1. #1
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    The Mets are a Paplebon away from being in the playoffs.

    The year, between Mejia, Fansworth and Valverde, there has to be a difference of 6 games.

  2. #2
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24


  3. #3
    Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-10
    Posts: 451

    Lol..huh?

  4. #4
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,113
    Betpoints: 2408

    Take him. He's all yours

  5. #5
    Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-01-10
    Posts: 16,039
    Betpoints: 25


  6. #6
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    Lol..huh?
    I'm saying, anyone is better than who they have this year.

  7. #7
    pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 61,347
    Betpoints: 48

    And a Miguel Cabrera and a Clayton Kershaw. If they have these 3 guys they can make the playoffs.

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 632 pts


  8. #8
    smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-19-08
    Posts: 12,354
    Betpoints: 219

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    And a Miguel Cabrera and a Clayton Kershaw. If they have these 3 guys they can make the playoffs.
    maybe

    BTP
    Week 10
    3-2-0 429 pts

    BTP
    Week 10
    3-2-0 289 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 327 pts

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 626 pts


  9. #9
    laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-21-06
    Posts: 4,555
    Betpoints: 172

    I don't think so

  10. #10
    TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-14-12
    Posts: 1,270
    Betpoints: 36

    they are 5 games out. having a stud closer would definitely have them in the hunt for a wildcard spot

  11. #11
    jjgold
    Iowa City
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 298,616
    Betpoints: 19

    I love this Met team I love the coach also

    They never quit

    BTP
    Week 10
    3-2-0 431 pts

    BTP
    Week 10
    3-2-0 291 pts

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  12. #12
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I love this Met team I love the coach also

    They never quit
    I love Collins also. He doesn't let his team get into a hitting slump by continually changing the line up when it starts to go south. Other managers will wait it out.

  13. #13
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The year, between Mejia, Fansworth and Valverde, there has to be a difference of 6 games.
    The Mets pen is like this
    Level 1 Black Familia
    Level 2 Edgrin
    Level 3 Mejia Torres
    Level 4 therest
    The mets probably lost 15 games because Collins is stupid or doesnt judge talent well
    He needs to go Mejia shouldnt close he is no more then the 6th inning guys really

    Mets Brass are dumbas rocks to for playing Granderbay and C Young first 3 mnths and batting them 4&5
    Yea we should have made the playoffs but we are handicapped

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  14. #14
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I love Collins also. He doesn't let his team get into a hitting slump by continually changing the line up when it starts to go south. Other managers will wait it out.
    Yea great call there moron he stuck with Granderbay and C Young 3 str months wtf are you talking about they hit 190 and 180 most of those months. How could anyone love Collins he is an old flame

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  15. #15
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Mets will win next year if they play the young guys and sit Grandernothing but they wont.
    This team is pitching a defense they just dont want to see that yet

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  16. #16
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    The Mets pen is like this
    Level 1 Black Familia
    Level 2 Edgrin
    Level 3 Mejia Torres
    Level 4 therest
    The mets probably lost 15 games because Collins is stupid or doesnt judge talent well
    He needs to go Mejia shouldnt close he is no more then the 6th inning guys really

    Mets Brass are dumbas rocks to for playing Granderbay and C Young first 3 mnths and batting them 4&5
    Yea we should have made the playoffs but we are handicapped
    Granderson is getting 60 mill. WTF are you suppose to do with him????? You're not giving him the season to work it out???

    Who do you want in right field instead??

  17. #17
    labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-12
    Posts: 1,555
    Betpoints: 1071

    Mets fans....keep convincing yourself you're that close to having a good team. It's the same thing year after year

    2014: 71-75
    2013: 74-88
    2012: 74-88
    2011: 77-85

    So CLOSE!

  18. #18
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Mets fans....keep convincing yourself you're that close to having a good team. It's the same thing year after year

    2014: 71-75
    2013: 74-88
    2012: 74-88
    2011: 77-85

    So CLOSE!
    Nobody said it was a good team. I'm saying it's amazing they are, where they are with these hitters. They're near the bottom in every hitting category and still only five games out of a playoff spot.

  19. #19
    labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-12
    Posts: 1,555
    Betpoints: 1071

    Understood but the Mets need to learn how to build thru their farm system, which is actually pretty decent. Between Wright, Colon and Granderson they are dropping 30 million ++ this year. They need to rebuild and do it with young players imo

  20. #20
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 36,290
    Betpoints: 2319

    You can have him.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/05/2018


  21. #21
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,940

    What timing. Grandy 1st and 3rd no outs. Does nothing. They end up with nothing.

