FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Cavs gave up way too much for Love

Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st rounder in 2015?

Thats two #1 picks and a future first rounder for a guy who's never even made the playoffs. Love is obviously a proven player in the league but Wiggins ceiling was through the roof, add Bennett and the other first rounder on top and this is a shit deal. Wiggins could have set this team up for the future even after Lebron

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Agreed. All for a guy that's hasn't ever played in a playoff game.

What LeBron wants, LeBron gets.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Plus all they had to do was wait until season started and for minnesota to get desperate.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

So he is going to forget to play in the playoffs? That is nonsense, he has played great vs the best teams for a long time. What did they really give up, Bennet who at best will be a role player in the NBA, and Wiggins. Wiggins who will at least take a couple of years to develop even into a good nba player. You get back Kevin love who will sign a long term deal, a guy who if was on a winning team would be in contention for MVP. Not too many players can put up 25 pts and 20 rebounds in a game. Seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

since the cavs will have the best record in the east, 2015 1st round doesn't mean much.

bennett is probably one of the worst 1st overall picks in the history of nba.

the trade is basically wiggins for love. he's gonna be a star someday but this trade might be good for wiggins.

but imagine getting drafted 1st overall and gets tossed around like yesterday's newspaper...

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Love has not only missed the playoffs each season but he doesn't make his teammates better and each season has had problems with different players. He has no post game and is really a big with an excellent jump shot. Wiggins upside is off the charts and Bennet is a wild card who was given up on too early. Once Again LeBron proves to be full of crap saying that in going to Cleveland he's going to have to be patient with grooming the youth. The youth are gone now. Championship or bust just like in Miami. Waiters will be next to go I'm sure. Getting back to Love, great statistical player but that's really all he is at this point imo.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Love has not only missed the playoffs each season but he doesn't make his teammates better and each season has had problems with different players. He has no post game and is really a big with an excellent jump shot. Wiggins upside is off the charts and Bennet is a wild card who was given up on too early. Once Again LeBron proves to be full of crap saying that in going to Cleveland he's going to have to be patient with grooming the youth. The youth are gone now. Championship or bust just like in Miami. Waiters will be next to go I'm sure. Getting back to Love, great statistical player but that's really all he is at this point imo.
    Love doesn't need to make others around him better in Cleveland, LeBron does that. The Cavs now have a better big 3 than the one LeBron left in Miami. Love will fit this role much better than Bosh did as a knock down shooter who opens up driving lanes for LeBron and Kyrie. He will also still clean the glass. This deal was a no brainer for the Cavs in a win now league.
    Points Awarded:

STAX gave meader99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Love blows.. TWolves blew.. Cavs are fuggen idiots.

MN now has a chance to build.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

you gotta look at it like this and i'm not talking about 3-4 years ago.

if you were lebron would you rather play with bosh and wade, love and irving, or wiggins and irving?

c'mon people that's a no brainer.

OptimistPrime

Not understading at all how you can say 'love blows'

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

With the George injury you can just hand the East to the Cavs.

OptimistPrime

bulls will be a-lot better this year, if Rose is healthy they will be the only other contender.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Seen LJ in a Ohio against the world hat... Like it,
    Love is going to show y'all a thing or two.. watch...

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Seen LJ in a Ohio against the world hat... Like it,
    Love is going to show y'all a thing or two.. watch.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Don't we all

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

He'll play playoffs this year...who cares about playing in playoffs...don't make you good or bad....but yeah a bit too much to give up.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    Not understading at all how you can say 'love blows'
    He's got stats. That's it.

Not good in clutch.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st rounder in 2015?

Thats two #1 picks and a future first rounder for a guy who's never even made the playoffs. Love is obviously a proven player in the league but Wiggins ceiling was through the roof, add Bennett and the other first rounder on top and this is a shit deal. Wiggins could have set this team up for the future even after Lebron
    They didn't give up too much.

First, Bennett blows. And he's got a pretty significant long-term contract. And he blows. A net negative.
    Second, a late first round pick is not that huge. It's something, but not huge. Plus, Cleve has a bunch of picks. Meh.
    So let's call these first two a wash.
    Down to Love for Wiggins. Love is a proven superstar. Right now. Could Wiggins become as good, maybe even better. Maybe. Or maybe not. Cleve gets a sure superstar right now for a maybe superstar later.
    It's a no brainer.

