zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

How I feel about my Packers loss last night to Seattle.

First off, congrats Seattle - they played like a world class team that just won the Super Bowl. BUT, could they have been beaten? YES. They have flaws, serious flaws, that will be picked apart later down the road.. Its not tough to spot, like their passing game. I mean maybe that jet sweep read option will work all year, but I am guessing it won't.

NOW, for the open letter I posted to the packers website in hopes someone would hear my cries, I am going to be let down this year again. Pretty much every NFL Expert picked us going to the Super Bowl if not winning it but I can tell you after that game we will be lucky to make the playoffs…

All packers fans can relate to my struggles.

...without further a due, my letter.

Im sick of hearing the same bs oh this that and the other. Its time to look yourself in the mirror and make some serious changes. Like firing Capers who should've been gone years ago! the game has progressed to much to try to do the same things with a core of interior line and backers that are absolutely pathetic. I get sick to my stomach listening to McCarthy just blab on with zero emotion.

WE HAD AN ENTIRE OFFSEASON TO WORK ON OUR WEAKNESS -- TACKLING…and guess what I guess we spent maybe 30 seconds on it. What a joke. Great coaching -- LOL. Oh yeah, welcome to the NFL Ha Ha…I was laughing like your name when you whiffed on about 12 tackles. Oh wait, you got one, In the second half. Congrats. Let me make a trophy for you.

We have, without a doubt the most talented core of offensive players and SOLID individual defensive players but together it looks like one big pitty party.

Oh not to mention our injuries, either we are the most unlucky team or the softest in the NFL. Im leaning towards the latter.

What about our interior defense? YOU ARE GETTING BLOW OFF THE BALL -- ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED, and no BJ Raji would not have been any better. Shoot you hands, have a set of something down there, lift some weights, hold your own. DONT GET REACH BLOCKED AND WRAPPED BY A CENTER WITH NO HELP FROM A GUARD. have some pride. and then play with it.

How about our LB's? A DEFENSIVE HOLDING ON THE FIRST TIME WE GET A 3 and OUT ALL GAME?!?! WHEN IT MATTERS!? How is Brad Jones in the NFL? How was he drafted? We have some back office no talent butt clown deciding he is worth it to be drafted over all the other 09 candidates? Put him on the bench or pay the agreement and send him packing. But you can argue his strength is run defense. Well, Marshawn Lynch proved that wrong. We couldn't fill holes that were so obvious to spot a blind kindergardener could've gotten there faster. Well he tackles good, obviously not. Every single time they ran the ball yesterday they broke at least one tackle. Thats not an exaggeration, thats an actual statistic. Fix the problem, don't poke around the bush with a lollipop coach. "I think we played well, they were just better." WELL?!?!? HOW ABOUT I THROW IN SOME HIGH SCHOOL LINEBACKERS they could've performed better. Atleast they would've graded out in film better I know that.

Any more? Ill be here all day. Oh yeah someone please fire our defensive coordinator. If I wasn't blunt about that enough in the begining. I mean come on stop feeling bad for the guy or whatever. He's getting paid millions to literally do nothing. NOTHING, what a crook. Fire the old man and let him sit in a retirement home like where he should be.

Last edited by zacher; 09-05-14 at 08:16 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

It's a long season too...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Packers go 0-16.

Fuggin lock of the year boys.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Packers go 0-16.

Fuggin lock of the year boys.

Impossible, Rodgers will score score score on weaker defenses. The Packers gameplan is to completely forget about our defense and just outscore anyone else's offense.

I say we go 9-7 somehow and miss the playoffs for the first time in forever.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9954

Good stuff Zach. Seattle can be beat for sure - Packers dropped a few balls that would have kept drives alive and could have changed the game a bit. The difference between Seattle and a lot of teams in this league is that they play with a swagger that comes from knowing you are going to be the best team on the field most days.

Look at the first FG they scored, that was scored because Miller, the TE on 3rd down, tipped a ball up in what should have been a sure fire interception but he got up and was able to bat the ball down. Great individual effort that goes relatively un-noticed but the entire team does that. Watch some of the average teams - that happens to them and the TE lays on the ground watching it hoping something bad doesn't happen.

Congrats to Seattle - they are again going to be tough.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Good stuff Zach. Seattle can be beat for sure - Packers dropped a few balls that would have kept drives alive and could have changed the game a bit. The difference between Seattle and a lot of teams in this league is that they play with a swagger that comes from knowing you are going to be the best team on the field most days.

Look at the first FG they scored, that was scored because Miller, the TE on 3rd down, tipped a ball up in what should have been a sure fire interception but he got up and was able to bat the ball down. Great individual effort that goes relatively un-noticed but the entire team does that. Watch some of the average teams - that happens to them and the TE lays on the ground watching it hoping something bad doesn't happen.

Congrats to Seattle - they are again going to be tough.

Its a sense of pride and team culture they have and play with. I hate Seattle for one thing. Bandwagon fans and the "fans" that showed up outta nowhere last year. crazy.

