LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

First of all, Seattle will repeat as Super Bowl Champs.

Secondly, Bengals actually have a chance to go to Super Bowl, but it would have more to do with the AFC being down than with the Bengals being that great.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bcatswin, and POOLSIDE

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Fair enough LT and i can agree with that but dealing with this team for this long it's the best ive ever seen us have.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

Secondly, Bengals actually have a chance to go to Super Bowl, but it would have more to do with the AFC being down than with the Bengals being that great.
    Time to fade Seattle now.
    King mush has spoken.
    Cmon LT, lot of Seahawks fans gonna be unhappy reading that post.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

LT Profits

Seahawks are the first legitimate champions NFL has had in a while. Look at the more recent Super Bowl champs before them, teams like the Ravens and Giants were just teams that got hot at the right time, not teams you would characterize as elite.

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Its suspect

There is no doubt the bengals are in the driver seat for the division and the bye week came at the perfect time. Something that will be interesting as it plays out is 5 of their last 7 are away games. Also until they win a playoff game I won't get my hopes up. Reality is they are having some serious red zone issues right now.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    There is no doubt the bengals are in the driver seat for the division and the bye week came at the perfect time. Something that will be interesting as it plays out is 5 of their last 7 are away games. Also until they win a playoff game I won't get my hopes up. Reality is they are having some serious red zone issues right now.
    Marvin jones return should improve their red zone offense. Still ginger in the playoffs equal sad little fanboys. The league has changed a lot since dilfer won a sb riding the defense..

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

dude as an 13 yr ex-bengal season ticket holder; I have to laugh. Marvin is a good guy but can't coach to save his life. In the playoffs the players talk about the speed of the game turning up. Now i want to be wrong. But every time things turn up the bengals turn down. Also red has a rag arm. How many times does dalton under throw green. Green does catch it but we have to settle for a f.g. If I am wrong tell me where in cincy to buy you a beer at.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave chico2663 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    dude as an 13 yr ex-bengal season ticket holder; I have to laugh. Marvin is a good guy but can't coach to save his life. In the playoffs the players talk about the speed of the game turning up. Now i want to be wrong. But every time things turn up the bengals turn down. Also red has a rag arm. How many times does dalton under throw green. Green does catch it but we have to settle for a f.g. If I am wrong tell me where in cincy to buy you a beer at.
    Reasonable fans are so much easier to deal with..they do have a much better oc for their squad I believe tho..

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I agree! The best 2x teams from each conference after 3x weeks almost always make it to the Super Bowl.

Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 514

Cincinnati looks good and would be my favorite in the AFC as well but in the NFC I would have to go with Arizona at this point with Seattle in a close second. Philly won two games by a FG and the other was against Jacksonville. Not as impressive as wins over SD and SF plus a DD win at NYG, or in Seattle's case being 2-1 against maybe the toughest schedule in the league so far.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

What is it with anyone not understanding how good this Seahawks team is. I don't get why. People act like that was a fluke victory by a team that got hot at the right time. Huh.

This is probably the most complete team I can ever remember seeing. In my opinion, they're a top five ever football team. Yes, ever. The '85 Bears aren't coming into the Clink and cleaning up, nor is anyone else.

They can win the game solely on defense. They can win the game solely on offense. They can win the game solely on special teams. Usually it's a combo of two of those.

Sometimes it's a fluid blend of all three, like we saw in the Super Bowl last season.

When they fire on all cylinders, there may not be a team in the history of the sport that would beat them in Seattle.

Oh and, unlike the two franchises mentioned in the thread title, they actually show up for big games.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Oh shit I thought it was another seaweed thread.

Wrong buddy

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    What is it with anyone not understanding how good this Seahawks team is. I don't get why. People act like that was a fluke victory by a team that got hot at the right time. Huh.

This is probably the most complete team I can ever remember seeing. In my opinion, they're a top five ever football team. Yes, ever. The '85 Bears aren't coming into the Clink and cleaning up, nor is anyone else.

