will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Tim Brown Over Andre Reed Any Day of the Week

I'm not going to list the statistics, but Tim Brown has more yards, 1000 yards seasons ,receiving touchdowns, and all-purpose yards. The one major thing that makes Brown better is that he did it without a legitimate quarterback. He still will get in the hall of fame, but he should already be in the hall of fame.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Soxsfan9

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I agree Brown was better, but Rich Gannon wasn't a legit QB? He led the league in passing yards in 2002.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill take Reed any day... Hes unstoppable on Tecmo Super Bowl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Close call

Brown had more talent though

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

brown bye far the better WR

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Brown is one of the best all time. His career was overshadowed by playing at the same time as Jerry Rice. Tim Brown is a top 5 reciever of all timr in my opinion. Gannon was only there a few years as well.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Brown will be in HOF, Top 5 WR

STAX

Top 5 WR of all time?? Got to be kidding me... Rice, Moss, TO, Largent, Calvin all blow him out of the water. I could probably name 5 more better, and another 10 just as good. He's top 20.... maybe

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Top 5 WR of all time?? Got to be kidding me... Rice, Moss, TO, Largent, Calvin all blow him out of the water. I could probably name 5 more better, and another 10 just as good. He's top 20.... maybe
    With all due respect, you're absolutely bat shit crazy if you think he's maybe top 20. I can see being iffy on him in the top 5 or even top 10 but he's easily top 20.

It's tough to rank but top 20 no doubt and without looking he's in my 10, absolutely.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I agree Sidney Rice is top 5 easy

STAX

Jerry Rice
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens
    Calvin Johnson
    Chris Carter
    Michael Irvin
    Steve Largent
    James Lofton
    Paul Warfield
    Charlie Joyner
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Andre Johnson
    Brandon Marshall
    Torry Holt
    Raymond Berry
    Don Maynard
    Fred Bilitnikoff
    Bob Hayes
    Andre Reed
    Marvin Harrison

11 guys in bold are without a doubt better than Tim Brown... the other 9 are in the same sentence... so yeah borderline top 20

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Terrell Owens
    I stopped reading after this

Cuse0323

Man, that's crazy. Tim Brown continues to be one of the most underrated of all-time. Better numbers than more than half that list with rarely anyone decent throwing to him. Torry Holt?

Brown has over 1K receptions and 100 TD's...if you think that's borderline top 20 then there's no reason even debating.

Cuse0323

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...at-numbers-but

Look at his QB's. He's better than Irving as well. Mike had Emmitt and Troy...shit even Novacek to free things up.

The fact that Tim put up the numbers he did is crazy really when it was him and no one else.

STAX

Terrell Owens is easily a top 5 WR of all time... Tim Brown couldnt hold Michael Irvin's jock. It isnt all about numbers either. I didnt include any of the Steeler WRs either (Swann, Stallworth, Ward).

Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss.

Tim Brown was good, maybe even great, but was never the best WR in the league, never even really in the top 3 any year he played. He had a good, long career. He is probably somewhere between 15-20, but it is without a doubt debatable

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Was Andre Reed in Tecmo Super Bowl? QB Bills to Andre Reed!!! Yeah Boy!!!!!!

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Tim brown is great but he was in the league a long time and people might say he was just a stat filler and he didn't put any of the teams over the hump into the superbowl but everyone has an opinion on one side or the other

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Was Andre Reed in Tecmo Super Bowl? QB Bills to Andre Reed!!! Yeah Boy!!!!!!
    QB "Makin' the bills" Bills to Andre Reed 120 yards in the air, bread and butter play

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Crabtree is better

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Like the op mentioned aside from his receiving #'s which were amazing he was special teams as well. When he retired Brown was 2nd behind Rice in all the major receiving categories and aside from a great but short run with Gannon did it with a platoon of cast-off secondary QB's so put that in your pipe and smoke it! Imagine what could have been if he was in Frisco with Montana /Young most of his career!! Also a true professional and teammate which at the wideout spot these days anyhow is getting harder to come by. Anyone that thinks guys like Owens , Moss, Chad Johnson should get in before Brown step up and let me smack the stupid out of your mouth.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Another thing about Brown that seperates him from most is he would run ANY route and was a tremendous route runner. Guys like Moss were more of a freak athlete but the dude only ran go routes over the top and was not a great all around polished receiver. The other knock on Brown was never helping a team win a ring but that certainly had nothing to do with him! Btw how many rings do Carter, Johnson, Moss, Owens have? Oh yeah zero!!