homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Tennessee still has a lot to prove before they are considered one of the SEC's powerhouse teams. They're recruiting well and on paper have more talent than Utah State but QB play means a whole lot on game day and Utah State has a "huge" advantage here. Utah State is gonna score points. This will be a close game.
    Yes it should be close hence the 6 or 6.5 line depending on where u shop. I lean tenn minus 6 but don't like it enough to bet

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Qb play is important. But how can u put money on Utah st with guy coming off acl surgery. His mobility is what makes him dangerous. Utah st runs many run-pass options.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

tennessee wins big

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    tennessee wins big
    Tenn has questionable offensive pieces and a very questionable OLine. Utah St boasts some strong DLs/LBs. Unless the Vols get pick 6s, this isn't gonna be a blowout.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Tenn has questionable offensive pieces and a very questionable OLine. Utah St boasts some strong DLs/LBs. Unless the Vols get pick 6s, this isn't gonna be a blowout.
    or a fumble return for 6 or special teams plays like punt returns and ko rerurns etc

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Utah State has few, if any strong defensive linemen. The secondary took a major hit, with only Sr. Safety Bruan Suite returns. Where do you read this stuff, or do you just dream this up? Now I am not saying that Utah State will not cover, but I believe that they will not win. We are NOT talking about a weak MWC opponent here. We are talking Tennessee. Last season Utah State was much better than this year's team and they still could not defeat a "Power 5" Conference team or BYU.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Jones gonna have the Volvs ready for this I promise you that

beech630
    beech630's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I'm with ya James. Keeton is stronggggggg. Tennessee has a brand new coaching staff and questions at qb. Couple stops for Utah state easily will cover and hopefully win!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by beech630 View Post
    I'm with ya James. Keeton is stronggggggg. Tennessee has a brand new coaching staff and questions at qb. Couple stops for Utah state easily will cover and hopefully win!
    do yourself a favor and stay off the game. Tennessee staff has been with them since last year so this is year two of butch Jones regime. Teams tend to be much more comfy in year 2 of a regime and it usually shows on the field

beech630

How long has Utah states staff been there? How reliable is the quarterback for Tennessee? How. Many points a game has Tennessee scored against teams outside the sec the past 5years? Ill gladly take 7 points.

homie1975

How long has Utah states staff been there? How reliable is the quarterback for Tennessee? How. Many points a game has Tennessee scored against teams outside the sec the past 5years? Ill gladly take 7 points.
    you said tenn has a new coaching staff. that is incorrect. so i responded

LY tenn vs non sec opponents scored 45, 52, and 31

2012 vs non sec oppon they scored 35, 51, and 47

etc

etc

do you follow CFB?

beech630

Nope I like tennis. But I'm gonna take 7 and cash. Butch Jones will be back to mediaocracy soon enough just like Cooley

homie1975

Nope I like tennis. But I'm gonna take 7 and cash. Butch Jones will be back to mediaocracy soon enough just like Cooley
    you mean dooley not cooley. i hope you already took 7 because it's 6.5 now. i've studied both teams and given keeton coming off the acl surgery and the utah st offense only returning 3 starters and the D only 5, i would take tenn -6.5 or no play at all. i might tease it but right now i have no play on the side except "take tennessee minus 6.5 if forced"

good luck

homie1975

btw, butch jones has won everywhere he has been, which happens to be in the footsteps of brian kelly at quite a few places, but butch is a very, very good FB coach

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Not this year pal

beech630

Dooley has won in the past too, La. Tech etc. I don't think Tennessee is ready for Keeton man that's what it comes down to for me. All signs so far say he looks great coming off the injury but we ll see come late August. Ill buy it up to 7 if it doesn't move up by then

homie1975

Good luck beech I don't have a dog in the fight so I hope u win

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Keeton and Utah State will not be intimidated by the stadium or crowd.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

It's always fun to see how people argue over your team (TN guy here). Taking my orange lenses out of my shades, I would strongly recommend staying away from this one. Way too many unknowns on our side. While we are excited about the fresh, young talent, they are simply unknown. I would say Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone and and Von Pearson (JUCO) are close to "sure things" but you still never know. I do like the chances if our offense can click. It will likely be Justin Worley at QB and while he is not a big talent, he can move the ball, especially with these new (and old weapons like North and Pig). We are replacing both lines as well as others have mentioned.

