Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Week 1 NCAA teaser (4 Team 13 PT)

As most of you guys know, I've had very good luck and great success the last several years or so doing these teasers in both football and basketball...they are really effective early on in the season when we still don't know how well teams are going to do...Having said that, I've studied all the lines for week 1 and have read and researched countless reviews, picks, predictions, etc on just about every major college team and their conferences...here we go!...let's make some $$$$!........comments, suggestions, opinions are welcomed!...feel free to tail or fade me!...

Wager type : Teaser Teaser : Super 13fb 10bk
    #1) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Virginia 8/30/2014 9:00AM - (PST)Spread +34½ for Game

#2) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : California 8/30/2014 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +23 for Game

#3) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : West Virginia 8/30/2014 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +38½ for Game

#4) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Clemson 8/30/2014 2:30PM - (PST)Spread +20½ for Game

Risking : 500.00 To Win : 400.00 USD

Da Manster!

Some quick bullets and chart reasons on my selections:

1)UVA is at home and it's a 9:00AM start for UCLA...it's a known fact that west coast teams traveling from west to east in the early time slot don't fare too well as their body clocks haven't adjusted...no doubt the Bruins have superior talent and should win the game by multiple scores but coach Mike London is on the hot seat and this the second full year with both coordinators still in tact...and the Cavs return 14 or 15 starters from last years squad...they are a dangerous team and usually play up or down to their competition level.

2)Sonny Dykes is an underrated coach who should have Cal significantly better than last years woeful team....Reports out of the Golden Bears camp is the team has a swag and confidence about them...Goff second year at QB in Dykes system should pay dividends...Northwestern lost two key starters for the season...all purpose Venric Mack decided to transfer after being suspended for the first two games and WR Christian Jones is our for the year with a knee injury....this should be a 10 point game either way.

3) Dana Holgerson is also on the hot seat...put up or shut up time for him as WVU's fan and alumni are getting impatient...He is indeed an offensive genius and the Mountaineers are usually a scrappy bunch and show up to play for games of this magnitude...QB Clint Trickett (FSU transfer) is the real deal and hopefully he can stay healthy....No doubt the tide roll and probably win by three TDs but I expect with Nick Saban breaking in a new QB and some new faces on the O-line, he will more than likely play it close to the vest and rely heavily on pounding the ball and letting Bama's D do the rest.

4) Clemson...have 14 returning starters and the Bulldogs do as well...Big question is can RB's Gurley and Marshall stay healthy?...Clemson has stout D and their QB much like Georgia's, got some quality playing time last year and both proved they could play...two top 20 teams and evenly matched...take dem points!....I see Clemson winning by 10+ but well within the 20.5!...

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

There were better games to play a 13 pointer... those first two have a chance to lose

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Good Luck

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

If I was playing a 13 point/4 team...

Houston +1
    Washington -2.5
    Florida State -4.5
    Louisiana Tech +51

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

i stopped taking you seriously when you said Trickett is the real deal....

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    There were better games to play a 13 pointer... those first two have a chance to lose
    says one of the worst handicappers on this forum!!!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    i stopped taking you seriously when you said Trickett is the real deal....
    who cares what you think, NOOB!...PS...Clint Trickett got injured last year and had absolutely no weapons and a shitty O-line...He would have been FSU's starting QB if not for Jameis Winston....his career numbers aren't too shabby taken all things into consideration.

Clint Trickett Stats

PASSING STATS
    YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
    2013 123 233 52.8 1605 6.9 7 76 7 114.6
    2012 22 34 64.7 272 8.0 0 40 0 131.9
    2011 44 72 61.1 675 9.4 7 69 4 160.8

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Good Luck
    Thanks Bear!.......Any plays from the Bear Den lately?..It's been kind of quiet in there!...

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    who cares what you think, NOOB!...PS...Clint Trickett got injured last year and had absolutely no weapons and a shitty O-line...He would have been FSU's starting QB if not for Jameis Winston....his career numbers aren't too shabby taken all things into consideration.

Clint Trickett Stats

PASSING STATS
    YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
    2013 123 233 52.8 1605 6.9 7 76 7 114.6
    2012 22 34 64.7 272 8.0 0 40 0 131.9
    2011 44 72 61.1 675 9.4 7 69 4 160.8

you mean the guy who has lost how many QB competitions? If you base everything off of stats then WSU starting QB is better then Winston . Finally those stats prove his accuracy is trash.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

You seem to have very thin skin.

BOL with your teaser.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

As most of you guys know, I've had very good luck and great success the last several years or so doing these teasers in both football and basketball...they are really effective early on in the season when we still don't know how well teams are going to do...Having said that, I've studied all the lines for week 1 and have read and researched countless reviews, picks, predictions, etc on just about every major college team and their conferences...here we go!...let's make some $$$$!........comments, suggestions, opinions are welcomed!...feel free to tail or fade me!...

You are a bookie's dream! So, you are betting 500 to win 400 and all 4 games need to win for you to cash. And betting teasers in basketball?? Great success???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This monster guy is very good at these pay attention man

Monster best of luck in the upcoming season

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Manster had an arguably the best closing of last season with his teasers

Best of luck to ya buddy!

thariteonebaby
    thariteonebaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Clemson wins by 10+!? In Athens!? You are either smoking something or a Clemson homer. Georgia wins this and probably covers as well.
    Points Awarded:

redking gave thariteonebaby 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck to you on a successful College Football Season, and hope to see you at the pay window!

