Betpoints: 1679

Indiana wasn't on the list. other

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wisky Vs OSU in the big 10 title game.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

why have the poll if you cant see people's vote?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I voted for Ohio State because I do not think Michigan State or Wisconsin has enough on offense to defeat the Bucks.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Nebraska in a cakewalk
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PHLAK

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa

OptimistPrime

The heck, what is up with these people picking Nebraska, and Iowa. Just pure homerism?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    The heck, what is up with these people picking Nebraska, and Iowa. Just pure homerism?
    Iowa returns a lot of starters so they are a dark horse.

TwoWays

Nebraska is no dark horse. They are the favorite

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wisky is my pick......Melvin Gordon will be in the Heisman race IMO

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Michigan is gonna shock everybody!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

I vote Ohio st.

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    It probably has everything to do with SoS. Check it out...Iowa could start out 9-1 or 10-0:with momentum going in to last 2 games with nebraska and michigan st. Big 10 championship would be the struggle. IMHO

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Nebraska just lost 3 starters for the year on defense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

TheWest is tough. Iowa has the easiest schedule, but Ferentz is famous for under-achieving in these situations. He returned more starters last year than he does this year, yet he went 8-5. Since 2005, he has had one team with two losses and no team with less.

Nebraska did not have many starters returning on offense or defense, and now has lost two starters and two 2nd stringers on defense. Pelini is just as bad, if not worse, than Ferentz.

Wisconsin seems to have the best shot, but they have no passing game to speak of. I also wonder how much a loss to LSU will affect them for the rest of the year. Still, they probably have the best shot in the West,, but I can't see anyoone in the West defeating Michigan State or Ohio State.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

the safe pick is OHIO St based on 9 returning starters on D. they'll have the best D in the conf. Defense wins championships yes?

a mild sleeper is Michigan. winner of Michigan / Ohio St wins the B1G, i think.

the 3 posters who picked Wisky to win the conf have not done their HW. 8 starters lost on D. they are in trouble.

Mich St lost 6 key cogs on D. i don't trust their D this yr.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I think Michigan has zero chance of winning the Big 10+4. Hoke simply does not have it. If he does not win 9 games this season, Michigan should run him.

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Iowa and Mich St. Usually playveach other tough no matter the talent gap or the field. I could see Iowa pullingvan upset on them but not on Ohio st.

OptimistPrime

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    the safe pick is OHIO St based on 9 returning starters on D. they'll have the best D in the conf. Defense wins championships yes?

a mild sleeper is Michigan. winner of Michigan / Ohio St wins the B1G, i think.

the 3 posters who picked Wisky to win the conf have not done their HW. 8 starters lost on D. they are in trouble.

Mich St lost 6 key cogs on D. i don't trust their D this yr.
    Yes but Wisky will be in the Championship game with OSU. There is no one in Wisky's division that can challenge them this year. The defense was great last year, however the offense this year is what will carry the team. Melvin Gordon may be the best RB in the country, and they will be using him this year a-lot more in the passing game, and you got Chris Clement. These two both could average 100 yards per game easily. Its nuts that Gordon's YAC is 7. The QB situation is interesting. You got Stave who has a very strong arm, but really isn't going to run at all, and knows the offense pretty good. Then you got Mclevoy, who is defintly a running threat, however doesn't know the offense as well. I think Stave probably wins the starting job, I hope they use Tanner McEvoy in some situations though because his threat with the legs will just add anther dimension to the offense. Pretty much every Wisky fans want Tanner to start because he will add the same dyamnic to our offense that Wilson did. Just read about the practice that was held today Gary Anderson the coach pretty much said that its going to be a two qb style of play ""They're fighting and right now they both deserve to be able to have some playing time.""
    McEvoy was the starting safety last year, and the coaches finally let him compeat at QB full time which has really shown in the practices.

People talking about the SOS for Iowa. Look at Wiskys SOS, after they play LSU,. They don't play anybody in the top 30. Would be very surprised to see them lose more than 2 games this year.
    Look at wiskys SOS
    W.Illnois
    Bowling green
    S.FL
    @northwestern
    Illnois
    Maryland
    @rutgers
    @purdue
    Nebraska
    @iowa
    Minnesota
    @iowa will be a tough test, but really besides that I don't see any stand out games. They should be favored in every game after the LSU game if they remain healthy. Tanner really is the big question mark, and having him as the full time QB could really make this team into a very good team into a great team.
    Last edited by OptimistPrime; 08-11-14 at 02:02 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Wisky has no passing game at all. Stop the run and you have stopped Wisky. The Wisky defense is going to be something other than good this season. They are going to be weak right up the gut, having to replace their entire front 7 plus their Strong Safety. A loss to LSU really puts limitations on this team as far as the Playoffs are concerned. Ohio State can run rings around them. Michigan State is not too far behind. It is obvious that the winner of the Ohio State-Michigan State game will win the Big 10. The West really does not have a good team. Just teams with very soft schedules.

One other thing. There is no such thing as a "Great" Big 10+4 team. If the Big 10 champ ends up with the same record as the ACC, Pac 12, or SEC Champ, and only 3 can advance, the Big 10 champ loses that vote. The Big 10, along with the ACC, are very weak conferences, but the ACC has the defending NC, so if Florida State has 0 or 1 loss, they get in.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-12-14 at 11:54 AM.

TwoWays

Who is laughing at Nebraska now. That's right boys, total domination

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

IU 1-0 kids, watch OUT!

PHLAK
    PHLAK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

I am on Nebraska, the Ohio State fanboys are jumping ship now I imagine!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Who is laughing at Nebraska now. That's right boys, total domination

I am they will have 2-3 losses minnimum