Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    I always noticed that NBA hoops have tons of crap near the landing spot. You always see guys crashing into cameramen and other things. Should be totally cleared out, surprised more collisions dont happen.

Tough to watch this.
    Yep, maybe this will wake up the NBA and get all the clutter, cameras, etc. away from behind the basket. Granted, this was different as it was closer than normal but there's too much shit on the sidelines. These are the biggest, strongest, fastest athletes in the world and they should never have to worry about slowing down to not run into something or just worrying in general about things outside of the court.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

poor paul george. that was a nasty. might be worse than anderson silva's break..

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

nasty

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So what happens to Paul George's contract since this happened during an exhibition non NBA related?
    Why would anything happen to his contract. If playing USA ball endangered their contracts I guarantee no one would play.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Why would anything happen to his contract. If playing USA ball endangered their contracts I guarantee no one would play.
    That is what i figured, but I remember some owners saying that their players shouldn't be competing in these events because it was all risk and no reward.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

That is what i figured, but I remember some owners saying that their players shouldn't be competing in these events because it was all risk and no reward.
    pretty sure Cuban banned them but not sure

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I saw the picture. I damn sure ain't watching the video. Yuck. Praying for him and a speedy recovery. Shit that sucks. How the hell can they have those stanchions so close? Nerlins Noel busted his knee on the same type of shit. I'm surprised more guys aren't hurt by cameras and chairs so close to the floor. It reminds me of the UH wide receiver who almost had his leg ripped off by a equipment cart in the end zone. WTF people. Get the shit off the field.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    pretty sure Cuban banned them but not sure
    Maybe he was one of the ones that i was thinking about.

It's ballsy letting your franchise investment take part in anything sports related other than what you are paying him to.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I saw the picture. I damn sure ain't watching the video. Yuck. Praying for him and a speedy recovery. Shit that sucks. How the hell can they have those stanchions so close? Nerlins Noel busted his knee on the same type of shit. I'm surprised more guys aren't hurt by cameras and chairs so close to the floor. It reminds me of the UH wide receiver who almost had his leg ripped off by a equipment cart in the end zone. WTF people. Get the shit off the field.
    I was wondering the same thing. You are used to playing a certain way your entire professional career and then the layout is changed up to something that you are unfamiliar with.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

If he never plays again on that leg at least he can get a supplemental income doing commercials for I dunno ..."IHOP"

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Maybe he was one of the ones that i was thinking about.

It's ballsy letting your franchise investment take part in anything sports related other than what you are paying him to.
    This from 2012 http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/20...-the-olympics/

Hard to find anything on the subject
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Did everyone forget about the health status of parlaying? George got the best docs and his crew. Parlayer only got us. He is still missing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

Kermit

I blame the USAB for the placement of that cushion on the base. George is landing where he is anticipating there to be space he is used to, and there is not.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I blame the USAB for the placement of that cushion on the base. George is landing where he is anticipating there to be space he is used to, and there is not.
    im gonna sue USAB as I have been mentally distressed due to this event. seems like worse cases have won

Kermit

Surprise surprise....

Windhorst also said that the NBA deemed the Thomas & Mack Center unfit for a team and major NBA events because of its compact nature. There's little room for maneuverability with the basket in order to increase player safety.

Kermit

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kidcudi92, and Mac4Lyfe

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

USA in a lot of trouble now Davis and Durant the only good players left.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No shit I thought to myself that the base looked way too close, and it looked like he had to pull up awkwardly

Kevin Ware injury also happened because the court was on one of those fukkin raised floors.....He had to also pull up mid air to avoid flying over the floor....which caused the awkward landing/pressure

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Surprise surprise....

Windhorst also said that the NBA deemed the Thomas & Mack Center unfit for a team and major NBA events because of its compact nature. There's little room for maneuverability with the basket in order to increase player safety.

yep they've(the T & M center) have never been allowed to play an ACTUAL NBA game there cause of this stupid shit

but apparently its fine to have top league stars play there cause i mean that couldn't hurt the league at all...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

that's fukking worse than playing at ymca. i'm surprised more injuries don't happen in that gym. that's crazy stupid imo...

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    USA in a lot of trouble now Davis and Durant the only good players left.
    Usa's under 18 squad would still probably beat every country out there, i pretty sure they will be fine and that is the least of their concerns right now.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

btw it was confirmed he has a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula and god knows what other ligaments he tore. There is no way he is playing this season, Ind will keep him out and try for a top 5 pick so only good part for Indiana fans is that part. I question if he will ever be the same players, it's rare for someone to suffer this injury and be the player we was before so i feel bad for him, but at least his contract is guarantee,

Cuse0323

Surprise surprise....

That's fcked it was that close.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Bigtime lawsuit coming from this?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Bigtime lawsuit coming from this?
    yep from me, I want 3 years league minimum salary for my emotional distress.

Cuse0323

That's less room than HS gyms, and with the best in the world playing. Too big and fast for no space behind the hoop. Freak accident that could have been avoided. These dudes can jump so high now, lots of injuries from high flyers. Guys that play below the rim seem to last longer, play more games.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    btw it was confirmed he has a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula and god knows what other ligaments he tore.
    the only concern right now is to save his leg. they should know within the next 72 to 96 hours if that's possible. there is zero discussion about whether he'll be able to play basketball again, no one involved with the situation expects anything or even cares about that.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

bottom line everything is pure speculation at this point

other than PG having a very very fukked up leg

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    the only concern right now is to save his leg. they should know within the next 72 to 96 hours if that's possible. there is zero discussion about whether he'll be able to play basketball again, no one involved with the situation expects anything or even cares about that.
    same shit happend to kevin ware and anderson silva
    they both were fine, paul george will be fine
    dude will be walking around within a month

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I used to play ball and i can tell you, Paul George AS WE KNOW HIM is done. That leg will never be as strong as it once was. He could easily hurt himself again when he comes back and he won't have the confidence to play 100% full out effort, that's just mental. Physically i really feel like he has an uphill battle with that injury....it will be a miracle if he plays even 1 game next season. Trust me on this, i will never post on SBR again if he plays 1 game next season.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    I used to play ball and i can tell you, Paul George AS WE KNOW HIM is done. That leg will never be as strong as it once was. He could easily hurt himself again when he comes back and he won't have the confidence to play 100% full out effort, that's just mental. Physically i really feel like he has an uphill battle with that injury....it will be a miracle if he plays even 1 game next season. Trust me on this, i will never post on SBR again if he plays 1 game next season.
    ball at what level?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

what a sad story

well at least he is rich and has a whole healthy life to live

I doubt he will ever be the same

Indy is officially worst team in NBA

Mac4Lyfe

I've heard doctors that treat athletes say that that type of break can be healed, rehabbed to be stronger than what it was before. Because it's a clean break, when it heals, extra bone, cartilage, etc., will grow around it making it stronger.

I have no clue if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post

Mac4Lyfe

What's even worst is how fukking close the chairs on the sideline are. I'm always surprised more guys aren't injured jumping over chairs on the damn court. Move that shit back 10 feet. I know they want to cram as many people as they can and charge top $$ for front row seats but that is ridiculous. If a guy get's his leg stuck under one of those chairs, it could get ripped off the bone with someone sitting in it. WTF???

Surprise surprise....

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Read that he is likely out for the entire 2014-2015 season.

First 12345 Last