captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

Don Best Sports

I NEVER give my house phone to any book always my Cell Phone . The phone has been ringing witha Nevada number so i decide to pick it up. It is some guy from Don Best Sports.
    I do not use these scammers but i have no clue how these people got my number . Guy would not give me a straight answer on how he got my number. Then at the end when i told him i was not interested he tells me "You should have told me that from the beginning " No, in the beginning i want to know how these lowlifes got my number i NEVER give out.
    I have been Sports betting at this address for 15 years and this is the only one that called me at this number.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Never thought DBS would cold sell like that? Hmmmmm

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

offshore books give clients phone numbers out as well...I've already warned my books not to give any of my info out as I don't need these lowlife touts trying to scam people to be calling me 24/7...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

many books do sell numbers

tell them to stop spamming or I will get involved

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    offshore books give clients phone numbers out as well...I've already warned my books not to give any of my info out as I don't need these lowlife touts trying to scam people to be calling me 24/7...
    I am absolutely aware of that . That is why i only give my Cell # Out . I get tons of calls on that i have NEVER in 15 years gotten a call on my House Number . The guy was annoying too. When i asked him how he got my number he says " That's not important Robert what is important is i have a winner for you tonight." I know they called my Cell too because one day the House phone rang which said Nevada i just did not answer it. Then as soon as that stopped my Cell phone rang and it said Nevada. I did not answer it but they continued to call the house phone so i answered it today.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    many books do sell numbers

tell them to stop spamming or I will get involved
    PLease Kill them JJ and find out how they got my number before you kill them.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

if you agreed to some sort of bonus or promotion they pretty much have free range on all your personal contact info. trust me i was in the telemarketing industry for a while. people have no idea what they are signing up for if they think it is beneficial to them.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

They could not magically find it, You put down the number at some point in the past

jjgold

did you request to take you off the list??

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    if you agreed to some sort of bonus or promotion they pretty much have free range on all your personal contact info. trust me i was in the telemarketing industry for a while. people have no idea what they are signing up for if they think it is beneficial to them.
    Yea but all the info i give them is my Cell Phone number not the House number. I Play at a bunch of Books and these guys are the only ones that have called me in 15 years here. The only thing i can think of is using our house number at a raffle at a mall or something .

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    They could not magically find it, You put down the number at some point in the past
    I am trying to think of any possible way i do not even use the house number for West perversion or Honeygram .

ItsMeMrMattE

the raffle at the mall is what is was then. i had an account with Bass Pro. anytime some one filled out an entry for a raffle on a free boat or what not, their info was up for grabs.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

don't matter what the number is or how ..just say your not interested , he will move on

captrobey

did you request to take you off the list??
    Yes at the end when i said that JJ is when the guy got a bit cocky with me .

ItsMeMrMattE

from someone in the industry. saying take me off your list is all you gotta do. you might be on a few lists, but once you say those magical words that company is no longer legally able to call you.

jjgold

Use my name at carries a lot of power

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yes at the end when i said that JJ is when the guy got a bit cocky with me .

captrobey

Use my name at carries a lot of power
    I know even somewhere in the Amazon is a lost tribe that is dancing around a statue of you right now.