STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you liked Green Bay to win the Super Bowl preaseason, bet them now (+1450)

Week one doesnt mean shit... +1450 to win the Super Bowl up from +1100 preseason

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Too many holes on the offensive line and didn't like what I saw on the defensive end +1450 not for me

STAX

Putting too much stock in one game... I dont love Green Bay for various reasons and I didnt bet them, but if you did like them preseason, you have to stick with it and not overreact to one loss to the best team at their house...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

makes no sense. To even get to the super bowl you gotta win in seattle and the packers will not beat the seahawks in seattle under any circumstances.

The only chance you have of getting past seattle is hoping you go 13-3 or 14-2 something like that and locking up home field. Well the Packers can pretty much forget about home field now since seattle holds the tie breaker.

about the only team in the NFC capable of winning in seattle in the playoffs is Carolina with that strong defense and running game. Packers defense is horrid.

STAX

you're forgetting there's 15 more games to be played, too much can happen between now and then. Seattle might not win their division. Seattle might not have homefield. Someone might beat Seattle for Green Bay......... point is if you liked Green Bay preseason at +1100 (I didn't), you have to still like them at +1450 now (I don't)... week one means nothing

STAX

A lot of people jumped off Seattle's bandwagon after they barely beat Carolina 12-7 week 1 last season... week one means shit.

And Arizona beat Seattle at Seattle late last season...

STAX

San Fran started 2-2 and they were the best team in the NFL last year

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    you're forgetting there's 15 more games to be played, too much can happen between now and then. Seattle might not win their division. Seattle might not have homefield. Someone might beat Seattle for Green Bay......... point is if you liked Green Bay preseason at +1100 (I didn't), you have to still like them at +1450 now (I don't)... week one means nothing
    Seattle wins division by default. STL is terrible with no QB. AZ is a shadow of last year. SF is flat and a shell of last year.

shaunovery

How about saints or 49ers getting home field advantage

Wasn't overly impressed with Seahawks think this season scoring will mean more than top defenses

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    How about saints or 49ers getting home field advantage

Wasn't overly impressed with Seahawks think this season scoring will mean more than top defenses
    You might be right. I did a double check of 49ers schedule and they don't play SEA until after Thanksgiving. Right now the 49ers seem to be sleep walking, but they can probably sleepwalk halfway into October when they play @DEN, the schedule isn't too bad. I guess with SF, it's week by week, tracking what happens with McDonald/Bowman/Aldon/etc and maybe someone on that team can light a spark or something. As it is, I feel like they are ripe to be upset by any hard fighting team that wants it more.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Seattle wins division by default. STL is terrible with no QB. AZ is a shadow of last year. SF is flat and a shell of last year.
    Rhino, I thought you were all about Frisco??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Packers done

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Rhino, I thought you were all about Frisco??
    I dunno what you mean. I've been saying SF looks flat all year so far. Maybe they are saving it all for December.

shaunovery

49ers are all about beating Seattle that's it

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    49ers are all about beating Seattle that's it
    Yep, the road to the Super Bowl goes through SEA. In my mind, SF probably needs to beat them 3 times to get a ring.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Collin Cowherd made some good points about Rogers... he really has not accomplished that much and he has a condensending attitude. He always gives teammates mean looks when they screw up. He kind of doesnt come accross as a team guy. A little bit like Jay Cutler i guess you could say. Typical pretty boy QB

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Collin Cowherd made some good points about Rogers... he really has not accomplished that much and he has a condensending attitude. He always gives teammates mean looks when they screw up. He kind of doesnt come accross as a team guy. A little bit like Jay Cutler i guess you could say. Typical pretty boy QB
    What do these QBs expect? They eat up the team's salary cap and wonder why they don't have a decent LT or a #3 WR.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I put a unit on a GB/NE Super Bowl at +3000. I'm not throwing anymore money at those two teams. It looks dead already.

STAX

u guys are overreacting so much it's making me sick. Its week 1 guys!!!! It doesnt mean SHIT!!! Patriots lost 31-0 to Buffalo week 1 in 2004.... they won the Super Bowl. Week one doesnt mean shit. Come January we will see how many of you even remember that Green Bay lost to Seattle week 1.

