to the end because they were turning it over. I was really impressed with ND's game with Stanford because of the way they moved it against a top notch defense. They can play offense and can score on a suspect FSU defense. The question once again, though, is can they prevent turning it over?

Toughest game on the board, IMO. Staying away. I think the Irish keep it close, but anyone who says they're confident about a pick either way hasn't been watching a lot of college football this year.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

im actually surprised so many people love notre dame here

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    im actually surprised so many people love notre dame here
    I think it's more they don't like FSU.....the Noles have been lousy A-T-S this year and have looked extremely shaky against some bad teams. Hell, I know FSU fans who think they're going to struggle.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post

I hope this was a joke

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate fruitcake... /shudder.

This one feels like a statement game for FSU, no play for me on either side good luck.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Lou Holtz is far from sharp...he picks ND to win every game they play

How is that sharp?? and he picked them a couple years ago to beat Alabama for the championship...dude is a turd

There's a sign on gameday that says "Lou Holtz splash zone"

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Article in the Tallahassee Democrat today saying the local Golden Corals have hired extra staff and expanded buffets in anticipation of the extra Notre Dame fans in town.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I think it's more they don't like FSU.....the Noles have been lousy A-T-S this year and have looked extremely shaky against some bad teams. Hell, I know FSU fans who think they're going to struggle.
    hard to say what fsu is imo. really dont think how they look against teams they are far superior than is a very good measuring stick. this team knows all they have to do is survive and advance, go undefeated and doesnt matter how they look. pretty easy for kids in that spot to coast when they see they 3+ td favs damn near every week. no doubt it been a great bet going against them in these spots but it uncomfortable doing it most weeks cause you know if they so desire they name the score. dont think motivation and effort will be a issue tonight with all the love the always over hyped irish getting..

1234 ... Last