TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Way more football games televised now than qualified announcers for them

Yesterday IDK who the idiot was announcing the Panthers/Bucs game but it was pathetic

One example there was like 3 minutes left Bucs down 20-7 and about to score

Announcer says "If they can score here and recover an onside kick maybe they have a chance" or something to that affect

Bucs had all TOs and the 2 min warning to come.

I honestly think a lot of SBR posters could announce better than a lot of the College Football and even NFL announcers

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

Tell me about it. During NFL Baltimore preseason football, there was this gay black guy calling the game.
    Some of his play calling was off the wall tooty fruity shit.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Yesterday IDK who the idiot was announcing the Panthers/Bucs game but it was pathetic

Announcer says "If they can score here and recover an onside kick maybe they have a chance" or something to that affect

I honestly think a lot of SBR posters could announce better than a lot of the College Football and even NFL announcers
    what was so wrong about that?

if you are announcing a 3 hour game you are going to end up saying something stupid

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post

Ronde Barber was one of the play by play announcers for the Bucs/Panthers. It sounded like his first game.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Ronde Barber was one of the play by play announcers for the Bucs/Panthers. It sounded like his first game.
    Yup, that's right it was him

Rather hear him than his piece of crap brother though

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

If you want to hear some lousy announcing, just listen to the college baseball guys on Fox channels. "If they can tie this game in the 9th, then they have a chance". Couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 514

I agree, there are not that many announcers around who are consistently solid. Which probably means it's not an easy job.

But I've been saying for years they need to come out with an option to mute the commentators but leave the crowd noise on. I would probably use that option over half the time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

The main NFL guys for CBS and FOX are pretty good

Micheals and Collinsworth are always solid for primetime games.