Im surprised I haven't heard Minnesota has a shot at the super bowl... I mean they looked really good in week 1 right, they must have a chance

slacker00

u guys are overreacting so much it's making me sick. Its week 1 guys!!!! It doesnt mean SHIT!!! Patriots lost 31-0 to Buffalo week 1 in 2004.... they won the Super Bowl. Week one doesnt mean shit. Come January we will see how many of you even remember that Green Bay lost to Seattle week 1.

Im surprised I haven't heard Minnesota has a shot at the super bowl... I mean they looked really good in week 1 right, they must have a chance
    Pats will be fine, even if they lose @MIN, they'll still end up around 11-5 and win that division if not still get the #1 seed.

STAX

Pats will be fine, even if they lose @MIN, they'll still end up around 11-5 and win that division if not still get the #1 seed.
    Love Pats (-155) @ Minny this week

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    The only thing I could ever stand about you Bear, was your avatar. Now that it is gone you are truly worthless.

BOL

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I hope Minny rolls.....I got them at 150 to 1 to win the SB before the season started, and I RARELY bet any type of futures. That team went 13-3 three years ago with much of the same personnel, they have a real HC and coordinators now, add to that a decent starting QB with a true stud in the wings waiting for the ball.....this is a team that a LOT of people are underestimating.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I hope Minny rolls.....I got them at 150 to 1 to win the SB before the season started, and I RARELY bet any type of futures. That team went 13-3 three years ago with much of the same personnel, they have a real HC and coordinators now, add to that a decent starting QB with a true stud in the wings waiting for the ball.....this is a team that a LOT of people are underestimating.
    I like your thinking a lot actually... although I don't really call Cassell a decent QB... servicible maybe, but that's even a stretch imo. Vikings weren't a 13-3 team two years and they weren't a 4-12 team last year, they are a 6 to 10 win team imo (basically most teams in the NFL are)... but I do like the new coaching staff, and they are off to a good start. Good bet at 150 to 1...

STAX

San Fran went from +750 preseason to +1200 right before week 1, now they are +850... gotta take advantage of these movements guys, its the best way to beat the book... All that has really happened is they dominated Dallas for the 1st half and then coasted in the 2nd half...

slacker00

I like your thinking a lot actually... although I don't really call Cassell a decent QB... servicible maybe, but that's even a stretch imo. Vikings weren't a 13-3 team two years and they weren't a 4-12 team last year, they are a 6 to 10 win team imo (basically most teams in the NFL are)... but I do like the new coaching staff, and they are off to a good start. Good bet at 150 to 1...
    I'd put Cassel in the Dilfer category. Like Dilfer, Cassel has been to a single pro bowl. I'd say half the SB winning QBs were similarly non-megastar types, they just had a juggernaut team around them. Granted, MIN hasn't proven to be a juggernaut, but they've got a lot of pieces. Peterson has the ability to be the top RB in the NFL, Jennings/Patterson are as good a WR tandem as any in the NFL, the o-line is actually very good, Rudolph is a very capable play-making TE. The biggest knock on MIN is the D, but Zimmer is a defensive mastermind and can maybe make something out of this group of seemingly underachieving misfits on defense. I do think Norv brings a lot in terms of experience and being on SB winning teams, he's been kicked around on a lot of bad franchises, but he really is a solid play caller especially now that he's got some real talent to work with. In some sense, there might be an attitude of "now or never" for guys like Cassel and Peterson with the rookie breathing down Cassel's neck and father time breathing down Peterson's. I guess it really depends of they can find the right kind of chemistry and leadership and I do see a lot of leadership and fire from Cassel.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stick a fork in Green Bay

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Why the juice? I can understand betting a home fave ml in mlb instead of spread. Becuz they mite come up short three batting outs then the away dog. Why the ml in football though?

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

If you think 11-5 gets pats a #1 seed you're smoking some good shit. Denver will AT MOST get 4 losses this year

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Seacocks ftw?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Saints and Seahawks for the NFC side.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

might even go higher

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

2 months later.........packer are the favorite to win the NFC. Opening loss to the Seahawks looked dominant on opening night.

STAX

yup, i told everyone to grab Packers at +1400 when they could because they would never get a better price

slacker00

GB hasn't won anything yet. Market is peaking on GB, if it was a stock, I'd say sell it.

GB still likely has to go thru SEA, even if it's in GB, I'll roll the dice with SEA when it counts.

12 Last