greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Texans -2.5 @ Raiders

First time looking at the lines for this next week. Holy cow did this one stand out.

So many things to look at here:

Oakland running game:

Raiders ran for twenty-five (25) yards on Sunday, yes 25 yards. How many did their running D give up? 212. They were outgained 8.5-1 on the ground, that number can not be overlooked, not with Foster coming to town and looking healthy in week 1. McFadden and Jones-Drew couldn't get it going, I don't think that changes against the Texans and that line.

Oakland passing attack:

Carr may have looked confident behind center in his first game but the numbers don't back that up. He certainly did throw 2 TDs and no INTs. But looking a little more closely his first was off a Raiders INT that gave him a short field and the second was with the game pretty much decided barring a miracle. Texans pass rush is much, much better than the Jets, they hit RG3 14 times week one, and he's a QB with legs, they will tee-off on Carr from the first snap. He will no doubt be hit, let alone sacked, 3+ times in the first quarter alone, that might jar the young kid and make rely on a ground attack, exactly what the Texans want.

Texans passing vs Oakland secondary:

Fitzy is not the longterm answer in Houston. I'm shocked he didn't turn it over a single time and I think he does this game but he was efficient and against a team that gave up 6.1 ypa to Geno Smith he should do a comparable job. Hopkins and Johnson went for 182 yards in week 1 and with attention being paid attention to Foster and the run game, one or both should have a pretty good afternoon.

I am going very heavy on this game right now. Comments or thoughts on this game?

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

This game scares me.

greenhippo

To be honest Sledge I figured the line somewhere around Houston -4.5 given everything we saw in Week 1. The fact it's under a FG does worry me a bit but I can't see what the Oakland edge is. Houston better run defense and offense and better through the air, you can argue pretty strongly that Oakland pass D could be better judging by raw numbers alone but they look to be severely overmatched all over the field.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    This game scares me.
    Count me in on this.

Houston beats arguably the worst team in the nfl in not exactly convincing fashion for their first win in a year and all of a sudden they're road favorites? Oakland or nothing for me.

greenhippo

Worst team in the NFL is Oakland.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Worst team in the NFL is Oakland.
    greenhippo,
    The Redskins made the Texans look like world beaters...our play calling was ultra conservative because of our inept and sorry ass QB (RG3)...not to mention that despite all of that, we would have beaten them if not for two turnovers deep in Texan territory and a blocked punt that got returned for a TD...a lot of flukish crap that happened and Texans were very fortunate to escape with a win....also, DE Jadaveon Clowney is out with an injury...I'm not sure how long he is gone for but that is one less weapon for the Texans...for me, Oakland (+3) is an easy play...especially at home!...
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Da Manster! 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    greenhippo,
    The Redskins made the Texans look like world beaters...our play calling was ultra conservative because of our inept and sorry ass QB (RG3)...not to mention that despite all of that, we would have beaten them if not for two turnovers deep in Texan territory and a blocked punt that got returned for a TD...a lot of flukish crap that happened and Texans were very fortunate to escape with a win....also, DE Jadaveon Clowney is out with an injury...I'm not sure how long he is gone for but that is one less weapon for the Texans...for me, Oakland (+3) is an easy play...especially at home!...
    Clowney is out 4-6 weeks

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Clowney is out 4-6 weeks
    thanks Ravensfan!....

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Oakland is to this year what Houston was to last?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Every week is a new week in the NFL once you realize that you will become a better handicapper

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

OMGChoGath
    OMGChoGath's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this play a decent amount but from a first glance the play of the week this week is Carolina

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    greenhippo,
    Great analysis. I'll even stick my neck out and say Carr is better a better QB than Fitz right now.

greenhippo

Christ guys.

It's 17-0 at half here. Oakland an easy play huh? Foster has 95 yards already.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Congrats
    Points Awarded:

greenhippo gave paco 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Easy one nice hit pal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guys nailing everything today

greenhippo

I said Texans would run it down their throat and they have. Said Carr would be error prone in this game compared to week 1 and he is. Texans D worlds better than last year and so far 1.5 games in and they are.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Nice job hippo

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Raiders 1-15.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

My poor Raiders. Fade until they prove otherwise.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    My poor Raiders. Fade until they prove otherwise.
    Another miserable year for us ��

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Great call