Any form of gambling

Little guys get chewed alive

cannot withstand losing streaks

gaming 102

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

That's why pounding winners is so important.

Builds the bankroll.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I hope this is true coach, my 50k roll is depleted badly but I can't make myself stop.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48

Coming from a guy who started with 5 bills last week. I did see you went flawless recently though. Nice 1 Gold! Make it last.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

1.5% is 1.5%

Bad info here coach

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If I had 50k I WIN

Let's not kid ourselves

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

u lost 50k last year.

lol

Sam Odom

JJ , you UP or DOWN last 5 yrs ?

Give us a number

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

hogwash. if you can't turn 100 into 1000 in 1-2 months
    you shouldn't be betting sports. know your enemies.
    they have names like:
    -laziness (not doing enough research before making a bet)
    -chasing (inability to accept a losing day)
    -impatience (betting whatever's on the card)
    -lack of structure (bad arrangements of wagers)

if you can't make money with 50 bucks you can't make it with 50 grand.
    so stay small until you know what you're doing.
    Last edited by Snowball; 09-06-14 at 09:07 AM.

Sam Odom

Snowball been around the block a time or two

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Any form of gambling

gaming 102
    This has to be THE DUMBEST gambler alive. I've turned 25 bucks into 1K, 100 into 3-5K multiple times, and so on... if you can't do that you can't turn 50K into 100K EVER, loooooooooooooooooooooooooool, keep dreaming though coach...

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any form of gambling

gaming 102
    For someone who's supposedly been gambling since wayback you sure lack any useful knowledge. "bigger your bankroll the better shot you have" -That's what you got? That's what you pass along to SBR? LOL

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

I am afraid for coach. I think someone kidnapped him and SBR is covering it up ..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Sam Odom

The Las Vegas trip fukked his mind ... not the same

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

A medium bankroll is actually the best with a big bankroll you run into limits say you want to bet 5k on a game you might only be able to get 500-2000 down at the best number and have to bet a bad number for the rest. Small bankroll you get bad numbers also because not many outs or not worth it for a $100 bet to travel or lineshop a lot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    JJ , you UP or DOWN last 5 yrs ?

Give us a number
    Down about 50K Sammy..give or take 10K

Sam Odom

can get back $50K with just on nice run... No problem

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had 50k I WIN

Let's not kid ourselves
    But don't you post screen shots of your sbr betting acount where you risked 250k and lost.

if you were good enough to win with 50, you'd have 50, follow?

dont dilute yourself into thinking the only thing stopping you from winnng is money.

your roll is pitiful because you suck and this is hard, no other reasons.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    A medium bankroll is actually the best with a big bankroll you run into limits say you want to bet 5k on a game you might only be able to get 500-2000 down at the best number and have to bet a bad number for the rest. Small bankroll you get bad numbers also because not many outs or not worth it for a $100 bet to travel or lineshop a lot.
    50k is medium roll though, right?

my problem is different. When I get to a certain amount, I always remove a bunch to live off during the off season. When I grind 20 into 50 I'll just take 30 for my life roll and start over.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Odom’s right, if the money is well managed, the bankroll size doesn’t matter. I think JJ knows this too.

T
    here are certain strategies, however, that you can apply to the enormous NCAA Hoops and NCAA Football markets that would require deeper pockets. And I’m not talking about chasing...I’m talking about the sheer size of the markets and crazy number of options.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    One thing for sure...this isn't equities, bonds or currencies. But bettors can still do very well.

scumbag

If I were a stone degen there is no doubt I would have had crazy sick runs, but I'm kind of a nit.

if I were going to give jjgold advice. I'd say, quit posting here. Quit doing everything you're doing right now.

Here are some steps.

1. Watch games
    2. Learn what teams do well and what they don't
    3. Have an opinion on who should win and by how many using what we know they do well and what they struggle with.
    4. Be right
    5. Profit

You can win doing that alone. You don't need to originate (make your own lines). Some people instinctively know what's fair.

I know what I'm talkin about, I assure you. This is my 4th year betting football, I've won every season.

And quit with this "sharp bettor" shit of betting a bunch of games at varying bet sizes. You don't know what your edge is, youre flipping coins. I say, bet fewer games for more money. I've only bet 550 games in 3 years and a week, but I've risked 1.3 million and raked back almost 250k profit.

do what I say and you'll likely be better. Or maybe you won't. you need to be able to see the games the right way and have some instincts.

heres some bank roll advice. If I start the season risking 20k. I'll bet 1100 on everything I like. If I start losing, I would NEVER bet less if I lost most of it. Because you are limiting yourself when things even out.

As the season progresses and you increase your roll, obv bet more, but betting less to preserve life is stupid. If you lose the 20, grab another 20. If you don't have 20, question everything.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's a post from me earlier, I think it applies.

[QUOTE=KVB;22539715]

...At 11-3 or 12-2 it’s easy to see many bettors increasing their wagers. A nasty stretch comes and look at what happens to them…at 50-50 they are down much more than the vigorish paid. Many bankrolls have fallen to this folly.

The reverse can also be true. A losing streak hits so bettors pull back and bet less. When the win streak comes, they don’t get what they deserve. In this case, it could be better to make less plays, as opposed to betting less per play.

Simply put, and I’ve posted something like this before, jiggling bet size will change the breakeven point, and usually not for the better.
    [/QUOTE]

Most bettors go broke not because they can’t pick winners, but because of money management. For the most part, Scumbag is right about betting different amounts because of a perceived edge, but if you listen to his advice about betting more when you bankroll has grown, you’d better know how and when to determine your next bet size, because when you bet more, your breakeven point goes up.

To use his words, except for winners, things will even out.

Even long term winning bettors allow this behavior to eat into their profits, often without knowing it.

I
    f you are winning over the long term, you must change your bet size as seldom as possible to prevent the cost of progressive betting. For example, if you start with 20K, by the time you reach about 100K, you should have increased your bet amount no more than about 5 times.

This assumes your flat betting a percentage of a STARTING bankroll. If you are betting a flat, say 5.5% of a CURRENT bankroll, you are changing your bet size every bet and drastically increasing your breakeven point. Even with today’s low vig books.

Bet enough to make your return worth the investment of time and money, but don’t bet so much that you risk going broke. Everyone has a different spot here, but the effects of changing your bet apply universally.

Calling winners is not enough, proper money management is essential. With knowledge of why it’s essential, losing bettors can become winners and winning bettors can increase their return. This not just math, knowledge influences behavior… this is psychology.

Last edited by KVB; 09-06-14 at 03:37 PM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    50k is medium roll though, right?

my problem is different. When I get to a certain amount, I always remove a bunch to live off during the off season. When I grind 20 into 50 I'll just take 30 for my life roll and start over.
    I would say yes it is all relative just saying that bigger is not always going to be better it is going to get harder to get your bets down if the bankroll gets too big. Though depends more on how big you bet if you have 50k and are trying to bet 2k or so that still will slow you down sometimes you can't take as much of an advantage of promos, bonuses, and good numbers as a $500 bettor. If you have 50k you can make a good chunk off of bonuses, props live bets, and soft lines from small time books. But if you have 500k you are going to have to make big bets and being able to beat efficient numbers to have good results which is very hard.