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

guess ill wish this asshole good luck as well

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by thariteonebaby View Post
    Clemson wins by 10+!? In Athens!? You are either smoking something or a Clemson homer. Georgia wins this and probably covers as well.
    where in the hell did you get that?!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    guess ill wish this asshole good luck as well

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Good luck to you on a successful College Football Season, and hope to see you at the pay window!

you know it, Urban!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Manster had an arguably the best closing of last season with his teasers

Best of luck to ya buddy!

Thanks RR!...Let's hope the trend continues!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    You are a bookie's dream! So, you are betting 500 to win 400 and all 4 games need to win for you to cash. And betting teasers in basketball?? Great success???
    I don't why I bother responding to loser's like you...you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This monster guy is very good at these pay attention man

Monster best of luck in the upcoming season

thanks JJ!..let's get 'em bro!...

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

Everything is always gonna look good in a 13 point teaser but even as a UVA fan I would not put any faith in this team. UCLA is a very good squad and despite the early start time could easily run right over UVA and ruin this for you (consider the Oregon game last year....I know UCLA is no Oregon but I was at the game and it was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever witnessed as a sports fan)

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    Everything is always gonna look good in a 13 point teaser but even as a UVA fan I would not put any faith in this team. UCLA is a very good squad and despite the early start time could easily run right over UVA and ruin this for you (consider the Oregon game last year....I know UCLA is no Oregon but I was at the game and it was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever witnessed as a sports fan)

UVA also beat a very good BYU team at home last year....they got lots of starters coming back and this their second full year under both coordinators...and like I said, coach London's job is in jeopardy...Virginia is not devoid of talent...that, and the very early start for the Bruins, should keep this game well within the number.

thariteonebaby

1)UVA is at home and it's a 9:00AM start for UCLA...it's a known fact that west coast teams traveling from west to east in the early time slot don't fare too well as their body clocks haven't adjusted...no doubt the Bruins have superior talent and should win the game by multiple scores but coach Mike London is on the hot seat and this the second full year with both coordinators still in tact...and the Cavs return 14 or 15 starters from last years squad...they are a dangerous team and usually play up or down to their competition level.

2)Sonny Dykes is an underrated coach who should have Cal significantly better than last years woeful team....Reports out of the Golden Bears camp is the team has a swag and confidence about them...Goff second year at QB in Dykes system should pay dividends...Northwestern lost two key starters for the season...all purpose Venric Mack decided to transfer after being suspended for the first two games and WR Christian Jones is our for the year with a knee injury....this should be a 10 point game either way.

3) Dana Holgerson is also on the hot seat...put up or shut up time for him as WVU's fan and alumni are getting impatient...He is indeed an offensive genius and the Mountaineers are usually a scrappy bunch and show up to play for games of this magnitude...QB Clint Trickett (FSU transfer) is the real deal and hopefully he can stay healthy....No doubt the tide roll and probably win by three TDs but I expect with Nick Saban breaking in a new QB and some new faces on the O-line, he will more than likely play it close to the vest and rely heavily on pounding the ball and letting Bama's D do the rest.

4) Clemson...have 14 returning starters and the Bulldogs do as well...Big question is can RB's Gurley and Marshall stay healthy?...Clemson has stout D and their QB much like Georgia's, got some quality playing time last year and both proved they could play...two top 20 teams and evenly matched...take dem points!....I see Clemson winning by 10+ but well within the 20.5!...
    I found it in this statement you wrote. Read closely at the bottom. "I see Clemson winning by 10+"

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I don't why I bother responding to loser's like you...you obviously haven't been paying attention.
    Whatever makes you happy! Never met a teaser player who thought they always win. But when I graded tickets all teaser players lost most of the time. Not a good betting strategy, that's all.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by thariteonebaby View Post
    I found it in this statement you wrote. Read closely at the bottom. "I see Clemson winning by 10+"
    my bad!...I meant Georgia winning by 10+!...I'm thinking Georgia 34 - 21....but well within the 20.5 points....thanks for the correction...

Da Manster!

4) Clemson...have 14 returning starters and the Bulldogs do as well...Big question is can RB's Gurley and Marshall stay healthy?...Clemson has stout D and their QB much like Georgia's, got some quality playing time last year and both proved they could play...two top 20 teams and evenly matched...take dem points!....I see Georgia winning by 10+ but well within the 20.5!...
    Edit: I meant the Bulldogs winning by 10+, not Clemson.

thariteonebaby

my bad!...I meant Georgia winning by 10+!...I'm thinking Georgia 34 - 21....but well within the 20.5 points....thanks for the correction...
    That makes way more sense!!!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

BOL, pal. Save the teasers for the NFL though. Teasers in NCAAF are -EV.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    BOL, pal. Save the teasers for the NFL though. Teasers in NCAAF are -EV.
    thanks Nino!.......and yes, I especially love them in the NFL!...

Da Manster!

bump for JJGold!...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

clemson aint winning....

edit: nvm see the edit

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

If you think Georgia is going to win by 10+ why didn't you tease Georgia down or just bet them straight up instead if a four teamer? You could risk less and win just as much? With only 1 game to sweat.

12 Last