But also I cannot stand the fact that penalties killed us.We were in it all the up in until about 13 minutes left in the 4th down by 13.. we had them stopped 3 and out on their 20 they would've punted and we would've gotten the ball back, plenty of field position with time on the clock and all our timeouts….

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Great analysis zacher. I'm starting to take jabs at McCarthy, but maybe I'm being too gentle. I mean, look around the league at Carroll, Harbaughs, etc there a lot of much better coaching staffs out there. GB management needs to take a hard look in the mirror after last night. Even if they limp into the playoffs and lose again, is that really "good enough" in GB? GB is a second rate franchise at best right now.

Another thing I saw last night is one word: DEPTH. GB is razor thin at so many positions. I mean Bulaga goes out and Sherrod might as well have stayed on the sideline for as effective as he was. I've been saying this about GB since Clifton retired, they'd gotta do something to protect their franchise QB, year after year they have one of the worst o-lines in the NFL, it baffles me. Compare that to SEA who are cutting guys like Eric Winston who could easily start for GB.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

poor coaching, poor execution on offense, defense, and special teams consistent with packer recent teams. this team is heading nowhere but down to the bottom of their division. minny, chicago, and detroit all better coached will feast on this inept packer squad.

Sam Odom

Sour Grapes this morning...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

"pack suck" would've sufficed.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    Impossible, Rodgers will score score score on weaker defenses. The Packers gameplan is to completely forget about our defense and just outscore anyone else's offense.

I say we go 9-7 somehow and miss the playoffs for the first time in forever.
    I was just making a comment on this over reaction theatre that is going on here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mr. Rogers is playing scared now

slacker00

I was just making a comment on this over reaction theatre that is going on here.
    Maybe you can enlighten us with a correct reaction rather than backhanded sarcasm?

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

couple things to pointout - last nights game wasn't as close as the score - earl thomas' fumble and a 60 yard PI penalty set up both first half scores for the packers...earl makes a fair catch on the punt and the Hawks are likely up 20-3 or more at half...was shocked Rodgers didn't even test Sherman ONCE, not once! You'd think an elite QB would at least probe that side of the field, it was like seeing Roger Clemens or Randy Johnson intentionally walk Barry Bonds 5 times....

secondly, I live in Seattle and it is hilarious to hear us called bandwagon fans by fans of teams we destroy - the Seahawks once had the longest season ticket waiting list in all of professional sports, and that was in the Kingdome days - the # 12 is retired for the fans, the wave was invented in Husky Stadium, the fans caused an earthquake once and are in the guiness book of world records for being the loudest...what team doesn't lose support when it sucks??? if you have a team that sucks for 10 years and they still sell out every game I call that a stupid fanbase, not a rabid one - in fact, it is not showing up that makes the team better in the end...

Russell Wilson is now 6-0 against Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers =) Go Hawks!
    Last edited by crazykind; 09-05-14 at 10:31 AM.

Sam Odom

But also I cannot stand the fact that penalties killed us. We were in it all the up in until about 13 minutes left in the 4th down by 13...
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykind View Post

... last nights game wasn't as close as the score ...

Interesting perspectives of the same game

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Well, you are reading from fanboys on opposite sides. At least the GB guy is trying to be objective.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Its just because crazy is CRAZY. Bias from a Seahawks perspective, I said it like it was. Rodgers is the best quarterback at comebacks in the 4th in the NFL at the present moment and thats proven through how many times he's brought the team back from behind.

We get the ball back down 13 on our 40 with the momentum we had from the last drive. I guarantee we score and its a 6 point game. Then what. Momentum shift big time.

Either way, you mention a muffed punt. WHAT ABOUT THE INTERCEPTION ON OUR 30 and RAN BACK inside our 10 that was bobbled off Nelson and dropped right into the corners hands. Poor throw by Rodgers..

Or the 4th and 5 we missed when we were in field goal range only down by 10 -- terrible decision by McCarthy, then terrible execution by Rodgers and crew, should've never let that ball get snapped.

Or the stupid fck who hit the punter in the beginning of the game.

So many variables.. I don't think Seattle is as good as everyone makes out to be. They can definitely be beat I bet they go 12-4 or 13-3 regular season.

Just like I bet my Packers only go 9-7 or 10-6

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I agree capers is severely overrated

But Green Bay is constantly injury plagued. Like every single year they lose starters. Raji was a huge hit too

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

HaHa Clinton-Dix will be a solid to great safety eventually man.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Green Bay was never in it. They got their shit handed to them

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    HaHa Clinton-Dix will be a solid to great safety eventually man.
    I agree but we don't need a first round draft pick to be solid eventually. I need a first round draft pick to be solid NOW. Specifically when we're playing a very solid offense. Solid not great.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Great analysis zacher. I'm starting to take jabs at McCarthy, but maybe I'm being too gentle. I mean, look around the league at Carroll, Harbaughs, etc there a lot of much better coaching staffs out there. GB management needs to take a hard look in the mirror after last night. Even if they limp into the playoffs and lose again, is that really "good enough" in GB? GB is a second rate franchise at best right now.