I'm a Bulls fan. Wish this didn't happen. Still think Bulls can overcome Cleveland. But this makes Cavs much better, now.

terrenceross
    terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

agree

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

someone else posted this on twitter:
    "Kevin Love is just 1 of 8 players in NBA history to average 19ppg & 12rpg, the other 7 are all in the Hall of Fame"

But I do think Wiggins would have been a great fit with Lebron, would have liked to have seen that

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

wiggins and levine though.

these fukkers are athletic as hell.

phi slama jama 2.0

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Why does Bennett blow? I think he's got a lot of potential, he'll shock people in Minnesota. Wiggins will be one of the best NBA players in the next 5 years and this will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Love blows..
    You got a problem with a guy who gives you pretty much 20/12 every night?
    Tough crowd here.

Don't give me playoff shit either, the only way Love got to the playoffs with Ricky Rubio and Corey Brewer was if the Lord and Savior himself came down and jumped center, but He's been kind of busy lately with Middle East crap and such.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You got a problem with a guy who gives you pretty much 20/12 every night?
    Tough crowd here.

Don't give me playoff shit either, the only way Love got to the playoffs with Ricky Rubio and Corey Brewer was if the Lord and Savior himself came down and jumped center, but He's been kind of busy lately with Middle East crap and such.
    Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm in MN. I watch the TWolves and I don't see superstars. We'll see how he does in another system with more people demanding the ball.

It won't be his show in Cleveland ya know.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    Points Awarded:

STAX gave FlipsideRM 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

oden is due to injuries. the guy would've been a pretty good player.

what i'm saying is all the 1st overalls have made impacts in their rookie seasons. anthony bennet? not so much...

cowboy? i'm not bigay.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Why does Bennett blow? I think he's got a lot of potential, he'll shock people in Minnesota. Wiggins will be one of the best NBA players in the next 5 years and this will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.
    Everyone's got an opinion.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Thing I don't like about Bennett, is he came from UNLV, played in a crappy conference, where the NCAA talent level was low, he did not even play day in day out in the Big Ten's, ACC's of the world, Bennett did not compete against the better NCAA players, now all of of a sudden he's going to excel at the NBA level???

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I think the Cavs gave up too much, but I also think it was necessary... I'd be happy if I was a Minnesota fan.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Bennett ENh.....Wiggins...too early to tell....1st rounder in 2015....Who needs em ? lol......

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I mean not every player that appears they are going to be great is...and vice versa....
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Thing I don't like about Bennett, is he came from UNLV, played in a crappy conference, where the NCAA talent level was low, he did not even play day in day out in the Big Ten's, ACC's of the world, Bennett did not compete against the better NCAA players, now all of of a sudden he's going to excel at the NBA level???

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    If Kevin Love missed the playoffs what does that say about his teammates? Why on earth are Rubio and Martin getting a free pass? Rubio averaged 9.5 pts this year and is now asking for a max contract...LMAOOO!! Word has it, Minny is trying to deal him to the Pacers now...

Lebron missed the playoffs his first 3 seasons...does that mean Riley wasted his time pursuing Lebron to join Wade ? LOL...The jealousy over Lebron and this team is amusing...people are looking for reason after reason to bash him and anybody associated with him. Minnesota has proven to be an incompetent franchise....Love is indeed an asshole as he is a virgo like Kobe...and should not be airing team laundry in public...but why does Minny front office continue to get a free pass on why that franchise continues to loose year after year?

They were horrible long before Love got there and will continue to be horrible long after he is gone....If Garnet and Love could not save that franchise What on Gods polluted earth would convince you Wiggins will? LMAOOO....Kid has not played one single NBA game....Folks are trying to convince themselves that a Rookie with no NBA experience is a better choice in the short term over a proven Double Double in Kevin Love? Jesus Christ...LOL
    Last edited by Menses; 08-07-14 at 03:12 PM.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    With the George injury you can just hand the East to the Cavs.
    did you see how quick rose looks. chicago might win 65+

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    did you see how quick rose looks. chicago might win 65+
    Very well could. On paper they really look better and deeper than the 62-20 team.

123 Last