While I don't think UT St is necessarily intimidated coming in, it is going to be loud. A night game in Knoxville when the crowd is rev'd up should make it difficult on them at times whether they are intimidated or not. And if it's humid, I can see them getting run down quicker than our players.

I do believe that we will struggle mightily against a player like Keeton (if he is as good as he was pre ACL injury).

Given all this, I am staying far, far away from this one. I think we could absolutely win by 3 TDs or lose by a TD.

Hope this helps.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    James---where you from?
    Not sure I would rush in on early games like this. I'd expect the Vols to do a lot of running and depth over Ags on the line could be the key. Keeton may be the real deal but USU coach may not want him overexposed early in the season. I recommend Vols minus 6, buy a pt at minus 7. USU will need to establish balance with run game and that will slow things down. Could be a close one. Vols depth may not show up till near end of game

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

I have seen a couple of people mention our depth. Gang, we are far from a team with depth. No idea where that's coming from.

Briefcase
    Briefcase's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Tennessee -6 is my largest bet for opening week. Also hammered Utah State under 9 season wins and at Tennessee will be the first of their many losses this season.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

It all boils down to this. Utah State loses just about everyone on offense this season including 4 out of 5 on the line. Their defense also lost many starters, and the secondary and line will need a lot of work.

Tennessee is in a similar position. They lose all 5 starters on their OL, but return their QB and two WR's. Their defense also needs to replace the entire front line.

The big difference between these two teams is that Utah State plays in the very poor MWC, while Tennessee plays in the very good SEC. If Tennessee cannot win this game, it is going to be a long, miserable year for HC Butch Jones.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Briefcase View Post
    Tennessee -6 is my largest bet for opening week. Also hammered Utah State under 9 season wins and at Tennessee will be the first of their many losses this season.
    Just who, other than Tennessee, BYU, and Boise State do you see Utah State losing to?

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

get real now...Tenn blew out (52-20) WKU at home ly with Bobby Petrino running a top 40 offense, beat (31-24) USA at home, who was 8-4 ly...Tenn blew a 31-7 lead in that game, so basically dominated, they beat South Carolina at home (23-21) and actually knocked Connor Shaw out of the game, Shaw is a similar style QB and very similar size/weight (i think Shaw is much better than Keeton)...and they almost beat Georgia with Aaron Murray (34-31 L)...that was all in year 1 of Butch Jones

Tenn will be fine for this game, Butch Jones needs good wins in these type of games to continue to help the recruiting.

aaron2406
    aaron2406's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6140

Vols by probably 14, Wide Receiver U.

BSJ
    BSJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 671

Tennessee covers this one easily

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Just who, other than Tennessee, BYU, and Boise State do you see Utah State losing to?
    I think csu at hm beats them. Bulk of csu bowl team returns

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Tenn coaching staff now in 2nd year Chuckie missed a lot recovering from major knee surgery ill be rusty......... Vols will pound/run the ball down their throats........ Do you not think the coaching staff has been sowing highlights of last years Auburn game to the players???? Vols win big and easy.........

homie1975

The Utah State game where they nearly beat auburn was at least 2 maybe 3 years ago but yes the tenn coaching staff has no doubt referenced it

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    The Utah State game where they nearly beat auburn was at least 2 maybe 3 years ago but yes the tenn coaching staff has no doubt referenced it
    You re 10%orrt that is what happens when you write posts after a night out on South Beach..............

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What you Tennessee homers fail to realize is the fact that Tennessee has no starters returning on the offensive line, and that means major problems trying to run the ball. The lack of a quality RB does not help matters. Tennessee is going to have to get the ball to their talented WR's and that means throwing the ball. Utah State has no offense to speak of at all, just like Tennessee. This is a game that is simplynot worth playing. Tennessee is at best, a 6-6 team from the SEC, and Utah State is probably a 9-3 team from the much inferior MWC.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tennessee would be kicked out of the SEC if they lost to this podunk team.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Tennessee would be kicked out of the SEC if they lost to this podunk team.
    Bear. Did you not post this recently? "First of all i want to say Fukk College Football. I am strictly NFL this year. Aint got time to handicapp 2 leagues." Keep your worthless tail OUT of the college football thread. You are the worst 'capper in here. For once in your worthless, lying life, keep your word. Do what you said you were going to do.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Bear forgot more than you will ever actually know BigdaddyQH!.

First 12345 Last