Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Horrible line alert - Duke at Miami, wrong team favored.

What the Fvuk am I missing? Miami's at home? So, they have no home field advantage. They played Nebraska pretty well? So, NB's offense is entirely different from Duke's.

This Duke team is getting no respect. Everyone still thinks Duke is a basketball school. Duke beat Miami last year easily and this years team is better and Miami is worst.

This line is all kinds of wrong. I hate to ever say Vegas fvukked up but Vegas Fvukked up. Duke should be favored by a TD in this one.

Duke +7 (-108) is stealing. So I'm taking Duke ML +240

The Over 59.5 looks very good as well.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

[QUOTE=Mac4Lyfe;22663339 Miami's at home? So, they have no home field advantage.

[/QUOTE]
    Name:  college football.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  40.5 KB
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave face 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave face 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vegas39 gave face 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

A lot of Duke alumni live in South Florida... They just might have more fans.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    Name:  college football.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  40.5 KB

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What the Fvuk am I missing? Miami's at home? So, they have no home field advantage. They played Nebraska pretty well? So, NB's offense is entirely different from Duke's.

This Duke team is getting no respect. Everyone still thinks Duke is a basketball school. Duke beat Miami last year easily and this years team is better and Miami is worst.

This line is all kinds of wrong. I hate to ever say Vegas fvukked up but Vegas Fvukked up. Duke should be favored by a TD in this one.

Duke +7 (-108) is stealing. So I'm taking Duke ML +240

The Over 59.5 looks very good as well.
    No more glory days of the Orange Bowl

I'm a little worry about Duke defense, they should load the box and try to stop Johnson, make the freshman QB Kaaya beat them. I can picture him throwing some picks.

Mac4Lyfe

That would be my game plan. I think Duke will end up with more rushing yards. They have a great run game that will cause Miami fits. Johnson is healthy but I don't think he can beat them by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    No more glory days of the Orange Bowl
    I'm a little worry about Duke defense, they should load the box and try to stop Johnson, make the freshman QB Kaaya beat them. I can picture him throwing some picks.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I agree, I think Duke is a great play. I grabbed it at 7.5 earlier

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

It will be a shootout. I thought Miami would be -3. Opened at 5 and bet up to 7 already. How anyone can say Duke is better than last year at this point is making a leap with no real evidence to support it though. Beating up on the gauntlet of Elon/Troy/Kansas/Tulane doesn't prove anything. It will take 40 points to win this game, IMO. Miami is more than happy to throw on Duke so loading up to stop the run won't stop Miami from scoring.
    I'd take Duke +7 personally because it is hard to cover a TD when you can't get a stop. Sucks being an alum and knowing it is true.

Mac4Lyfe

Duke is returning 14 starters, all the skill positions on offense. 2 NFL future guys on the OLine, very veteran QB and quality DBs. Duke ran up ~400 yards on the ground last year and has more rush playmakers this year. Believe it or not but Duke is the more physical team.

Miami's QB is getting better but Dukes LB's and DBs are their strength. Miami is going to have to establish a run game and the TE. Can they do it consistently? Who most likely will make the most mistakes? I think Miami. Who's the better game day coach? Cutcliffe by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    It will be a shootout. I thought Miami would be -3. Opened at 5 and bet up to 7 already. How anyone can say Duke is better than last year at this point is making a leap with no real evidence to support it though. Beating up on the gauntlet of Elon/Troy/Kansas/Tulane doesn't prove anything. It will take 40 points to win this game, IMO. Miami is more than happy to throw on Duke so loading up to stop the run won't stop Miami from scoring.
    I'd take Duke +7 personally because it is hard to cover a TD when you can't get a stop. Sucks being an alum and knowing it is true.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Miami by 10

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Completely Agree here. GREAT value in Duke. They win this SU easily.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Miami by 10
    Explain...

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Miami left a lot of emotion in Lincoln. Have a feeling they won't be up for this game. Duke wins outright

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I highlighted this game last week. I would have expected the line to move towards Duke but its been the opposite, ML moved from +185 to 185 and it moved 3 points or so

Public seems to be on Duke heavily and so does SBR. The whole thread thinks Duke wins SU or at least covers besides GT21. Even on BTP, 17 on Duke and 1 on UM, seems like a SBR burial in the making.
    I might just stay away or maybe look at the over
    Last edited by sneakerhead; 09-25-14 at 06:45 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah, I'll have to agree. If the line doesn't move towards Duke we are Fvukked. We have plenty of time to review but if it keeps trending up then lower your Duke bets because we're cooked.

See Indiana vs Missouri last week. Trap like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    I highlighted this game last week. I would have expected the line to move towards Duke but its been the opposite, ML moved from +185 to 185 and it moved 3 points or so

Public seems to be on Duke heavily and so does SBR. The whole thread thinks Duke wins SU or at least covers besides GT21. Even on BTP, 17 on Duke and 1 on UM, seems like a SBR burial in the making.

GT21Megatron

A) Miami is playing with revenge. Last year was the first time they ever lost to Duke ever in football. Yea they have had this game circled.

B) Duke won't run for 358 yards on the ground like last year. Zero chance.

C) Kaaya threw for 358 yards last week on the road again a good Nebraska D. Duke is not Nebraksa on that side of the ball.

