SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Saw 2 at 6pm, one with 20ish reg'd and another with a couple reg'd but assumed that was tomorrows,or todays now i guess, and didnt pay much attention. Then busted early and saw it ran with 12 so curious what the deal is with that and how is that being calculated into the standings?

I guess nice job to the angle shooters that jumped on that one.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave SharpAngles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Edit by SBR Admin: Basically the auto scheduler relisted and we were unable to cancel the duplicates. We apologize for not communicating that during the time, and we will be hosting a weekend freeroll (which will not count for standings purposes) on top of the BTP Saturday to make up for it. As the added tourneys otherwise played, standings will count.

Missed whatever happened.

So there were 2 tournaments for both the 9 and 11 slots?

We really need a poker Mod.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 10-08-14 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added reply
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave GUMMO77 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Edit by SBR Admin: Basically the auto scheduler relisted and we were unable to cancel the duplicates. We apologize for not communicating that during the time, and we will be hosting a weekend freeroll (which will not count for standings purposes) on top of the BTP Saturday to make up for it. As the added tourneys otherwise played, standings will count.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post

I was here and aware just couldnt get them pulled down.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I was here and angle shot like a mother

santoro would be proud

had I known it was this plus EV I would have tailgated for it

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Yea really wasn't fair

i asked on live help before I entered

i wasn't gonna play BC I was way too drunk but I got 8th out of 12

all of yesterday should prolly be wiped out.
    without a doubt should be

this stuff cant happen

or when it does have a penetrating honor system in place

if you see 2 listed you enter the one with everyone else

unreal

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I was here and aware just couldnt get them pulled down.
    No surprise you ducked the 9pm tourney with 32 players, consisting of myself & 31 other non angle shooters.

Rather, you angle shot for the 9pm tourney with 12 players.

Funny how MikeSpamm couldn't cash in his 13 player tourney.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

this stuff cant happen

unreal
    Should definitely do something, adding a Saturday or better yet not counting the day for standings would be ideal...kind of undermines the competitiveness of these competitions when mistakes are made like this

I wasn't on til shortly before the 11 PM so don't know the timeline (when duplicate tourneys went up), but you can't really expect players to care when SBR doesn't, right? In the case of the 11 PM, it wouldn't have mattered; both were small tourneys, no way to try to get everyone to join one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    No surprise you ducked the 9pm tourney with 32 players, consisting of myself & 31 other non angle shooters.

Rather, you angle shot for the 9pm tourney with 12 players.

Funny how MikeSpamm couldn't cash in his 13 player tourney.
    A guy who camps the last 3 or 4 tourneys of the day waiting for the smallest one guesses wrong yesterday, and then has the audacity/ignorance to come down on others for shooting an angle he does almost daily (seriously, all but 3 or 4 times in last 2 months)? And after ducking every challenge from DS since April with provably false reasons, you claim HE'S ducking YOU?? Can't make this nonsense up

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    A guy who camps the last 3 or 4 tourneys of the day waiting for the smallest one guesses wrong yesterday, and then has the audacity/ignorance to come down on others for shooting an angle he does almost daily (seriously, all but 3 or 4 times in last 2 months)? And after ducking every challenge from DS since April with provably false reasons, you claim HE'S ducking YOU?? Can't make this nonsense up
    No "guess" involved, I simply chose to do the right thing. Unlike our moderator hero DS, who clearly angle shot & chose to duck the competition.

Tripe constantly the DS spokesman/ass kisser, let DS defend his classless actions. Mods should be setting examples & held to a higher standard.

Triple_D_Bet

No "guess" involved, I simply chose to do the right thing. Unlike our moderator hero DS, who clearly angle shot & chose to duck the competition.

Tripe constantly the DS spokesman/ass kisser, let DS defend his classless actions. Mods should be setting examples & held to a higher standard.
    You CONSTANTLY angle shoot in the exact same way bobbo, you have zero credibility to insinuate anything about anyone else

Are you really trying to claim it's OK when you do it but not when someone else does? Would make as much sense as the rest of your "tripe" i guess

bobbywaves

Here's the difference Tripe: There's no way for me to know which daily tourney will have the least players, my schedule dictates which tourney I play in. So it's hardly angle shooting.

There was a choice Tuesday between two 9m tourney's, one with 32 players & one with 12 players. If I'm an angle shooter as you naively suggest, then please explain why I picked the 32 player tourney instead of the 12 player tourney.

Furthermore, please explain why your boy DS chose to angle shoot by entering the 12 man tourney. Since you're DS's spokesman, it shouldn't be hard for you to elaborate on his behalf.

Triple_D_Bet

Here's the difference Tripe: There's no way for me to know which daily tourney will have the least players, my schedule dictates which tourney I play in. So it's hardly angle shooting.

There was a choice Tuesday between two 9m tourney's, one with 32 players & one with 12 players. If I'm an angle shooter as you naively suggest, then please explain why I picked the 32 player tourney instead of the 12 player tourney.

