STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Giants win game one. Bumgarner is one clutch mofo. I love his demeaner. Quiet for the most part but you dont wanna piss him off. Legit question.. Who would you take on your team right now... Kershaw or MadBum?

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    I think the Giants win game one. Bumgarner is one clutch mofo. I love his demeaner. Quiet for the most part but you dont wanna piss him off. Legit question.. Who would you take on your team right now... Kershaw or MadBum?
    Agreed

after looking at everything I'm going with them for game 1 as well

As for your question....it's tough but I guess I would ride it out with Kershaw. Have to think he figures out the playoffs one day

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Gm1 gonna be HUGE and possibly make or break for either squad. Giants starting staff outside of Madbum is pretty disgusting really. They cannot afford to lose any of his starts particularly the 1st! Long layoff here which is complete b.s. but these assholes who run sports these days don't care it's all about business. A loss in gm 1 tho for KC would definitely cool off their hot streak and could put some doubt and fear in a team with no experience. Frisco loses gm 1 and while they have experience to not get in panic mode the rest of that sad excuse for a starting staff should cause great worry vs a red hot KC team. Lean Frisco Tuesday night! Shields is good but overrated I think once again Medium gm James gets hit in postseason and Madbum counters with a solid performance.

illini
    illini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

tough to fade the Royals but I like Giants game 1

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Agreed

after looking at everything I'm going with them for game 1 as well

As for your question....it's tough but I guess I would ride it out with Kershaw. Have to think he figures out the playoffs one day
    Yeah, I think he will too, but there are some guys who just pitch their best when the pressure is on, and there are some guys who don't. We already know MadBum is a gamer, we don't know that about Kershaw. And it ain't like MadBum is a bum in the regular season, he probably finishes 2nd or 3rd for the Cy Young this year. And he can win you a game with his bat too. Legit question again, has MadBum peaked as a professional yet? Has Kershaw?

Gun to my head right now, I take MadBum

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15274

KC for me. Speed and defense is going to be the difference.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    KC for me. Speed and defense is going to be the difference.
    Good tactical managing can neutralize a team like KC. This series will be all small ball... Bruce Bochey is the king of small ball, and I think he is licking his chops behind that pokerface of his... and you think Buster Posey is gonna let KC run wild? Lefty Bumgarner will keep em close on the base paths... and Peavy and Hudson are right handed veterans, maybe KC can rattle Vogelsong in game 4... might be too late by then. Giants might be up 3-0 by then.

Put 10 units on San Fran to win series, 10 units on SF each game MadBum starts, and 5 units on the under for every game in the series... can't see how you lose money doing this

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't think anyone's brought up the fatigue factor for Bumgarner. This will be his fifth post-season start already and he was not as sharp vs. the Cardinals last time out as he was in his first three playoffs starts, which could have all been scoreless if not for his own throwing error vs. Washington. And he is taking this start on normal four days rest when he probably could have used a couple of extra days off. Meanwhile Shields going on 10 days rest.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I don't think anyone's brought up the fatigue factor for Bumgarner. This will be his fifth post-season start already and he was not as sharp vs. the Cardinals last time out as he was in his first three playoffs starts, which could have all been scoreless if not for his own throwing error vs. Washington. And he is taking this start on normal four days rest when he probably could have used a couple of extra days off. Meanwhile Shields going on 10 days rest.
    Crap I mentioned it is Post #14 on Page 1, I have to remember what thread I am in.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Not overly concerned with Bummy LT this long layoff has benefited SF more than KC I believe. He's young and has got some rest here with the layoff and I think he will be fine. Like I said upstairs this gm 1 is gonna be so crucial to this series. Both teams been hot but I think the layoff hurts the inexperienced KC team more having more time to sit around and think about it.Bol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Big Lame James hahaha nice start! Go Giants

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Im going to crawl in a hole if the giants win this series. Hate the giants.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Team that wins game one is like 75% to win the world series. Thankfully it was little game james tonight. Bumgarner is showing Shields what a big game, world series pitcher is all about.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    Team that wins game one is like 75% to win the world series. Thankfully it was little game james tonight. Bumgarner is showing Shields what a big game, world series pitcher is all about.
    The last two years, the only team to lose game one and came back to win the series is Boston over Detroit.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah Shields overrated like I said and Giants cannot lose a Madbum gm this series. I think Ventura will get smacked around a bit too next gm and Kc really does not have that #1 true ace teams are gonna fear. But after Bummy SF starters go downhill in stock quite a bit themselves!

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah Shields overrated like I said and Giants cannot lose a Madbum gm this series. I think Ventura will get smacked around a bit too next gm and Kc really does not have that #1 true ace teams are gonna fear. But after Bummy SF starters go downhill in stock quite a bit themselves!
    Royals will head to San Fran with Guthrie and Vargas for three and four. Guthrie? Lol! Entire series will come down to tomorrow night. If Ventura can handle the big stage, and win that game? Then I think it could be a series.

But if it happens like you think, then the series is over. No way does Guthrie win a pressure game three with them down 2-0.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well gm 2 is crucial if Frisco goes up 2-0 it's over I think. But tonight was really a pivotal make or break gm even though it's gm 1. Losing a Bummy start with the rest of that sorry staff behind him and keeping the Royals on a high be bad a bit rough for SF. If they hang on tonight though the Royals come back to earth and gonna start feeling 29 years of pressure on their shoulders vs an experienced opponent whos style is suited for Oct ball. Sorry but O's and Halos just not built or play a style suited to win this time of year. The sweeps were very impressive but winning those 2 series not so much.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

this is over your a winner sir.

First 12