They can win the game solely on defense. They can win the game solely on offense. They can win the game solely on special teams. Usually it's a combo of two of those.

Sometimes it's a fluid blend of all three, like we saw in the Super Bowl last season.

When they fire on all cylinders, there may not be a team in the history of the sport that would beat them in Seattle.

Oh and, unlike the two franchises mentioned in the thread title, they actually show up for big games.
    Think you getting a little carried away on the hype train bro..they certainly one of the better recent champs but that bout far as I'm gonna go. Like every sb team these days they lost a lot of quality depth to FA.

supercam1
    supercam1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Haha why are you jumping the gun so fast? It's WEEK 4!!! I'm from Charlotte and I was shaking my head last week when everyone was saying the Panthers are going to the Superbowl after the 2-0 start, and look whats Pittsburgh did to them Sunday night....It's the NFL....remember that.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Think you getting a little carried away on the hype train bro..they certainly one of the better recent champs but that bout far as I'm gonna go. Like every sb team these days they lost a lot of quality depth to FA.
    Seahawks are also one of youngest teams in the league, they might be scary good for a while.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Seahawks are also one of youngest teams in the league, they might be scary good for a while.
    LT gets it.

Seahawks are still the best team in the NFL by a country mile.

The Bengals are similar to the Atlanta Braves.... usually good in regular season and choke in the playoffs.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

They'll be "scary" until they pay RW. Then they'll just be another "good" team. Until then, NFL beware.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LT gets it.

Seahawks are still the best team in the NFL by a country mile.

The Bengals are similar to the Atlanta Braves.... usually good in regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Seattle can be beat. Denver came out last week with 2 TEs and tried to pound it which isn't their style. Russell Wilson looks great when u rush 4-5 guys and he can scramble around but I'd like to see a team bring consistent pressure and make him throw the ball quickly. Harvin is their only real deep threat and he's always hurt plus they use him more running around the ends then vertically. They are def the fav in the NFC but top team ever? Please??

I'm going to the Bengals @ Colts game on Oct. 19th. They still have Dalton and they only have 1 real weapon outside in Green. Hilton is banged up for the Colts but they have so many other weapons that they can get around it. Denver will get better week to week as well...they have alot of new guys to incorporate and they could beat Cincy either place in January

Cougsky17
    Cougsky17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Seahawks are better in 2014 than they were in 2013 and by the time playoffs roll around everyone will see this.

They played all year without Harvin, had a ton of missed games by several OL, namely their 2 best in Okung and Unger. James Carpenter was a 1st round pick and could even hold the starting job because he didn't take conditioning seriously until after last season(He cut 35-40lbs this year and is ridiculous now). That entire OL situation was a total gong show last year. Sidney Rice blew out his ACL and had to retire by week 5. Two of your three top receivers are undrafted players. Pro-bowl caliber FB Michael Robinson comes down with some sort of illness during pre-season, loses 30lbs and is cut by the team, putting in a rookie in that crucial position.

Despite all of that, they were the 7th most efficient offense in the NFL.

They were the 3rd highest rated defense in modern football history by Football Outsiders' DVOA. They were the 2nd team in history to lead the league in points allowed, yards allowed and turnovers gained, the other was the '85 Bears.

And yes, they're better this year. Especially on offense.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Seattle can be beat. Denver came out last week with 2 TEs and tried to pound it which isn't their style. Russell Wilson looks great when u rush 4-5 guys and he can scramble around but I'd like to see a team bring consistent pressure and make him throw the ball quickly. Harvin is their only real deep threat and he's always hurt plus they use him more running around the ends then vertically. They are def the fav in the NFC but top team ever? Please??