Furthermore, please explain why your boy DS chose to angle shoot by entering the 12 man tourney. Since you're DS's spokesman, it shouldn't be hard for you to elaborate on his behalf.
    I'm sure you'd like to believe all that bobbo, but we've all seen how your schedule seems to miraculously revolve around playing the smallest tournament every day, ranging from the 3 PM to the 11 PM. This is widely known and beyond dispute.

I can't speak for DS or the timeline of events, but given your constant angle-shooting (registering for smaller tourneys, stalling and folding with premium hands trying to make the cash, etc), I doubt anyone believes you wouldn't have registered if you saw it; odds are overwhelming that you simply didn't know about it until afterwards, and are trying to revise history to think of yourself more favorably (a bit of a trend with you)

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

this stuff cant happen

unreal
    actually I think 1 had just over 20. Maybe 21 or 22 (referencing bobbywaves claiming one had 30+) and 1 had 12.

the one with 12 is the one that was listed first by the tourney ID.

So technically if you wanna go by honor system, the 12 person should've counted since it was created first

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i was in one last night, and then forgot to play, i might've cashed for once!

i think my stupidity was the opposite of angle shooting

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

I'll give you the explanation you so desire since you've once again decided to shoot off at the mouth without any knowledge of what was going on.

First, the angle shooting is a joke. I havent participated in any of the poker contest actively this year (minus the one I smoked you in) and have zero plans to change that now. I also have plenty of rollovers that are currently expiring so its not like I even care to gain some extra poker points. And you have numerous times made it clear you are scared to play me heads up so I really have no interest currently in the daily tourney grind.

When I signed up for the tourney (actually signed up and unregistered several times) we were working on trying to get it taken down. I made all the powers that be aware and was verifying tourney actually went off.

I actually told those in that tourney that I doubt it would even count.

But by all means please continue to make up things in Bobbo world.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I'll give you the explanation you so desire since you've once again decided to shoot off at the mouth without any knowledge of what was going on.

First, the angle shooting is a joke. I havent participated in any of the poker contest actively this year (minus the one I smoked you in) and have zero plans to change that now. I also have plenty of rollovers that are currently expiring so its not like I even care to gain some extra poker points. And you have numerous times made it clear you are scared to play me heads up so I really have no interest currently in the daily tourney grind.

When I signed up for the tourney (actually signed up and unregistered several times) we were working on trying to get it taken down. I made all the powers that be aware and was verifying tourney actually went off.

I actually told those in that tourney that I doubt it would even count.

But by all means please continue to make up things in Bobbo world.
    downsouth, if this happens again, and you can't take down a listed tourney, then fill it up with entries from sbr staff and admin , so no-one else can enter. problem solved.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    actually I think 1 had just over 20. Maybe 21 or 22 (referencing bobbywaves claiming one had 30+) and 1 had 12.
    Think again...The two 9pm tourney's had 32 & 12 players. The two 11pm tourney's had 13 & 12 players. Wasn't referencing you, was obviously referencing DS.

bobbywaves

I'm sure you'd like to believe all that bobbo, but we've all seen how your schedule seems to miraculously revolve around playing the smallest tournament every day, ranging from the 3 PM to the 11 PM. This is widely known and beyond dispute.

I can't speak for DS or the timeline of events, but given your constant angle-shooting (registering for smaller tourneys, stalling and folding with premium hands trying to make the cash, etc), I doubt anyone believes you wouldn't have registered if you saw it; odds are overwhelming that you simply didn't know about it until afterwards, and are trying to revise history to think of yourself more favorably (a bit of a trend with you)
    When you speak the truth like Waves, it's easy to believe Tripe. You should try it sometime, would be refreshing.

Fact is, there's no way for anyone to know which tourney will have least players. Often times I enter tourney's with the most players, like all this week for just one example.

Obviously I saw the 12 man tourney & figured there's no way it would count, so why enter it? I should have known better that SBR would count results from a mistake tourney.

Challenges can be decided by a small amount of points, may not offer future challenges with all the software screw ups. For example, if you happen to win 2014 challenge by 250 pts or less. How is it fair that the 250 you earned from your 12 man tourney, ends up deciding a year long challenge?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    downsouth, if this happens again, and you can't take down a listed tourney, then fill it up with entries from sbr staff and admin , so no-one else can enter. problem solved.
    That solution would make too much sense.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Think again...The two 9pm tourney's had 32 & 12 players. The two 11pm tourney's had 13 & 12 players. Wasn't referencing you, was obviously referencing DS.
    a few random comments on all of he hibbity, shwibbity, bibbity in this thread:

1. yes, TDB, as sbr has ceased giving a fuk, so have I.... clearly that day's points, ALL of them, should be tossed out......

2. to the "excess" players in the 30+ vs. 12 plyrs at the same time slot..... if you were dumb enough not to unregister from the large trney and dive into the 12 man, u are too stupid to win this damn competition anyway, and only have yourselves to blame.........

