will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Jets Over 7.5 Wins (futures) is a STEAL!!!

Any thoughts on the Regular Season Wins?

You have to figure that they'll do better than their 8 wins of last season with a much improved football team. They ended the season on high note, knocking Miami out of the playoffs. How is this total 7.5 wins? This is as close to a guarantee over that you'll see.

Jets also did very well in the draft Jace Amaro is the real deal, the defense is tightening up, and as a longshot, I like Tajh Boyd(I'm a Twitter friend of his). Guy was great in college; has the skills to play at this level.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I thought so too and I bet a little on it... however I think it all depends on gino and perhaps more importantly how long they stick with him if he blows.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Big Jets fan. Feel the team is better but the first half of that schedule is brutal. Good luck.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

tell me how the jets dont start the season 2-9.

win: raiders bills
    loss: pack broncos bears lions chargers steelers pats chiefs bills

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

all the afc east teams are going to beat the sh1t out of each other. jets probably 6-10

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

If they win one more than the 2 you list theyll have to start out 3-8. That's one way they dont start out 2-9. There are a bunch of other possibilities, pm me if you wanna go over the numbers.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17596

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    If they win one more than the 2 you list theyll have to start out 3-8. That's one way they dont start out 2-9. There are a bunch of other possibilities, pm me if you wanna go over the numbers.

Or just post it here so that there is a discussion and people can see your reasoning in taking this bet.

EVEN if they steal one of those losses listed, they would STILL need to win their final 5 games, which includes another Patriots game. Not to mention that they'd have to sweep Miami.

For this bet to hit, they need at least 3-4 wins in the division.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This bet is just throwing money away, but this is what Jet fans excell at. Let me explain to you how things work. First, the Jets are nowheres NEAR "greatly Improved" compared to other theams who are also "Greatly Improved". Those statements are homer statements and mean nothing. Next, the schedule kills them. Here is a list of probable losses. Please feel free to tell us which one of these losses they can turn around:
    Away: Green Bay, San Diego, New England, Kansas City, Buffalo, Minnesota, Tennesse and Miami.

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Pitt, New England.

So that adds up to a 3-13 season. Now you need to win 8, so find me 5 more winners in that list. No homerism allowed.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-05-14 at 01:28 PM.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I'll play armchair quarterback:

First of all, the Jets will now have a running game with CJ2k and an added receiver with Decker. Plenty of new acquistions and a great draft. This team will impove in a major way while teams like Miami continue to stay in neutral and Tom Brady is a year older. Happy Birthday Tom. 37?!!!!

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
    2. at GB - 1-1 loss
    3. Chicago - 2-1 (at home)
    4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
    5. at SD 3-2 (winnable but a loss)
    6. Denver 3-3 loss possibly 4-2
    7.at New England 3-4 or 4-3 (Jets play NE well) (estimated record)
    8. Buffalo 4-4 or 5-3 WIN
    9. at KC 4-5 or 5-4 (winnable but probably a loss)
    10. Pittsburgh 5-5 or 6-4 (home game is a win)
    11.Bye
    12. at Buffalo 6-5 or 7-4 (should win)
    13.Miami -7-5 or 8-4 WIN (Jets have the mental edge after last season)
    14. at Minnesota 8-5 or 9-4 (Jets have the edge. Possible loss but I don't think so)
    15.at Tennessee 8-6 or 9-5 (Will win at least one game between Tenn and Minny (could even be a game better if they sweep)
    16. New England 9-6 or 10-5 (Jets and New England split )
    17. at Miami- 10-6 or 11-5 (Jets knocked Miami out of the playoffs. Huge game. Need to sweep and I say that they do) Win

Jets Record For 2014-2015 ----- either 10-6 or 11-5 ---No worse than 9 wins and a miracle to get to 12 but never say never

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post

First of all, the Jets will now have a running game with CJ2k and an added receiver with Decker. Plenty of new acquistions and a great draft. This team will impove in a major way while teams like Miami continue to stay in neutral and Tom Brady is a year older. Happy Birthday Tom. 37?!!!!

