Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post

This is my favorite OJ run of all times:

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Not at all, I even have a shadow that's black!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: konck, and SBRMAN23

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    This is my favorite OJ run of all times:

Well he was the best slasher
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

In 2014 , OJ announced that he planned to convert to Islam... could be released in 2018

Tatsu
    Tatsu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16195

Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton are a toss up. All 3 were incredible for there career but Jim Brown is just an old mans dream and they will keep touting him forever.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton are a toss up. All 3 were incredible for there career but Jim Brown is just an old mans dream and they will keep touting him forever.
    LOL @ emmit.

Jim Brown may be the most overrated player in all of sports history. But it's not his fault. Most of the players were puny and white on the defensive side of the ball.

If Brandon Jacobs played duing that era, he'd dominate just as Brown did
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 09-25-14 at 04:56 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Tony Dorsett. Anybody else have a 99 yard touchdown run on their resume?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Michael Turner has to be one of the best ever based on his stats.

Bustedu
    Bustedu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4569

Payton then Brown

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

sanders.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Jim Brown ended his career early to be a bad actor and to bond with the ghetto.

Gale's career was ended maybe cuz he did too much. Same goes for Bo (and became a worse actor).

Sanders ended his career early prolly cuz he was forgetting his name and he had a bad WOP coach.

Payton (true running back btw, with a SHIT O line and shit QB's for his career) was flying off pain pills. But played out an entire career. If he played a decade or two earlier, he prolly would have been doing all the things they had Sayers do.

Brown quit. Sanders quit. Sayers didn't have the medical in those days to fix his problem.

I say Payton. The only one that played till there was nothing left.
    Also played his career outdoors, on the REAL stuff

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Bo Jackson, then Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. Imagine if Bo doesn't get hurt he'd be the easiest "Greatest" of any sport.

Jim Brown played a different game, similar to Bill Russell in the NBA. There was simply nobody big enough to stop them.

Bo and OJ might be tied for the best college RBs ever. Those guys were unstoppable.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sanders.... hands down

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    LOL... You are the perfect specimen of a punk imbecile.

Brown would not only run circles around Smith, Sanders and Peyton,

HE WOULD RUN OVER THEM TOO

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Earl Campbell

TheGoldenGoose

End of Debate...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Bo Jackson, then Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. Imagine if Bo doesn't get hurt he'd be the easiest "Greatest" of any sport.

Jim Brown played a different game, similar to Bill Russell in the NBA. There was simply nobody big enough to stop them.

Bo and OJ might be tied for the best college RBs ever. Those guys were unstoppable.
    You didn't see Barry, Hershel, Marcus Allen did you?

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    End of Debate...

[video=youtube;5YGupe7nKuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGupe7nKuU]
    LOL black and white film with the goal posts in the front of the end zone? He was without a doubt great for his time but he was running against part time football players and full time plumbers, mechanics and electricians. Look at the HORRIBLE tackling in those films and imagine how many yards Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders would have. They were playing against full time killing machines compared to those defenses back in the day.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    You didn't see Barry, Hershel, Marcus Allen did you?
    I totally forgot about Hershel Walker and you're right. He's up there as far as college RBs. Marcus Allen was a great back as well but not in this discussion IMO college or pro.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    LOL @ emmit.

Jim Brown may be the most overrated player in all of sports history. But it's not his fault. Most of the players were puny and white on the defensive side of the ball.

If Brandon Jacobs played duing that era, he'd dominate just as Brown did
    This just moved to the head of the pack for most ridiculous post of the year. You actually compared Brandon fkn' Jacobs to Jim Brown. You got it backwards, if Brown played today he'd be the most dominant back in the game. In his era offensive lineman couldn't use their hands to block, only their shoulders/upper body. Defensive lineman could head slap, whatever it took. Look up a clip of Deacon Jones head slapping a lineman. Everything is geared towards offense now, wasn't so back then.

Some facts: Brown led the league in rushing his first 5 years in the league, and 8 of 9 overall. The one year he didn't he had over 1500 yards from scrimmage. In a 14 game season. His first 4 seasons were 12 games. MVP 3 times, including his rookie year. All time leader in rushing yds per game for career, and the only one to average over 100 per game. This isn't counting his receiving yards and return yards (also ran back kicks). Never missed a game in 9 years. Durability matters. He dominated because he was big, strong, and fast, not because defensive players were "puny and white". And back then m'fukers actual tackled, not the "blow 'em up" shit they try today. If there were a hypothetical draft today Brown would be the first back taken, hands down. Brandon Jacobs. Unreal.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Talent wise Barry Sanders and its not even close.