  22. #22
    BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-12
    Posts: 8,702
    Betpoints: 1026

    The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    He's absolutely horrific as a manager.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

    Mejia is like 25 out of 28 in saves by the way. He isn't the problem at all.

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 187 pts


  23. #23
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 36,290
    Betpoints: 2319

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    He's absolutely horrific as a manager.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

    Mejia is like 25 out of 28 in saves by the way. He isn't the problem at all.


    No. What cost the Mets was an overall lack of talent in their everyday lineup.

    BennyBigIdiot.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/05/2018


  24. #24
    boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-11
    Posts: 1,501

    Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Mets will win next year if they play the young guys and sit Grandernothing but they wont.
    This team is pitching a defense they just dont want to see that yet
    Mets suck.. Have no hitters and can't score and can never beat the Braves or Nats... Keep dreaming....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: labones00

  25. #25
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 11,803
    Betpoints: 462

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    He's absolutely horrific as a manager.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

    Mejia is like 25 out of 28 in saves by the way. He isn't the problem at all.
    Mets have 20 blown saves this year. 6 behind the leader.

  26. #26
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Granderson is getting 60 mill. WTF are you suppose to do with him????? You're not giving him the season to work it out???

    Who do you want in right field instead??
    You have no clue Den decker and Newy have much more value than a 215 granderbay

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  27. #27
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    He's absolutely horrific as a manager.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

    Mejia is like 25 out of 28 in saves by the way. He isn't the problem at all.
    Mejia is third level Mets BP no more 15 of his last 19 1 inning stints he lets at least 2 guys get on ....yeah he is a luck box but they have much better talent then this dirty pig clown ...the move is trade him while he has value with those luck box saves also trade Duda its his career year which when you look at it ....isnt worth much

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  28. #28
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    When I went to the miami series one game they played Den Decker Lagarus and Newy in the OF Grandernothing sat like he should.
    Those 3 guys playing the OF cover more ground then any team going right now plus all have guns yeah they struggle hitting but given a full year I think they all hit over 260 we win with speed defense and pitching thats are game plus next year the BP is going to be a monster

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  29. #29
    BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-12
    Posts: 8,702
    Betpoints: 1026

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Granderson is getting 60 mill. WTF are you suppose to do with him????? You're not giving him the season to work it out???

    Who do you want in right field instead??
    Granderson is never going to be benched for the joke of a contract the MEts gave him.
    Nor will any team in baseball be willing to take him now.
    But what do they do need to do that Collins has refused to do all year until this past week is bat him 6th or 7th, where he belongs.
    You can't clog the 1-5 order in your lineup with a guy batting .210.
    Granderson needs less pressure and to be at the bottom of the lineup to even have a chance.
    He was always a terrible overrated player to begin with along with the famous fake numbers at Yankees stadiums joke of a park for home runs.
    The mets are the kings of awful contracts, this was just one more to add to the list.

    One thing that will help the mets next year is moving the fences in.
    They need to make that park more hitter friendly like the rest of MLB is doing.
    Too many guys on that team swinging out of their shoes with those deep fences there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 187 pts


  30. #30
    konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,600

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Granderson is never going to be benched for the joke of a contract the MEts gave him.
    Nor will any team in baseball be willing to take him now.
    But what do they do need to do that Collins has refused to do all year until this past week is bat him 6th or 7th, where he belongs.
    You can't clog the 1-5 order in your lineup with a guy batting .210.
    Granderson needs less pressure and to be at the bottom of the lineup to even have a chance.
    He was always a terrible overrated player to begin with along with the famous fake numbers at Yankees stadiums joke of a park for home runs.
    The mets are the kings of awful contracts, this was just one more to add to the list.

    One thing that will help the mets next year is moving the fences in.
    They need to make that park more hitter friendly like the rest of MLB is doing.
    Too many guys on that team swinging out of their shoes with those deep fences there.
    Worse thing they can possibly do
    Your team excells in the field let them run after balls
    Your team has a huge staff next year no one can argue that let them win 2-1 3-2 play baseball
    like it should be played once in a while pitch run defend
    Save the bloop and a blast for teams like Balt

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 1 pts


  31. #31
    labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-12
    Posts: 1,555
    Betpoints: 1071

    enough Mets talk already, stop overpaying guys

Top