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
    2. at GB - 1-1 loss
    4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
    11.Bye
    14. at Minnesota 8-5 or 9-4 (Jets have the edge. Possible loss but I don't think so)
    15.at Tennessee 8-6 or 9-5 (Will win at least one game between Tenn and Minny (could even be a game better if they sweep)
    17. at Miami- 10-6 or 11-5 (Jets knocked Miami out of the playoffs. Huge game. Need to sweep and I say that they do) Win

Jets Record For 2014-2015 ----- either 10-6 or 11-5 ---No worse than 9 wins and a miracle to get to 12 but never say never

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets were outscored by about 100 pts last year but miraculously won 8 games. -100 differential usually means 4-12... I like the over 7.5 bet still though but not because of anything based off last season

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

7-9 at best

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
    2. at GB - 1-1 loss
    4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
    11.Bye

So you believe that the New York Jets, with probably the worst starting QB in the NFL, is going to go 7-1 at home (or even 8-0, if they beat the Broncos)?!! Get some rest, son......

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

6 games tops. 8 is absolute max with their current QB situation but wouldn't bet over 7.5 with monopoly money.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    So you believe that the New York Jets, with probably the worst starting QB in the NFL, is going to go 7-1 at home (or even 8-0, if they beat the Broncos)?!! Get some rest, son......
    I'm not your "son". Jets lose to Broncos. Look at the estimated records for each game. It's an estimate--- 10-6 or 11-5 -Jets will wn Miami and Buffalo and split with the Pats. That's 5 wins right there alone

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Same story every year....everyone thinks the Jets will be awful and they go ahead and surprise people and beat some teams they "shouldn't"

For all his bluster, Rex is a great motivator who fields a top notch defense game in and game out....That alone will keep the Jets in a bunch of close games no matter the opponent

Ill say 10-6

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

You have to figure that they'll do better than their 8 wins of last season with a much improved football team. They ended the season on high note, knocking Miami out of the playoffs. How is this total 7.5 wins? This is as close to a guarantee over that you'll see.

Any thoughts?

Jets also did very well in the draft Jace Amaro is the real deal, the defense is tightening up, and as a longshot, I like Tajh Boyd(I'm a Twitter friend of his). Guy was great in college; has the skills to play at this level.
    Depends. What line did you get?

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see it, they are an average team. I think the number is pretty fair. I would be shocked if they got 9 wins, but 8 wins i would say would be a very good season for the Jets. They have a terrible offense, one of the worst in the NFL. Their defense played better, and of course they got a good coach. But if you look at their division, every one in that division got better. The only way I can see them getting to 9 wins is if Vick is the starter and remains healthy all 16 games. Obviously Pats are better they are healthy, and from all reports Gronk is healthy, defense is better. Miami very young defense is getting better, and actualy has a healthy o-line, bills defense was top 10 last year, and offense making major improvements. Just don't see it for them.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

no way jets win in buffalo. lost 37-14 last season and bills got better.

when's the last time jets swept the dolphins?

wouldnt surprise me if pats sweep the jets.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

People will be surprised.....Many people don't take Rex seriously but the guy is a very good head coach and the players go all out for him

lots of competition right now and young talent on the roster....

we we can come back to this thread I'm pretty confident in this years squad

redtagboys
    redtagboys's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will this team have chemistry? if one major role player is injured, is it a big dent to the squad? It is not easy playing Buffalo and Miami at home. Jets beat Miami, barely. That was because 75% of the money was on the Dolphins, and also because Miami needed to lose in order to allow San Diego into the playoffs due to the fact that the current superbowl trend was the first team to play Philly at a home opener won the superbowl the last 4 years in a row. That stat was than crushed by the Broncos, feeding Vegas more money. There's a reason why that 7.5 was deciphered, Jets aint got the girth this year 5-11, 6-10 this year.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

yeah agreed here....7.5 would be playing the under myself, they will be improved, yes...but that schedule...yikes!

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Jets have defense to consistently beat teams in trouble.

But the Jets are insisting upon starting a quarterback who has no business as an NFL starter (they let Sanchez stink up the joint for 5 years - Geno gets at least 3) so view their offense as something that, like last year, will start to go wrong in preseason.

I doubt playoffs, but 8 wins is a live bet because their D alone should win 6-7 games.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

I don't get all this Geno is the worst QB in football talk. He was a rookie with arguably the worst offensive talent in the NFL last year. Am I saying he is Pro Bowl caliber ? No. But can we give him another year before we label him a bust? Not many QB were going to put up big numbers with the talent he had last year.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    People will be surprised.....Many people don't take Rex seriously but the guy is a very good head coach and the players go all out for him

lots of competition right now and young talent on the roster....

