MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

All the Notre Dame Hatin goin on ??

I know the college game is a lot more heart and emotions and its truly difficult to measure 2 or more teams that play in different conferences, have no common opponents and play cupcakes or FCS teams, but I'm floored by the general media's demeanor in analyzing Notre Dames rankings.

Sunday morning - ESPN has a live over-the-phone interview with Brian Kelly.
    Kelly does a lot of coach speak .. "tough schedule..... see were the chips fall", etc, etc. ..... After which Keyshon Johnson points out "tough schedule?, I see Northwestern & Navy on the schedule" as he rolls his eyes.

OK, 1st I have never seen Keyshon as a very insightful commentator on his best day, but I don't know what his bias is based on. His alma matter USC has played Fresno State & Boston College not too different then ND's schedule.

The week before, Kirk Herbstreit said he's still not convinced by Notre Dames "body of work"
    Granted Kirk can routinely be caught sucking the balls of any SEC team, at any time, but still he's ESPN's go to guy and he just gives no respect regardless of what the facts show

The number 1 team in the county Mississippi State has played:
    Southern Miss (2-4) .... UAB - confr USA (4-2) ... South Alabama - Sunbelt (3-2) and they still have UT Martin slated in week 9

Florida State has played Citadel, Wake Forrest and Syracuse.

Gee Herb are you impressed by THAT body of work?

These college pre & post game shows are getting harder to watch with these bonehead commentators

I'm not looking for any mainstream commentator to be pro or con any school 100% of he time but these guys are just hating on the #6 undefeated, non FCS playing Fighting Irish

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen. Now go on back.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Unc is sneaky good on offense so the 43 pts doesn't concern me too much. If nd wants respect it can get it on sat in Tallahassee.

I'm on nd +11.5 but straight up I like fsu

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

"Granted Kirk (Herbstreit) can routinely be caught sucking the balls of any SEC team"

OSU is not nor ever been in the SEC

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-18-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ND and Flor St would lose 4 games in SEC

GAME OVER

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

GAME OVER
    I would agree with this easy

jjgold

Notre Dame would actually struggle to win any game in the SEC

homie1975

GAME OVER
    Not last yr when fsu beat sec champ in title gm

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

This...whatever. The whole board is like Herbstreit. Get off the SECs nuts - everyone. Yes it's a good conference but come on.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen. Now go on back.
    Rudy!. . .Rudy!. . .Rudy!

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I made a thread last week about the fact Notre Dame would struggle with NC. That was a sandwich of a game if I ever saw one. It's one thing to tell your players to stay focused....but we all know it never happens. When you play against the #1 defense in football one week, have the #1 team in the country in 2 weeks, that game in between gets lost in the shuffle. If Notre Dame played UNC a month ago, they blow them out of the water. They looked flat compared to their other games, but they woke up when it mattered. But that was a dangerous "sandwich" style game.

If you don't give Brian Kelly praise for what he's done this year with that team, then you're an idiot. That team lost 4 starters to suspension (including an All-American WR and DB) and is playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores everywhere, particularly at WR and RB, and their qb wasn't even on any team last year, and they're playing unbelievable football. People doubted they would even make a New Year's bowl this year. While I don't think they'll make it to the playoff, that team is going to be scary good next year and the following with that good a young class.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

navyblue81

SEC West? Yes. SEC East? Heck no. They would beat most of the teams in that division with the exception of maybe Georgia...but their defensive styles matches up well with Georgia so they may even beat them. You give the SEC East way too much credit. They are not that good.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Not last yr when fsu beat sec champ in title gm
    And what if Florida State had had 7-8 games (as the SEC does) like they did against Auburn last year? they would lose 3-4 of them easy

What if that game was held in Auburn, if they were at Alabama, or at LSU, or at Texas A&M, or at Georgia, etc etc.... They were getting blown out early on in that game, and it took a miraculous kick return, refs calling pass interferences, etc etc etc for them to come back by a hair

Don't get me wrong, last year's FSU team was good, but no way would go undefeated in the SEC. Their most legitimate win last season was against an 8 loss Florida team who lost to Georgia Southern

