itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

This weekend will be HUGE for the Big 12 looking ahead to the playoff considerations

We all saw how the Big 10 failed miserably in the first two weekends of out of conference action. Now is the Big 12's chance to shine or drop the ball in the eyes of committee members who will weigh them over another Power Five conference for the possible last playoff spot at the end of the year.

Oklahoma gets Tennessee from the SEC

Texas Tech gets Arkansas from the SEC

K State gets Auburn from the SEC Thursday (next Thurs)

Texas gets #12 UCLA from the Pac 12

West Virginia and Kansa both get ACC opponents

Iowa State travels to Iowa out of the Big 10

TCU gets Minny from the Big 10 at home

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    We all saw how the Big 10 failed miserably in the first two weekends of out of conference action. Now is the Big 12's chance to shine or drop the ball in the eyes of committee members who will weigh them over another Power Five conference for the possible last playoff spot at the end of the year.

Oklahoma gets Tennessee from the SEC

Texas Tech gets Arkansas from the SEC

K State gets Auburn from the SEC Thursday (next Thurs)

Texas gets #12 UCLA from the Pac 12

West Virginia and Kansa both get ACC opponents

Iowa State travels to Iowa out of the Big 10

TCU gets Minny from the Big 10 at home
    West Virginia is at Maryland of the Big 10 NOT the ACC.

Kansas goes to Duke of the ACC.

Now other than Oklahoma, do you see anyother Big 12 team winning this week? I see two possible wins. TCU and Texas Tech. The rest lose. With Okie State already with a loss, this will probably leave the Big 12 with two hopes. Oklahoma and Baylor, and one of those will be eliminated on 11/8 when OU hosts Baylor. I have Kansas State +11 vs Auburn on a future wager. I want to see the opening line on that game. I think I may have a big middle there.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    West Virginia is at Maryland of the Big 10 NOT the ACC.

Kansas goes to Duke of the ACC.

Now other than Oklahoma, do you see anyother Big 12 team winning this week? I see two possible wins. TCU and Texas Tech. The rest lose. With Okie State already with a loss, this will probably leave the Big 12 with two hopes. Oklahoma and Baylor, and one of those will be eliminated on 11/8 when OU hosts Baylor. I have Kansas State +11 vs Auburn on a future wager. I want to see the opening line on that game. I think I may have a big middle there.
    Wont surprise me to see Texas beat the Bruins. 3 weeks ago I never would have said that..but I've watched both UCLA games and even though I played BYU as my pick to blast the Horns in Austin last week...that UT defense is legit enough to keep them in the game against a struggling UCLA squad. I'm not making this thread saying the Big 12 WILL dominate, more for the reason that its their 'make the case' weekend for the committee since over the past few seasons in the Power Fives the win rates are SEC, Pac 12, Big 12...so they need to make some cases for the committee so when it comes down to a choice in a few months. This season, if the first two weeks are any indicator, will be scrambled by then. Would have thought K State would handle Auburn until seeing them at Iowa State this weekend pull out a miracle when they had been outplayed all game long and Auburn looks better than I would have thought, although against weak competition so far.

OU and Tennessee this weekend....Tennessee might hang early but I see the Sooners pulling away and Stoops will look to tun up the score as much as he can to rub it in so it might get ugly if the Vols fold in second half.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave itchypickle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Wont surprise me to see Texas beat the Bruins. 3 weeks ago I never would have said that..but I've watched both UCLA games and even though I played BYU as my pick to blast the Horns in Austin last week...that UT defense is legit enough to keep them in the game against a struggling UCLA squad. I'm not making this thread saying the Big 12 WILL dominate, more for the reason that its their 'make the case' weekend for the committee since over the past few seasons in the Power Fives the win rates are SEC, Pac 12, Big 12...so they need to make some cases for the committee so when it comes down to a choice in a few months. This season, if the first two weeks are any indicator, will be scrambled by then. Would have thought K State would handle Auburn until seeing them at Iowa State this weekend pull out a miracle when they had been outplayed all game long and Auburn looks better than I would have thought, although against weak competition so far.

OU and Tennessee this weekend....Tennessee might hang early but I see the Sooners pulling away and Stoops will look to tun up the score as much as he can to rub it in so it might get ugly if the Vols fold in second half.
    Yeah...ucla d is garbage so far as well. Swoopes looked ok at qb in first half last week...and they moved the ball some. I could see texas staying in it...but they cost me last week so no go...lol. I am considering the over if it drops A few before kick.

Ou will run it up if they are able...and I think they are very able. We will see tho...big chance for the vols and the sec to shut us big 12 fans up in a big way...lol.

Agreed...auburn looks really good. Kstate game should be a nasty one...can't wait.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    Yeah...ucla d is garbage so far as well. Swoopes looked ok at qb in first half last week...and they moved the ball some. I could see texas staying in it...but they cost me last week so no go...lol. I am considering the over if it drops A few before kick.

Ou will run it up if they are able...and I think they are very able. We will see tho...big chance for the vols and the sec to shut us big 12 fans up in a big way...lol.

Agreed...auburn looks really good. Kstate game should be a nasty one...can't wait.

Your Big 12 is in a great spot this year...Baylor and OU clearly the top tier but some solid teams mixed in as well. I still think the SEC championship will end with a 2 loss team coming out of Atlanta and it's going to cause a debate with one of those two Big 12 squads at 11-1 since they have no CHampionship game...thats why I believe Stoops will indeed try and embarrass the Vols this weekend to have that point in his pocket especially if Tenn upsets one of the other SEC teams he can point to his head to head.

I'll be watching Baylor tonight. Poor UT, they are the fallen as far as in state popularity now since A&M is hyped up and the Baylor juggernaut offense is fun to watch.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

k state handle auburn? you are crazy

Gus Malzahn is 23-6 life time against the spread as a head coach.

Auburn is like 13-0 last 13 games ATS

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

is there a prop for a big 12 to not make the playoff? if so hammer it

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Big Ten failed miserably but didn't we already know that Michigan sucks?

We all know MSU played much better than the final score would indicate.

Osu isn't the same without Miller but yea they fell flat on their face.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    is there a prop for a big 12 to not make the playoff? if so hammer it

How does neither Baylor or OU not make it? Can't see anyone on their schedules who match up to them besides themselves.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

How does neither Baylor or OU not make it? Can't see anyone on their schedules who match up to them besides themselves.
    Gary Patterson owns Art Briles. Patterson's defense has made Briles offense look like garbage the past 2 seasons.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

those 2 teams always lose games that they shouldn't.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Gary Patterson owns Art Briles. Patterson's defense has made Briles offense look like garbage the past 2 seasons.
    Frogs get them both back to back next month, we will see.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    those 2 teams always lose games that they shouldn't.
    Agreed...but just looking at the state of the big twelve..few years after losing Nebraska and A&M, the fall of the Horns....Tech and Ok State so young...this is the season 'big game bob' makes it work in Norman I think, unless they get caught napping at Iowa State like OK State did.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys it's too early

Settle down

Teams will knock off each other