I'm going to the Bengals @ Colts game on Oct. 19th. They still have Dalton and they only have 1 real weapon outside in Green. Hilton is banged up for the Colts but they have so many other weapons that they can get around it. Denver will get better week to week as well...they have alot of new guys to incorporate and they could beat Cincy either place in January
    Yes, any NFL can be beat. I'm convinced the best way is to make them play a playoff road game. Easier said than done.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Eagles lmfao. Eagles are a joke. The 3 teams they have beat have a combined record of 2 and 7. Eagles have been down at half in all 3 games this season. And one of those games include being dominated by the jags in the first half lol. Eagles defense is a joke. Colts gave that game away to eagles with help from the refs. Seahawks still the team to beat in nfc. Cards also a better team then eagles. Niners, bears, packers, lions, falcons and saints better then eagles also.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsky17 View Post
    Seahawks are better in 2014 than they were in 2013 and by the time playoffs roll around everyone will see this.

They played all year without Harvin, had a ton of missed games by several OL, namely their 2 best in Okung and Unger. James Carpenter was a 1st round pick and could even hold the starting job because he didn't take conditioning seriously until after last season(He cut 35-40lbs this year and is ridiculous now). That entire OL situation was a total gong show last year. Sidney Rice blew out his ACL and had to retire by week 5. Two of your three top receivers are undrafted players. Pro-bowl caliber FB Michael Robinson comes down with some sort of illness during pre-season, loses 30lbs and is cut by the team, putting in a rookie in that crucial position.

Despite all of that, they were the 7th most efficient offense in the NFL.

They were the 3rd highest rated defense in modern football history by Football Outsiders' DVOA. They were the 2nd team in history to lead the league in points allowed, yards allowed and turnovers gained, the other was the '85 Bears.

And yes, they're better this year. Especially on offense.

I don't think one of the greatest defenses ever gets lit up by Phillip Rivers and Antonio "no big games like that since 09" Gates. They play in a QB challenged division and they also played the AFC South last year where everyone sucked but the Colts and Luck beat them in Indy. They're good for the strict salary cap era but lets not get carried away.

Fred The Hammer

After watching every Bronco game since Peyton got there....I will def say that Denver has to beat their opponent and their own dumbass coach nearly every week. Fox is fkn horrible and Manning should just be named the player/coach. They ran a draw last week on 3rd/9 with their tight end....lol. The fkn tight end? They should've been spreading them 4-5 wide vs Seattle with Thomas, Sanders, Welker, Orange Julius, and the RB.

slacker00

After watching every Bronco game since Peyton got there....I will def say that Denver has to beat their opponent and their own dumbass coach nearly every week. Fox is fkn horrible and Manning should just be named the player/coach. They ran a draw last week on 3rd/9 with their tight end....lol. The fkn tight end? They should've been spreading them 4-5 wide vs Seattle with Thomas, Sanders, Welker, Orange Julius, and the RB.
    I don't think Fox has much to do with the offensive play calling.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I don't think Fox has much to do with the offensive play calling.
    He is the head coach but thats just one example. The week before KC is down 7 and inside Denver's 10 with 2 min remaining and he lets the clock run down so if they get in then Manning has no chance to win the game in regulation. Literally every week he does something stupid

slacker00

He is the head coach but thats just one example. The week before KC is down 7 and inside Denver's 10 with 2 min remaining and he lets the clock run down so if they get in then Manning has no chance to win the game in regulation. Literally every week he does something stupid
    I agree, to some extent. I don't see Fox as a phenomenal game manager. But there are a lot of NFL HC's that are poor game managers, some even have SB rings. Similar to how teams now have their own "replay booth" guys, they should really have a designated "game manager" guy who is responsible for some of this stuff. I'm not really sure about the logistics of this, but something I've thought about. So many of these guys are former coordinators and don't really know much about throwing a challenge flag or other critical decisions unique to the HC.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Yes, any NFL can be beat. I'm convinced the best way is to make them play a playoff road game. Easier said than done.
    ofcourse.

if they have to play a road game in the playoffs they are done guaranteed.

homefield advantage throughout playoffs or bust for them and da Saints

Cougsky17

I don't think one of the greatest defenses ever gets lit up by Phillip Rivers and Antonio "no big games like that since 09" Gates. They play in a QB challenged division and they also played the AFC South last year where everyone sucked but the Colts and Luck beat them in Indy. They're good for the strict salary cap era but lets not get carried away.
    I'm not sure how you think "good for the era" diminishes how good they are comparatively to the teams who didn't have to abide by a salary cap. That's an absurdly stupid statement.

