STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care about the preseason, Ive been on San Fransisco hard since last Febuary:

... but I have to admit I am worried. nightmare preseason, Bowman now out, a lot of people starting to think SF might have a bad year. I'm a bit worried, but not jumping ship yet. Its hard to seriously contend for a Super Bowl year in and year out especially when you've just given rings away the last 3 years. Wecould easily be calling SF the 2 time defending champs. Why Belechik is the best coach of all time... Pats contend EVERY YEAR, doesn't matter.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

It's easy to overreact to preseason .. but in my opinion it's tough for teams who make deep playoff runs a few years in a row to give two shits about preseason, whether it's subconscious or not. (Or just good teams in general; teams that have their goals set high). The niners will be fine.

Any time I start to put too much stock in preseason, I remind myself the 2008 Lions went 4-0 in the meaningless games before going 0-16.

STAX

Yeah I agree but there is just an aura about how things are going that worries me. Awesome stat about the Lions though

STAX

People seem to be betting Packers and Saints to come out of the NFC now.... I say now a good time to bet the Bears.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Don't trip playa playa. we'll be fine. 49ers swooping the nfc west

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Worries are still if ck7 goes down just don't think they get enough offense just enough to win games , on defense don't think 49ers are as good this yr no bowman and Bethea had concussion preseason corners a little untested

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

49ers Not to make playoffs @ +250?

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Tramaine brock is a solid corner, culliver still hasnt had a pick in his career and finally got 1 this pre season and he hasnt looked bad at all. Reid is going to break out even more i think and him with bethea should hold the fort down. Ward is looking great too. Justin smith needs to stay healthy though. Goddell needs to announce the verdict on aldon though its kinda messed up that its took this long

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Pre-season don't mean shit.

Raiders beat Seahawks yesterday 41-31. Does that mean shit? nope.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If they go down the first game the seasons over

It might sound silly but very true

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If they go down the first game the seasons over

It might sound silly but very true
    nah JJ the season is not over if they drop a road game..

now if this was a home game maybe

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I'm probably the biggest niner homer here and even I can see the dysfunction brewing. Our offense has sandbagged the entire preseason so its hard to judge, but on paper its an improvement. The Defense is a mess with injuries, free agent loss and now Aldon Smith missing 9 games. Special Teams have lost some valuable guys so that is another ? compared to last year. Too many ??? to feel confident in the NFC West.

Plus, We considered trading our coach to Cleveland this off season. The guy who in his first 3 years made NFC title game, Super Bowl, NFC title game. Harbaugh must be a colossal douche for that to even be considered.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

While preseason doesn't mean shit... I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners miss the playoffs this year.

Bowmans hurt. Aldon Smith suspended 9 games. That's two big hits to a defense that wins them games. Cuz let's be honest the SF offense isn't too pretty. They were winning games with 10pts or teens last year, now Gore is another year closer to collecting social security and the rest of his backfield is hurt other than Hyde. Oh yeah and VD is next in line to collect soc sec.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I'm probably the biggest niner homer here and even I can see the dysfunction brewing. Our offense has sandbagged the entire preseason so its hard to judge, but on paper its an improvement. The Defense is a mess with injuries, free agent loss and now Aldon Smith missing 9 games. Special Teams have lost some valuable guys so that is another ? compared to last year. Too many ??? to feel confident in the NFC West.

Plus, We considered trading our coach to Cleveland this off season. The guy who in his first 3 years made NFC title game, Super Bowl, NFC title game. Harbaugh must be a colossal douche for that to even be considered.
    I might be a bigger homer but let's split the difference. I see it this way. Defense will clearly suffer for a while and it's time for the offense to step up. Everything else is fine

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It'll be interesting to see if any team claims him.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Don't forget the Glenn Dorsey injury also.

As far as the offense goes, SF needs to find a way to get Alex Boone back on board... the sooner the better.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

D-end Ray McDonald arrested for domestic abuse on his pregnant wife.

Dudes a piece of shit, and will likely get a year suspension.

SanFran D has so many holes in it, tough schedule.. I took under 10.5 RSW

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

This just isn't SF's year. They've gone down hill ever since their SB appearance a couple years ago. Defense isn't close to what it used to be. Doesn't take much to figure out this just isn't their year:

No Bowman for a while
    No Aldon Smith for 9 games
    Ray McDonald will be suspended at some point
    Niners offense looked like shit entire preseason

I like Seahawks to win the division, Cards to get 2nd place and possibly a wildcard. Niners will finish 3rd in the division.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Alex Boone ended his holdout, so at least it's not all bad news for the 49ers.

eddiemoney76
    eddiemoney76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Niners have some young depth that will step up on defence. Yes, the defence will be weaker overall to start the first half but will hold their ground.

All up to the offence now. Additions like Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd...

Carlos Hyde, Bruce Ellington in draft. Second year for Quinton Patton ..

Point is Kaepernick has all the weapons now. No excuses anymore offensively.

If he cannot get it done with the weapons he has, then niners are in trouble.

I trust he can get it done. Trent baalke is a smart GM.

STAX

49ers season rests on Colin Kaepernick, plain and simple. He has to step up that entire offense, because their defense is not what it used to be and will get exposed this year. but if Kap can outscore some teams when he needs to, 49ers will win 10+, if not it could be a down year. I think he has the potential...

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

No Bowman for a while
    No Aldon Smith for 9 games
    Ray McDonald will be suspended at some point

Niners offense looked like shit entire preseason

I like Seahawks to win the division, Cards to get 2nd place and possibly a wildcard. Niners will finish 3rd in the division.
    Justin Smith is 35