This would be my pick.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Barry Sanders

Kermit

Sanders was still in his prime when he retired too. He would have passed Walter and beat Smith.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    LOL black and white film with the goal posts in the front of the end zone? He was without a doubt great for his time but he was running against part time football players and full time plumbers, mechanics and electricians. Look at the HORRIBLE tackling in those films and imagine how many yards Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders would have. They were playing against full time killing machines compared to those defenses back in the day.
    THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone with some goddamn sense!

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    This just moved to the head of the pack for most ridiculous post of the year. You actually compared Brandon fkn' Jacobs to Jim Brown. You got it backwards, if Brown played today he'd be the most dominant back in the game. In his era offensive lineman couldn't use their hands to block, only their shoulders/upper body. Defensive lineman could head slap, whatever it took. Look up a clip of Deacon Jones head slapping a lineman. Everything is geared towards offense now, wasn't so back then.

Some facts: Brown led the league in rushing his first 5 years in the league, and 8 of 9 overall. The one year he didn't he had over 1500 yards from scrimmage. In a 14 game season. His first 4 seasons were 12 games. MVP 3 times, including his rookie year. All time leader in rushing yds per game for career, and the only one to average over 100 per game. This isn't counting his receiving yards and return yards (also ran back kicks). Never missed a game in 9 years. Durability matters. He dominated because he was big, strong, and fast, not because defensive players were "puny and white". And back then m'fukers actual tackled, not the "blow 'em up" shit they try today. If there were a hypothetical draft today Brown would be the first back taken, hands down. Brandon Jacobs. Unreal.
    Dude shut up. I was going to type up something to easily counter what you just said, but the other guy summed everything up just nicely.

And yes.. Brandon Jacobs would be more than sufficient

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Barry Sanders and it's not even close.

TheGoldenGoose

Brown played nine years, retired at age 29, and never missed a game.

NONE. ZERO. ZIP.

You punk kids today have NO IDEA, NO CLUE.

STFU and learn from and respect the old-timers.

Been there - Done that - Seen it happen

Fukking greenhorns.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Dude shut up. I was going to type up something to easily counter what you just said, but the other guy summed everything up just nicely.

And yes.. Brandon Jacobs would be more than sufficient
    Shut up? You don't have a fkn' clue what you're talking about. There's nothing you can "type up to easily counter" what I posted because they're facts. In the record book. Nothing you say counters that. Differing opinions are fine but comparing Jim Brown to Brandon Jacobs? Any credibility you may have had just flew out the window. Learn the game before spouting nonsense.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jim Brown or Barry Sanders, take your pick. No other back should be considered. Im a Browns fan and love Jim Brown as a player, but if I had one vote, I'd go with Barry Sanders... but it's really close

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Shut up? You don't have a fkn' clue what you're talking about. There's nothing you can "type up to easily counter" what I posted because they're facts. In the record book. Nothing you say counters that. Differing opinions are fine but comparing Jim Brown to Brandon Jacobs? Any credibility you may have had just flew out the window. Learn the game before spouting nonsense.
    Dude PLEASE! Anyone and I mean ANYONE that has any kind of superior natural athletic ability would have been able to dominate in those days. Like the other poster stated, he went up against puny white players players who had 2nd jobs.

As I have previously stated. Brandon Jacobs would have dominated that era just like Brown did.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Brown played nine years, retired at age 29, and never missed a game.

NONE. ZERO. ZIP.

You punk kids today have NO IDEA, NO CLUE.

STFU and learn from and respect the old-timers.

Been there - Done that - Seen it happen

Fukking greenhorns.
    I agree that he was without a doubt one of the best backs to play the game, but he also had less games to play every season against less than stellar opposition. Much less wear and tear on the body.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Brian Westbrook

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Barry Sanders, Emitt Smith, Warrick Dunn

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Dude PLEASE! Anyone and I mean ANYONE that has any kind of superior natural athletic ability would have been able to dominate in those days. Like the other poster stated, he went up against puny white players players who had 2nd jobs.

As I have previously stated. Brandon Jacobs would have dominated that era just like Brown did.
    If you honestly think the players from the late 50's/60's were all puny white guys with 2nd jobs then this debate is pointless, much like your argument. You don't have a clue. To paraphrase, "anyone and I mean ANYONE" that knows jackshit about the NFL, including those who actually played the game, would call your premise ridiculous. Just stop already.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Refrigerator Perry. Best ever.

First 1234 Last