TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Michigan +4.5 VS Notre Dame - I Just Don't See Michigan Losing This One

Michigan +4.5 is the play. Very Confident in this game. Michigan's defense is much stronger than in recent years. I would say.... probably the best defense IN A LONG TIME. The offense is very sound. This is my best play on the board for Saturday. Hit this game hard!

This game is at least a 2 unit play... possibly 3 units.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Good luck playa. Leaning this way as well.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

I thought about taking the Maize and Blue, however it's still too early in the season to predict how these teams are going to do...no team looks as good as they did in week 1 and conversely, no team looks as bad as they did in week 1...therefore I took the much safer route and took Michigan (+17.5) in my 13 pt teaser!.......Heritage gives the best odds on 13 pointers over other books and that is why I take advantage of them...

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

I don't know if I could trust Gardner as last year he would always choke with a stupid int when the games were close

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mich is loaded on both sides

QB is erratic and could fuk it up though

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Looks easy Gardner is pretty good and been around a while. That big receiver FUnchess or whatever is unstoppable

jjgold

Mich also has best Frosh DB in Country with Jabril Peppers..major stud

He hurt his ankle game 1 but will be ready to go

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Agree , Michigan and the points is right play ! I like Michigan in this game !!

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The game's at Notre Dame, right? I don't know. My only concern with Notre Dame is their defense, but offensively, Notre Dame is scary good and should put up a lot of points on Michigan in this game. The Irish have a lot of speed this year and Golson looks as good as any quarterback I saw on Saturday. I personally like the over in this game and would lean towards the Irish, but that's just me. I think Notre Dame has an outstanding team this year, even without the 4 guys.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

From a michigan fans perspective, it comes down to whether michigan can get the run game going to open up the pass game. They have a young offensive line. It took them a little bit to get it going against app st. Gardner is much better than last year. The new offense fits much better for his style of play. And his football IQ has increased tremendously from a year ago. They need to find another WR to show up in order for them to win this game. Defense is sound. It's gonna come down to the offense

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Michigan ML and Alternate spread

will 5Dimes be offering a Michigan -3? or -6.5?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

all we need in here is paco to complete the michigan circle jerk

Gholson much improved for ND and they book a win at home...

Central07
    Central07's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that this game could go either way but I would back ND- Golston is a much better player and will make the plays at the end.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Notre Shame is outclassed here fellas.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Notre Shame is outclassed here fellas.
    If Tommy Rees was at quarterback still, I'd agree. They're a much better team with Gholson, though. Not only can the guy throw, but he has some speed and is elusive. The question I have is whether Michigan's defense can slow down Notre Dame because this is the fastest Notre Dame team I've ever seen. They're not Oregon fast, but they're not far behind.

Only worry I have for ND is their defense. If Collinsworth is out again, Michigan could pile up some points back on them. That's why the over is very inviting here. I can see a 45-38 style game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

the corners for Michigan look very good. i know it was app state but they can hit hard and are very fast

jjgold

over seems like the play also

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I wouldn't bet against Vernon Gholson. Guy looks really good this year....reminds me a lot of McNabb.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

FYI - every time someone makes a specific thread about a specific game, with can't lose, lock, etc, 9 times out of 10, it does. I love my Wolverines but we can absolutely lose this game by a touchdown. These games are always wild and wacky so anything can happen

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

the dog has done well lately in this rivalry...I like ND but you never know with these rivalry games

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is one of these "stay away from" games in my book. The favorite has covered in the last three games. Both teams beat nobodies last week. Both teams have question marks. This should be a real good game, but I will pass on making a wager on it.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is one of these "stay away from" games in my book. The favorite has covered in the last three games. Both teams beat nobodies last week. Both teams have question marks. This should be a real good game, but I will pass on making a wager on it.
    I'm kinda the same way. I don't see the angle for Michigan. I kinda feel there's a reason why they didn't make the preseason Top 25. I think Notre Dame is no doubt a top-10 team with those 4 suspended players plus Collinsworth, but without them, I don't know how big a dropoff there will be against a quality opponent. Just too many questions. ND should have an advantage at home in primetime, but we'll see. If I were to play, I'd prolly go with over.

2dime reverse
    2dime reverse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm liking the under, both teams put up a lot of points. The total is going to be a tad bit inflated & the public will bite on the over

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I wouldn't bet against Vernon Gholson. Guy looks really good this year....reminds me a lot of McNabb.
    Who?

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

This thread makes me love the Irish LMAO

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Who?
    You know, Vernon Gholston, the mighty DE from Ohio St. He wouldn't bet against that guy.

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

Being a fan I never bet ND games. One thing to note, ND has a well below average pass rush and had a hard time getting to the QB against RICE. I see UM putting up at least 30 in this game. The secondary is much better this year, even with Collinsworth and Russel out. Max Redfield is gonna be a well above average safety. Funchess is going to be a problem for ND, though.

ON the flip side, Golson is a huge upgrade at QB, over Rees. Two talented running backs that were true freshman last year look like the real deal. Plus a lot of speed at WR and another NFL TE. Everything points to another 37-34 type game. ND has always found a way to somehow blow this game, 2010 and 2011 being one of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen.

Don't see how this isn't a 3 point spread. I show -4.5 for ND. Maybe Golson makes that much of a difference.

roryforpresident
    roryforpresident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

The golden domes win by 7

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by roryforpresident View Post
    The golden domes win by 7

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Good god.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

he reminds me a lot of Dontrell McNabb too

on a serious note....the dog has covered 23 of 30 in the series.....

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

I wouldnt take any advice from people who dont even know ND's qb is named everett GOLSON. ND showed good offense against rice, but the secondary isnt there which could make things scary. I dont bet nd games since im a homer but if i had to id take UofM with the points. Over is probably the best option.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Will be fun to watch I ll take the points

TheMoneyShot

I don't like how The Wynn opened up at ND -6 and MGM Mirage opened up at ND -5.5 Way too high in my book... while the offshore (at the reputable books) holding at ND -4.5

I haven't placed my wager yet because I'm hoping to get at least +5. But no way this game goes to +4 offshore right? Hope not.

I still like it at +4.5

Game might land right on 4.

TheMoneyShot

In other news.... my 2nd best play is Virginia Tech +11.5 VS Ohio State. You're giving Frank Beamer time to figure out some defensive schemes against this young QB. That's all I needed to know. Take the points... and it should be a close game down to the wire.

12 Last