3. if SbullshitR filled it full of employee id's, Kockn would be validated as me, BiteMeSfCm, and my lovely little chimp would be outed for what we are...... and lastly,......

4. everytime I "angle shoot," I'm on a straight line........
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 10-09-14 at 07:29 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    If he had the power to do this, presumably he could have just taken the tournament down in the first place. Make no mistake about it: DS was on the ball here, simply lacked the power to do the right thing (remove/merge duplicate tourneys)

When you speak the truth like Waves, it's easy to believe Tripe. You should try it sometime, would be refreshing.

Fact is, there's no way for anyone to know which tourney will have least players. Often times I enter tourney's with the most players, like all this week for just one example.

Obviously I saw the 12 man tourney & figured there's no way it would count, so why enter it? I should have known better that SBR would count results from a mistake tourney.

Challenges can be decided by a small amount of points, may not offer future challenges with all the software screw ups. For example, if you happen to win 2014 challenge by 250 pts or less. How is it fair that the 250 you earned from your 12 man tourney, ends up deciding a year long challenge?
    Not so much bobbo; it doesn't matter how convinced you are, facts are still facts. Fact: you almost always camp tournaments looking for the smallest ones....there's no way for anyone to know for certain, but when the average is mid 20s and a tournament has 30 something at 1 minute prior, you'll pass and look at the next one. Of course, if there is an opportunity for a smaller one, you'll jump in it (as you've done frequently in the past). It's beyond comical that you tried it a couple days ago, only to have the 11 PM turn out to be smaller...more karma for an angle-shooter like yourself

Nice move grasping at straws and using "software screw ups" for an excuse to duck future challenges. Maybe another reason should be your complete inability to win one??

I don't feel bad in the slightest about the disparity in our tournament sizes for a key reason: your constant angle-shooting for smaller tournaments has given you a slight advantage in your quest to fold to a min-cash throughout the year, as your "strategy" is severely affected by a couple extra players and (when combined with your excessive stalling) is often the only way your dumb ass can cling to a min cash. I've nullified this in the last couple months by simply playing the same tournament as you (and perhaps not coincidentally, absolutely destroying you ever since), and I have no pity for you getting the short end of the stick when trying to shoot your angle

All that being said, it seems extremely unlikely our challenge will be decided by 250 points unless I quit playing. At this point, I'd probably have to be deathly ill for a couple months for you to pass me...after all, that's what it took for you to beat biteme, and odds are still overwhelming that he'll pass you before the year is out

bobbywaves

What's comical is your angle shooting theories are easily proven false Tripe: If anything you stated held an ounce of truth, then I obviously would have entered the 12 man tourney instead of the 32 man tourney.

Fact is I mainly play the 9pm or 11pm based on my schedule, so it's impossible to angle shoot these other tourney's I don't even play in.

Triple_D_Bet

What's comical is your angle shooting theories are easily proven false Tripe: If anything you stated held an ounce of truth, then I obviously would have entered the 12 man tourney instead of the 32 man tourney.

Fact is I mainly play the 9pm or 11pm based on my schedule, so it's impossible to angle shoot these other tourney's I don't even play in.
    The same way your occasional non-stall near bubble doesn't mean you're not constantly stalling, you occasionally failing your angle-shoot doesn't negate the months of evidence you've amassed. Once again: it doesn't matter if you have yourself convinced, we all know how good you are at deceiving yourself...to the rest of us, it's pretty damn obvious

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

crap missed the whole week - good luck everyone wish I could play more another great contest though - thx sbr

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Going to be funny seeing 5k on the line for a complete shovefest with 8 bbs a piece

bobbywaves

The same way your occasional non-stall near bubble doesn't mean you're not constantly stalling
    If I was "constantly stalling" as you ignorantly claim, surely SBR would have cut my timer in half by now... à la Eberetta.

So either you're full of chit as usual, or you're claiming SBR is negligent in disciplining "constant stallers." Which will it be chump?

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

If I was "constantly stalling" as you ignorantly claim, surely SBR would have cut my timer in half by now... à la Eberetta.

So either you're full of chit as usual, or you're claiming SBR is negligent in disciplining "constant stallers." Which will it be chump?
    The answer is yes.

That said, I have not seen you stalling in recent times.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

you guys bitch 2 much

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    The answer is yes.

That said, I have not seen you stalling in recent times.
    Furthermore, you've never seen me "constantly stalling," as Tripe ignorantly claims.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

great

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Bobbo is not stalling; he's simply calculating Bobbo odds

Which are obviously different than real life pot odds due to a severe disconnect from reality

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Bobbo is not stalling; he's simply calculating pot odds

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Owning this shit you dirtbags...minus a few of you

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Bobbo's BROI increases with every hand he plays so his Bobbo odds get very difficult to calculate late in the tournament. Even with all his fingers and toes, Bobbo still has a tough time.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Bobbo's ROI increases with every hand he plays

First 123456 ... Last