Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

As bad as pulling Sanchez was, sending Miggy was far worse

Sanchez was dealing but why on earth do you wave Miggy home with NOBODY OUT. You're looking at 2nd and 3rd nobody out. Fly ball/Ground ball and another fly ball score 2 more runs...and not that they will publicly say this but they are well aware of their pen issues and adding on runs there was essential.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the fact that they brought in a starter who made one appearance in like 2 months to pitch should let you know that they know their pen sucks, then they somehow go to them to start the 8th inning for no real reason

i agree that clark shouldnt be left off the hook either, a no brainer to hold him in that spot

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

What was the worst was sending whoever it was in the 8th inning of game 1 when they were down 2 fukkin runs anyways and you had Miggy on deck and they lined into that double play. Made asolutely no sense whatsoever. Then miggy gets up and hits a solo shot no waiting. You know you have an awful guy managing your team in that very situation.
    The tigers are just awful for the playoffs, I still don't get how they win games during the regular season with that bag of shit team they have.
    I said it at the beginning of the year they made ZERO good moves for the bullpen so they will fail yet again.
    Joe Nathan, Jabba the hutt chamberlain. Get real.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18912

Clark made a mistake on the field in a matter of seconds. Ausmas had time to think about pulling Sanchez.
    Both wrong, but most of this is on Ausmas.

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

As a third base coach with the play in front of you and knowing who is running you made an out at the plate by 10 feet. There was literally no situation you were waving miggy short of an outfielder booting a gapper. There was no split second decision, it was made before the first swing...know the situation. While Ausmus tried to make Yost look like a good manager Clark waving him was inexplicable.

It was not a situation of force a guy to make a good throw and relay....it was doa all day every day.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18912

I know he made mistake. But it was a close play if you look at it. Not by 10 ft. The throw had to be on the money. Plus i have never heard of a 3rd base coach, blown a 3 run lead. The team has to make up for Clark's mistake, pick the guy up. He did not cost them the game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    What was the worst was sending whoever it was in the 8th inning of game 1 when they were down 2 fukkin runs anyways and you had Miggy on deck and they lined into that double play. Made asolutely no sense whatsoever. Then miggy gets up and hits a solo shot no waiting. You know you have an awful guy managing your team in that very situation.
    The tigers are just awful for the playoffs, I still don't get how they win games during the regular season with that bag of shit team they have.
    I said it at the beginning of the year they made ZERO good moves for the bullpen so they will fail yet again.
    Joe Nathan, Jabba the hutt chamberlain. Get real.
    So basically you are saying the only real flaw with the tigers is their bullpen? How does that make them a shit team? Looks to me like they consistently put up hits and their starting pitchers always get it done. If they had 1 or 2 really good relievers and closers, that makes them easily the best team then, right?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

If were discussing degrees of incompetence let's not leave out:

*JD Martinez letting a runner even get even a chance to score on a liner to left (and not down the line).

*Kinslers horrific throw home on the relay. Guy should have been out by 2 steps.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Passing out in the top of the 8th ended up being quite costly for me fml. Would've traded out of my position for a profit had I known Anibal wasn't coming back in; just assumed no way Ausmus was gonna put in the gas cans lol

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

if a teams bullpen sucks it means that that team sucks for roughly %33 of the game
    it's a big deal