Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Although Spain is going to give this USA team a hurtn
    that might be what you want to see

i seriously doubt thats going to happen

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anthony Davis is the entire USA team I would think he's the best player in the NBA right now

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    funny how everyone here on sbr was hyped for usa to win world cup soccer but now seems like everyone watching the basketball just to see them lose
    It's really puzzling to me because this team has guys that are hard not to like. Faried is out there giving crazy effort, but I guess people would rather see an entire team of lazy superstars.

Anyway, far too much hate for this team. The 2012 team only beat Brazil by 11 and Argentina by 6 in exhibitions, and only beat Lithuania by 5 in the group stage in the Olympics. Guys like Kobe were selfish and played no defense at all. People love it. This team gets pushed for a half by an experienced team with a good game plan and they're total sh1t. Probably the 2nd best defensive team we've had in a long time and no worse than silver for them (but I'd still say favorite for gold).

Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

Great 2nd half.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Americans. Far too sensitive over any bit of criticism. Grow a set pals.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Funny to look back on this thread now. 4 warmup games and 9 tournament games and the smallest margin of victory was 21. Most dominant performance since the 90s dream teams. More dominant than the Olympic teams with Lebron, Kobe, Melo, etc.

It was completely square to think that this team was inferior because guys like Plumlee made the team. Teams need role players, guys that hustle and do the dirty work, not just 12 scorers. The USA kept bigs that are active, run the floor, and rebound (and scared Boogie Cousins into hustling by almost cutting him). Faried's effort was infectious and he wound up making the all tournament team. If the USA keeps building teams intelligently like this, rather than just choosing the 12 biggest all-stars, then the gap with the rest of the world will widen.

First 12