This year's Florida State team would have 6-8 losses if they were in the SEC
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 10-13-14 at 02:53 PM.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    And what if Florida State had had 7-8 games (as the SEC does) like they did against Auburn last year? they would lose 3-4 of them easy

What if that game was held in Auburn, if they were at Alabama, or at LSU, or at Texas A&M, or at Georgia, etc etc.... They were getting blown out early on in that game, and it took a miraculous kick return, refs calling pass interferences, etc etc etc for them to come back by a hair

Don't get me wrong, last year's FSU team was good, but no way would go undefeated in the SEC. Their most legitimate win last season was against an 8 loss Florida team who lost to Georgia Southern

This year's Florida State team would have 6-8 losses if they were in the SEC
    I actually think FSU would have done well in the SEC last year. It was a down year for the conference and the Noles were a much better team last year. This is no where the same FSU team as last year. Their defense would get shredded by Miss. State, Ole Miss and Auburn. Just look what a crappy team in N.C. State did to the FSU defense.

MTek

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    "Granted Kirk (Herbstreit) can routinely be caught sucking the balls of any SEC team"

OSU is not nor ever been in the SEC
    even tho he's OSU alum he's an SEC douchbag. Watch game day he can't go 3seconds without praising some irrelevant SEC crap

MTek

only if every game was held in an SEC stadium because no one in the SEC travels.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Nuff said

Russinat
    Russinat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5809

Comical. The SEC is down this year after losing all the QBs from last year. Murray, Mettenberg, AJ, Shaw etc were major steps above most of the QBs this year.

No way Miss St or Ole Miss would be at their current level if the SEC wasn't down. And there is a reason FSU has won 22 straight...it's called getting 4 and 5 star recruits across the board.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Look at what ECU did to UNC and then look at Notre Dame

There's your answer

MTek

Sandwhich game between Stanford and FSU. 3ND turnovers turned into points
    game wasn't that close
    your clueless

BTW. Good luck to your dogs against Charleston Southern next month. SEC SEC SEC !!!
    Last edited by MTek; 10-13-14 at 10:49 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Sand which game between Stanford and FSU. 3ND turnovers turned into points
    game wasn't that close
    your clueless
    Clueless? LOL

The schedule is a fukkin sham, like always

Rice- Awful
    Michigan-Awful
    Purdue-Awful
    Syracuse-Awful
    UNC-Awful

OK they beat a solid Stanford team at home on a last second 4th down conversion....Fukkin congrats man

They are a fraud as always

Bump this thread in December and we'll see who's clueless

MTek

Troy
    vandy
    Charlston southern
    youve got to be kidding me. Troy? Troy? Really?

at least Michigan Perdue and cuse are actual full fledged collage programs
    isnt Charlston southern a community college?

theyll finish above MOST of the SEC if not the top spot

stop drinking the coolaid
    Last edited by MTek; 10-13-14 at 10:59 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Troy
    vandy
    Charlston southern
    youve got to be kidding me. Troy? Troy? Really?

theyll finish above MOST of the SEC if not the top spot

stop drinking the coolaid
    Notre Dame is an OK team.....good coaching and good QB...Not nearly enough real athletes to hang with the big dogs of college football

They are a Big Ten type team

They can rack up wins against garbage teams and cry about being underrated

MTek

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Notre Dame is an OK team.....good coaching and good QB...Not nearly enough real athletes to hang with the big dogs of college football

They are a Big Ten type team

They can rack up wins against garbage teams and cry about being underrated
    I live in the big 10 region. Ironically through the 80's, 90' and early 2000's I had this same conversation with the locals, that ND couldn't hang with Big 10 teams and ND beats them regularly .....and here we are decades later having a debate that ND cant hang with SEC teams.