Another thing I saw last night is one word: DEPTH. GB is razor thin at so many positions. I mean Bulaga goes out and Sherrod might as well have stayed on the sideline for as effective as he was. I've been saying this about GB since Clifton retired, they'd gotta do something to protect their franchise QB, year after year they have one of the worst o-lines in the NFL, it baffles me. Compare that to SEA who are cutting guys like Eric Winston who could easily start for GB.
    I was actually pretty impressed by GB's oline. Outside of Sherrod of course.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    I was actually pretty impressed by GB's oline. Outside of Sherrod of course.
    Are you impressed by Bakhtiari? He's gotta be one of the worst LT's in the NFL. He's a penalty machine.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Outside of Rodgers, the Pack are below .mediocre. if Rodgers goes down tomorrow they'd be lucky to win 6. Super Bowl? LMAO.

jjgold

Rodgers has become to celeb

Afraid to get hurt

Watch games men

Short safe passes

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

First off, congrats Seattle - they played like a world class team that just won the Super Bowl. BUT, could they have been beaten? YES. They have flaws, serious flaws, that will be picked apart later down the road.. Its not tough to spot, like their passing game. I mean maybe that jet sweep read option will work all year, but I am guessing it won't.

NOW, for the open letter I posted to the packers website in hopes someone would hear my cries, I am going to be let down this year again. Pretty much every NFL Expert picked us going to the Super Bowl if not winning it but I can tell you after that game we will be lucky to make the playoffs…

All packers fans can relate to my struggles.

...without further a due, my letter.

Im sick of hearing the same bs oh this that and the other. Its time to look yourself in the mirror and make some serious changes. Like firing Capers who should've been gone years ago! the game has progressed to much to try to do the same things with a core of interior line and backers that are absolutely pathetic. I get sick to my stomach listening to McCarthy just blab on with zero emotion.

WE HAD AN ENTIRE OFFSEASON TO WORK ON OUR WEAKNESS -- TACKLING…and guess what I guess we spent maybe 30 seconds on it. What a joke. Great coaching -- LOL. Oh yeah, welcome to the NFL Ha Ha…I was laughing like your name when you whiffed on about 12 tackles. Oh wait, you got one, In the second half. Congrats. Let me make a trophy for you.

We have, without a doubt the most talented core of offensive players and SOLID individual defensive players but together it looks like one big pitty party.

Oh not to mention our injuries, either we are the most unlucky team or the softest in the NFL. Im leaning towards the latter.

What about our interior defense? YOU ARE GETTING BLOW OFF THE BALL -- ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED, and no BJ Raji would not have been any better. Shoot you hands, have a set of something down there, lift some weights, hold your own. DONT GET REACH BLOCKED AND WRAPPED BY A CENTER WITH NO HELP FROM A GUARD. have some pride. and then play with it.

How about our LB's? A DEFENSIVE HOLDING ON THE FIRST TIME WE GET A 3 and OUT ALL GAME?!?! WHEN IT MATTERS!? How is Brad Jones in the NFL? How was he drafted? We have some back office no talent butt clown deciding he is worth it to be drafted over all the other 09 candidates? Put him on the bench or pay the agreement and send him packing. But you can argue his strength is run defense. Well, Marshawn Lynch proved that wrong. We couldn't fill holes that were so obvious to spot a blind kindergardener could've gotten there faster. Well he tackles good, obviously not. Every single time they ran the ball yesterday they broke at least one tackle. Thats not an exaggeration, thats an actual statistic. Fix the problem, don't poke around the bush with a lollipop coach. "I think we played well, they were just better." WELL?!?!? HOW ABOUT I THROW IN SOME HIGH SCHOOL LINEBACKERS they could've performed better. Atleast they would've graded out in film better I know that.

Any more? Ill be here all day. Oh yeah someone please fire our defensive coordinator. If I wasn't blunt about that enough in the begining. I mean come on stop feeling bad for the guy or whatever. He's getting paid millions to literally do nothing. NOTHING, what a crook. Fire the old man and let him sit in a retirement home like where he should be.

Biggest bitch letter I've ever read. LOL

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Biggest bitch letter I've ever read. LOL
    From what I'm hearing, GB fans feel like someone's bitch the way things are going. Even Rodgers fans are turning.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Packers go 0-16.Fuggin lock of the year boys.
    i can't believe you were up this early

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Ughh.. don't we see this every year? Usually whatever happens in week I is not what happens in the playoffs or Super Bowl. This sounds like some ESPN nonsense.. either jumping off a bridge or celebrating too much each and every week.

flip floppin week to week

jjgold

8-8 men

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Hahaha Packers were never the correct play in this game

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Ughh.. don't we see this every year?
    flip floppin week to week
    You have no evidence the OP is "flip flopping". My only guess is you are in the wrong thread.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Yes we see it every year. After week 1 someone is ready to jump off a cliff.

Fire the coach. Fire the QB. Fire everybody!!!

The Pack are in the NFC Championship. Everyone is on Seattle to win so this might be the end of the line, but it just goes to show how nuts people are after one week of the NFL.

Turfgrass
    Turfgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11