we we can come back to this thread I'm pretty confident in this years squad
    rex is a penetrating idiot! Great defensive coordinator but knows shit about offense or managing a game and is no way a great head coach. J-E-T-S organization is spelled DYSFUNCTION! BTW, easy to have a great defense when Reavis shuts down everyone's top receiver, didn't fare to well last year without him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Personally I like NYJ and the way they are built which starts with a monster defense and is a must to be considered a contender.....and at the very least should get you to .500. The one obvious problem and the giant elephant in the room is QB play. I would not want either of these clowns guiding my team both are turnover machines and neither capable of being a top tier level QB in this league. That said Eli, Flacco, and Wilson not top notch guys either and all wearing rings thanks to a little luck and defense! If the two headed clown posse at QB can keep from turning the ball ov at a high rate I don't think 9/10 wins is outta the question.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    rex is a penetrating idiot! Great defensive coordinator but knows shit about offense or managing a game and is no way a great head coach. J-E-T-S organization is spelled DYSFUNCTION! BTW, easy to have a great defense when Reavis shuts down everyone's top receiver, didn't fare to well last year without him.
    Square post right here

Rex had rookie Geno, zero starting WRs and a bunch of young no names on defense and got them to 8-8

But he's not a good head coach....Get a clue

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Also I guess the book is already written on a QB who shouldn't have even been starting as a rookie who had zero playmakers on the outside??

Not saying he will be great but he finished the season really strong and looks night and day in training camp compared to last season at this time

Sometimes young QBs gain confidence and improve...imagine that concept

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    I don't get all this Geno is the worst QB in football talk. He was a rookie with arguably the worst offensive talent in the NFL last year. Am I saying he is Pro Bowl caliber ? No. But can we give him another year before we label him a bust? Not many QB were going to put up big numbers with the talent he had last year.
    Seems obvious but some people just don't get it and probably never will

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

As a jets fan, my expecations are always very low. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

MLD I go back to college when evaluating Geno and just not impressed. He made his mark and got his name in the Heisman conversation for one fleeting moment thanks to that huge gm against Baylors non-existent defense. Vs teams that year that would punch you in the mouth, throw different schemes and disguise coverage at times he struggled mightily. Just think he's a mental midget who's soft and has a soft face....basically the dude looks like a pussy to me who only thrives when things are easy or going his way lol.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I disagree that hes soft...He bounced back and finished the last 4 games really strong when he could have folded up shop....Also he's done everything he can to improve this season and has looked a lot better in mini camp and training camp just running the offense and becoming a leader of the team

He also put up somethin like 42 tds with only 6 ints his last yet in college so can't say it was one game

Hey maybe he won't ever pan out but to act like it's set in stone is dead wrong, give the guy a chance to prove it...He should be better than he was last season by default with the addition of Decker,Chris Johnson, and Amaro

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hey I'm not rooting against the guy just think for now anyway he's on the fringe of the 2nd tier Qb and the bottom feeder list that's expendable every Sunday. He could make some huge strides this season now that he has weapons if he protects the football better. If he can make that happen it should settle the debate at Qb in NY and this team could get to 10 wins and a wildcard birth.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Square post right here

Rex had rookie Geno, zero starting WRs and a bunch of young no names on defense and got them to 8-8

But he's not a good head coach....Get a clue
    NO he is not a Head coach!! He is a very good defensive coordinator, that's what he is. Doesn't have a clue about offense and managing the game and is always drafting defensive players. Has no playmakers the last few years and still talks about how great his defense is which has been sub par the last two years with all world Reavis gone. Some guys are great coordinators who can't handle being a head coach. Norv Turner another example. Just my thoughts. Funny they almost fired Rex but Woody likes the drama and attention Rex brings, so they got rid of the GM. Year before Rex wanted the Miami coach for his offensive coordinator so they can ground and pound, didn't work out very well.i guess you are right I just don't get it. Will be interesting season.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Stop dreaming JETS fans. No wonder you lose so much money in Vegas. The schedule KILLS you. The Bears are a much better team than the jets are. They really improved during the off season. They have things that the Jets do not have, like a QB. They can score points. You conviently forget that the Jets lost 4 out of 5 games when it counted. They were 4-3 at the time, and crashed to 5-7. Their season was over. Nothing else mattered. They managed to beat Oakland, Cleveland, and Miami, three teams that dod NOT make the playoffs. Carolina put 30 on that alleged great defense. They did go to the playoffs. This season the Jets, who cannot defeat playoff bound teams, play 6. Also thinking that the Jets can beat Pitt is a total joke. Thinking that the Jets will win one game between Minny and Tennessee is nothing more than wishful thinking. Then you have the Jets at 5-1 in the AFC East. That is about the silliest thing I have heard about the Jets this season. The JETS are LOSERS. Get used to it. Ryan had a great 2010, but has gone 22-26 since then S/U.

123 Last