SEA was tied for 10th in SOS last year. The same "QB challenged" division is also a Defense dominant division and was by far the toughest division in football. Despite the idiotic perception that QB's are all that matters in the modern day NFL. The Hawks played against Kaerpnick(3x), Brees(2x), Luck, a healthy Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning. 15 of their 18 games including playoffs were against the top half of defenses in the NFL.The combined record of the 3 teams who beat Seattle last year was 33-15.

The AFC in 2013 was absolute dogshit from top to bottom, it didn't matter which division got lined up with them. 4 of the 6 AFC playoff teams were in the bottom 5 of SOS last year.

So Rivers beat them, big f'ing deal. Flawless game plan, a tremendous amount of good fortune with 4 fumbles that were all recovered by SD, plus the heat had a huge impact on SEA's ability to recover in the 2nd half. In a game like that, it actually hurt them badly by scoring so quickly early in the game. On their 2 TD drives in the 1st half they held the ball for a combined 8 plays and 2:17.

Also, Rivers is the 4th rated passer of all time, but it's cute how you think it makes SEA's D not as good as people know it is because they were beaten in one road game in the regular season by a HOF-caliber QB.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    ofcourse.

if they have to play a road game in the playoffs they are done guaranteed.

homefield advantage throughout playoffs or bust for them and da Saints
    Well, I think they can beat plenty of playoff teams on the road too tho. lol. But SEA@NO or SEA@SF would be fun.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

If cincy played denver on a neutral field and are even money, I'm betting denver all day

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    If cincy played denver on a neutral field and are even money, I'm betting denver all day
    Same. If it's a regular season game, Denver wins 37-20. If it's a playoff game, Denver wins 9-3.

Cougsky17

Same. If it's a regular season game, Denver wins 37-20. If it's a playoff game, Denver wins 9-3.
    "lol"

Truth.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsky17 View Post
    I'm not sure how you think "good for the era" diminishes how good they are comparatively to the teams who didn't have to abide by a salary cap. That's an absurdly stupid statement.

SEA was tied for 10th in SOS last year. The same "QB challenged" division is also a Defense dominant division and was by far the toughest division in football. Despite the idiotic perception that QB's are all that matters in the modern day NFL. The Hawks played against Kaerpnick(3x), Brees(2x), Luck, a healthy Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning. 15 of their 18 games including playoffs were against the top half of defenses in the NFL.The combined record of the 3 teams who beat Seattle last year was 33-15.

The AFC in 2013 was absolute dogshit from top to bottom, it didn't matter which division got lined up with them. 4 of the 6 AFC playoff teams were in the bottom 5 of SOS last year.

So Rivers beat them, big f'ing deal. Flawless game plan, a tremendous amount of good fortune with 4 fumbles that were all recovered by SD, plus the heat had a huge impact on SEA's ability to recover in the 2nd half. In a game like that, it actually hurt them badly by scoring so quickly early in the game. On their 2 TD drives in the 1st half they held the ball for a combined 8 plays and 2:17.

Also, Rivers is the 4th rated passer of all time, but it's cute how you think it makes SEA's D not as good as people know it is because they were beaten in one road game in the regular season by a HOF-caliber QB.

Calm down homer....calm down!! Good for the era means they're pretty good but they're far from an All Star team like the 90s Cowboys or 49ers. Most everyone thought Kaepernick and Scam Newton were great at one point because they started well so lets see how Wilson progresses. I would blitz the midget and force him to stay in the pocket and expose their mediocre receiving corp. I'm not going to argue with a homer all day and Seattle is a strong team but lets see how the year plays out before they are annointed as better than the Steel Curtain. I would take the Colts teams from 05-06 and stack them up to Seattle any day of the week....among many others. Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, good O-line, Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders, Brackett, Bethea, etc

First 123 Last