JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Ultimatum Game SBR style

Let's say SBR generously offers you 100,000 betpoints with a catch. The catch is... you have to give a portion of the 100K points to another person at SBR. SBR will choose this other person. If the other person rejects your offer neither of you will receive anything. To make things more interesting SBR is going to choose someone that they think(or know) that you are not fond of. You won't find out who SBR chose until the deal is done and the person chosen won't find out who you are until the deal is done. There will be no haggling. You choose 1 amount 1 time only. How much of the 100K in points would you offer this other person? Keep in mind that if they reject your offer neither of you will receive anything. Any questions?
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 10-07-14 at 07:06 PM.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Saloon

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

this

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I missed this earlier -- I'm gonna play, for real.

I'd offer 1 betpoint... I'm NOT kidding.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

interesting, galt is a deep thinker

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    interesting, galt is a deep thinker
    Yes, though the Ultimate Game's genesis is rooted in economics... I willfully chose to play it in an existential/philosophical manner (making my 1pt offer not only valid, but rational as well).

Galt is a sneaky fukk and the closest thing we have on SBR to a social scientist (now that tt has left); therefore, I will NOT kowtow to his whimsical machinations and fall prey to the obvious economic considerations he so hoped for.

All the way up with a red hot poker, Galt!
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 12-04-14 at 11:58 PM.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Yes, though the Ultimate Game's genesis is rooted in economics... I willfully chose to play it in an existential/philosophical manner (making my 1pt offer not only valid, but rational as well).

Galt is a sneaky fukk and the closest thing we have on SBR to a social scientist (now that tt has left); therefore, I will NOT kowtow to his whimsical machinations and fall prey to the obvious economic considerations he so hoped for.

All the way up with a red hot poker, Galt!
    Despite you describing me as "perspicacious" I have no idea what the picture above me is supposed to mean. Although that does look like a young Robby Benson. What movie is that from?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Despite you describing me as "perspicacious" I have no idea what the picture above me is supposed to mean. Although that does look like a young Robby Benson. What movie is that from?

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Thanks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Halt no time for this

Common and pick a winner

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

1. Great find, Rocketeer! ^^... I saw that flick years ago on VHS with a very special gal, that in retrospect, I should've stayed with and probably should have married (as the woman I eventually got engaged to split on me a few months before the wedding... and later died). Never understood the peeps that claim "I have no regrets!" about their lives, as I've got my fair share of them. Anyway, that decent-but-not-great Benson movie reminds me of her and always warms my heart. Oh well, as Vonnegut astutely noted: "So it goes."
    http://www.avclub.com/article/15-thi...anyone-el-1858

2. Not a winner, per se, but a winning TIP for you, jj

(click for happiness ^^)

Because my buddy Galt is easily Top 10 % Sagaciousness on SBR, he deserves further elaboration: The variable(s) introduced by Galt into the UG is/are a game-changer: Because 100k on SBR is merely ~$4700 in delectable pizza (see 4uk4life), I can easily forgo any and all of that sum so that one of the few people I truly dislike on SBR get... *wait for it*... ZIPPO (making my 1pt offer rational as it would guarantee it gets turned down while simultaneously sending the unmistakeable message: "I think you're a flaming douche and I just really really want you to know it." IOW, ensuring the assclown gets nada is worth more to me than any % split of 4700.

Now, if the variable was changed to someone I really liked, I would actually offer a 49/51 split (I get the 49%) as a friendship gesture while ensuring acceptance (not so much more that the friend would feel weird about taking it). The added benefit, too, would be that GUMMO77 would still have ~$2350 (after Ebay giftcard conversion) for that RealDoll down payment he's been jonesin' for.

And finally, obviously if the 100k was actual cash but the SBR variable still existed, I would try my damnedest to figure out the very least I could offer the assclown so that he'd accept; while if the variable was changed to someone I liked, I would offer 50/50 (unless it was steve175, who I do like but I'd still lowball the fukk out of him anyway).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket, and JohnGalt2341

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I would give 51%