D) Duke has played against the #125, #93, and #85 ranked defenses and now get Miamis speed to deal with.

Miami 31-17

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

duke has won 12 str8 regular season games

Mac4Lyfe

A. I don't buy into the revenge angle. Duke isn't even close to a rivalry like FSU, Florida or even Nebraska or ND. Miami players still think Duke is Duke, just like the buying public

B. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke rolls up a lot of yards again on the ground. Their run game is hard to scheme against, especially if you are not disciplined and Miami certainly is not disciplined. They have a 4 prong running attack this year which will be hard to defend.

C. Duke's defensive backs are pretty solid. So are the linebackers. Their weakness is in the defensive line. Johnson will get his yards but I think Kaaya struggles here.

D. Miami's defense has not been very good of late. Speed is only good if you're disciplined. I think Duke will use Miami's speed against themselves. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    A) Miami is playing with revenge. Last year was the first time they ever lost to Duke ever in football. Yea they have had this game circled.

B) Duke won't run for 358 yards on the ground like last year. Zero chance.

C) Kaaya threw for 358 yards last week on the road again a good Nebraska D. Duke is not Nebraksa on that side of the ball.

D) Duke has played against the #125, #93, and #85 ranked defenses and now get Miamis speed to deal with.

Miami 31-17

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Miami players still think Duke is Duke, just like the buying public
    I would disagree with that, the buying public respects Duke thus everyone and their mom is picking them to win outright. Miami revenge angle is legitimate too. If I remember correctly last year Duke Johnson didnt play against Duke either.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I am beginning to sense something fishy with this game

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Mac4lyfe, have to agree here. Duke has a nicely balanced attack. Sr Qb Boone 14-2 SU as a starter vs Canes True Frosh Kaaya who continues to make poor decisions (7 picks). Note Blue Devils should be in a position to capitalize if trend continues. Blue Devils 6 picks last two games.

Hate backing teams that lack discipline. Canes 41 penalties vs Blue Devils 20.

Interesting stat the Duke has yet to give up a single pt ytd in 4th qtr.

Kids a frosh and hasn't seen much in terms of stiff competition, but looking forward to seeing how RB Shaun Wilson fares against Cane Run D. Wilson averaging an eye catching 14.4 ypc so far this year. Cornhuskers ran roughshod over what was thought to be a stiff run D with 343 yards!

Of concern, Duke has faced some super weak Defenses. Kansas#85,Tulane#93,Troy#125 and unranked FCS, Elon. Kaaya did throw for 359 yards against Cornhusker D. Canes have owned Devils @ Miami last few trips.

This does look to easy and we all know it never is. I'll place some chips on the Sr QB running a balanced disciplined attack vs a frosh that shows potential, but prone to making mistakes against a ball hawking Blue Devil secondary. Wouldn't be surprised to have a key penalty or two help cover the spread or even the outright win.

GT21Megatron

Duke football over achieved last year...this is a burial waiting to happen

LeaninBack916
    #CashMeOut
    LeaninBack916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1688

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post

I'll go down fighting then because even the sharps are on Duke. There must be the unknown factor of Duke against what the books perceive Miami to be at quality wise. I don't see it. The numbers I crunch don't see it. The angles I've been looking at when comparing years of data, rosters, quality of schedule, etc... don't see it. I like Duke ML and I wish the best to all who are on it. I also laid a parlay with New Mexico St and Duke +7.5 tomorrow for some change to cover my Duke 4 unit ML. Hoping it all pays out

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Miami -7 +100 is my biggest play tomorrow.

It's the fishiest line of the college football season so far.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post
    because even the sharps are on Duke.
    I'm curious......how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Mac4Lyfe

The line is starting to level back to Duke some. But I do agree that the line still does smell. I'm watching it carefully up till kickoff. If it doesn't move more towards Duke, I'm going to cut my bet a bit. If it does move, I'm hammering Duke. My head says Duke wins outright. The line right now says, "Prepare thy Anus for Penetration".

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Miami -7 +100 is my biggest play tomorrow.

It's the fishiest line of the college football season so far.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

So Duke should be favored at Miami? What should the line be?

Mac4Lyfe

I've got Duke winning this game by ~6 points.

Duke is better at almost every position but maybe RB and DLine (which is questionable). Better QB, better OLine, better Receivers. Better coaching staff, Better at creating turnovers, make less mistakes. Better punter, place kicker.

Tossup TE's, LB's, Kick returners are equal, DB's are equal.

Which team is more balanced? Duke. Which team is sure to put up points? Duke. Which team will probably make the most mistakes. Miami.

The weather could be a small factor as it will be raining during the day but should be clear at kickoff. The ball could be wet/humid but that could help Duke stripping abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    So Duke should be favored at Miami? What should the line be?

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Did you remember to factor in the REVENGE factor?

Lineman
    Lineman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27389

If it looks too good, it probably is.
    MIAMI it is!

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think revenge is as much as a factor as "the little brother" syndrome. Duke has more to prove than Miami if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Did you remember to factor in the REVENGE factor?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

So if you ran a book youd make Duke faves?

Mac4Lyfe

If I ran a book, I probably wouldn't be posting winners.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    So if you ran a book youd make Duke faves?

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Duke ML is a waste of money. Duke covering has a legit chance of hitting.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave boss_of_um 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last