jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Was he ever really that good??

No

He will eventually run out of money

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Pretty fascinating. Doesn't surprise me one bit but it's incredible that he's willing to give up competitive golf forever if he wins this lawsuit

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Pretty fascinating. Doesn't surprise me one bit but it's incredible that he's willing to give up competitive golf forever if he wins this lawsuit
    Well it isn't a lawsuit so he would pretty much get the money but I have no clue when he would get it and what happens if he ever plays after getting the money. The interesting part is where the author comes up with the 35 million # he comes up with for Kim to break even and mind you it's assuming the policy is worth 10 million. According to some other source its close to 20 million and if that's the case then its a no brainer cause he's never earning 70 million playing golf.

Sad situation if u ask me...golf has to be his passion and he can't or won't ever play again because of circumstances in front of him.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

He's always been a degenerate.

Gambling, drinking, you name it.

He'll probably never grow up and 15 years from now he'll be regretting his decisions.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11606

Barry Sanders retired under the same shady rationale (remember how his dad got involved?). But at least the bulk of Barry's career was behind him.

I think part of this guy's story is his upbringing. Tons of top athletes are trained from the crib - the Mannings, Agassi (just about any tennis pro, frankly), Marinovich, Tiger & Rory, the list goes on...

But Kim's decision making is clearly, like Agassi & Marinovich, anti-parent yet like them he realizes it's tough to walk away from such a charmed life.

Golf is crazy that this guy could cash out so young after only making a mere dent in the scene. Kim was a name, one to watch, but never reached more than "one to watch" status. And a memorable Ryder Cup experience is, frankly, the shittiest way for a pro golfer to be remembered. I know it's big with his peers, but I'm sorry team golf doesn't do a thing for me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was no star
    No loss to tour

Onlyy made money become Asian

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11606

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No loss to tour
    That. The casual fan recognizes his name, but didn't notice when he disappeared. A poor man's David Duval.