Facts are facts, ND is relevant, has been for a long long time, aside from some down years (Charlie Weiss/Ty Willingham) They play a respectable schedule, play all conferences - ACC, Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12 and never, ever play FCS teams, they travel from coast to coast and routinely go into hostile environments, and are still consistently in the hunt down the stretch

"Garbage teams" is all in the perspective of the beholder. No one knew Michigan was going to be as bad as they are this year, just like no one knew LSU were going to be as bad as they are this year. Playing Rice is no less respectable then playing Vanderbuilt, there are plenty of top 15 teams that don't deserve to be there based on their body of work

Everyone be hatin ......no one looking in the mirror
    Last edited by MTek; 10-14-14 at 09:25 AM.

homie1975

This is one of the fastest Notre Dame teams in terms of perimeter speed that I have seen in 30 yrs. Only exception might be 87 or 88 when they had Tim brown then rocket ismail

jjgold

They have one of worst defenses in the country

Florida State will have a field day

navyblue81

They have one of worst defenses in the country

Florida State will have a field day
    They were one of the best in the country up until last week, and I warned people last week not to judge ND based on the UNC game because they would be super flat coming off a huge win vs. Stanford and then the FSU game one week away. I think their defense is decent, but not great. But I also think FSU's defense has some serious holes in it that the Irish can exploit. ND has the same type of speed NC State had and the Noles couldn't stop them.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    They were one of the best in the country up until last week, and I warned people last week not to judge ND based on the UNC game because they would be super flat coming off a huge win vs. Stanford and then the FSU game one week away. I think their defense is decent, but not great. But I also think FSU's defense has some serious holes in it that the Irish can exploit. ND has the same type of speed NC State had and the Noles couldn't stop them.
    I think it comes down to Golson not making turnovers he has last few weeks.

jjgold

What's the total on this game?

How does it stay under

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    I think it comes down to Golson not making turnovers he has last few weeks.
    Very true. 21 of UNC's 43 points came from Golson himself. 12 turnovers the last 3 weeks (fumbles + INTs combined). If he can't hang on to the football, the Irish will get blown out.

Given the fact UNC's got a pretty good offense and Golson handed them half of their points, the D really didn't play that bad.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Why do they even let you post in here? Nobody is as stupid as you when it comes to College Football. Just who is so superior in the SEC? Alabama? Too slow. The Mississippi's? Really? Just who have they played outside the SEC? Onoy Georgia has a decent win against a non-con power 5 team. Notre Dame would kick 90% of te SEC team's tails. You are just another SEC homer that does not know caca about College Football. Oregon would kick any SEC's teams tail, as would 3 to 4 other teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

OP how stupid are you to make this thread? What did you expect? Every sec nutswinger is going to sit there and say," if ND played in the sec theyd be a 4 loss team" Even though we all know that isnt the case.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I live in the big 10 region. Ironically through the 80's, 90' and early 2000's I had this same conversation with the locals, that ND couldn't hang with Big 10 teams and ND beats them regularly .....and here we are decades later having a debate that ND cant hang with SEC teams.

Facts are facts, ND is relevant, has been for a long long time, aside from some down years (Charlie Weiss/Ty Willingham) They play a respectable schedule, play all conferences - ACC, Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12 and never, ever play FCS teams, they travel from coast to coast and routinely go into hostile environments, and are still consistently in the hunt down the stretch

"Garbage teams" is all in the perspective of the beholder. No one knew Michigan was going to be as bad as they are this year, just like no one knew LSU were going to be as bad as they are this year. Playing Rice is no less respectable then playing Vanderbuilt, there are plenty of top 15 teams that don't deserve to be there based on their body of work

Everyone be hatin ......no one looking in the mirror
    Their schedule this season has been garbage so far, just the facts and the way it's turned out.....Only semi-tough game was home against Stanford, a game they are very fortunate to have pulled out in the end

Like I said, we will see where they are when all is said and done

I like their QB and coach like I said, they run a solid program....But they aren't that good, they just aren't

You can knock a middle of the road SEC team like LSU this season but I'd like to see Notre Dame walk into Death Valley under the lights this year.....What would the spread be of this game you guys think?

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    But they aren't that good, they just aren't

and yet they have produced more NFL talent than MSU in nearly every year of the programs existence.

tards, do you even brains?

12 Last