jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Opie comparing who beats who is very square

We are not a top 20 team period

Opie its why your buried in sportsbetting as your ways are just flat out BASIC

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

2nd best at soccer, best in the world at everything else.

Well said opie.

We win again.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    US change the terminology football to soccer and they call their own fukin game football... I rest my case... and btw their own football doesn't use foot except punt...
    It isn't just the US who don't call soccer football.

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    2nd best at soccer, best in the world at everything else.

Well said opie.

We win again.

Yeah, your health care, education system and economy are the envy of the planet....

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

F*ck sake,I thought you guys were joking for a minute,did you not see how many shots Belguim had on Howard,he had to play out of his freakin mind to even keep the States in the game,imagine if he were so average goal tender it could have ended up being a blowout like the German and Brazil game. Second best team in the tournament,thats why they were 250/1 odds I see.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It isn't just the US who don't call soccer football.
    Only other country is Canada

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

After that US performance and knowing it was without Altidore, I would like guys (or gals) like Merkel to tell me the 15 teams better than the USA. That's beyond insane. But please, list them. JJ, that means you too, since you said "not even top 20"

You guys are a joke and I want you to put it in writing to show us to what degree

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Brazil lost two guys and all of a sudden couldn't score or defend. USA lost some guys and still beat Portugal and didn't get embarrassed by anyone. We certainly used more brains putting together a team than Brazil did

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

redtagboys
    redtagboys's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stupidest post I've seen in a while, your gonna call a 0-0 game against the germans enough to consider USA second best in the world. On a day that it was pouring rain and the germans and americans needed a tie to both advance into the second leg, to screw Portugal incase they won. Two german coaches who both knew what was up, and what they had to do. Means Germany Is good enough to control the outcome of the game, cause they had a ton of chances to score.

Total Semi-Finals 10/20 GP 33 W-8 T-6 L-19 GF-37 GA-62 <<<-- Those stats makes you consider them as second best
    Cause you played the world champs 0-0.... Are the Dallas Mavericks second best in the west because they played San Antonio to game 7 in the NBA playoffs and almost beat them..

Not gonna lie USA will be sick in 2018, I hope so with 455 million residence, maybe bring in some new players cause MLS is pathetic soccer

redtagboys

Quote Originally Posted by Merkel View Post
    Yeah, your health care, education system and economy are the envy of the planet....
    LOL, all 3 are pathetic

redtagboys

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    After that US performance and knowing it was without Altidore, I would like guys (or gals) like Merkel to tell me the 15 teams better than the USA. That's beyond insane. But please, list them. JJ, that means you too, since you said "not even top 20"

In no order, just the teams I can name

Germany, mexico, Belgium, Greece, spain, Uruguay, England, Italy, Switzerland, france, chile, costa rica, Sweden, bosnia, ivory coast, Nigeria. 90 percent of these teams would fart in the States mouth. Not saying your a bad team just don't consider yourself the best after the first time you watched a world cup or a international game u close minded tards

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Only other country is Canada
    Well if you don't count Australia, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and probably 15 or 20 more. Maybe even double that if we start adding every Pacific Island nation come to think.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Russian soccer is worse than USA soccer. no one goes and its played on nasty looking fields in sleet.
    Plenty of world league statuses are fluctuating. people over seas rant and rave about the EPL, which gets credit because it is more physical than some of the other leagues. In reality Chelsea and Man U are fading, Man city is taking over that league and the rest of the teams suck.

There's just good, exciting players it seems and their speckled throughout the leagues both in the Americans and Europe/Asia. At least in the USA this is all relatively new to us and there's the excitement that comes with that. We don't look at the U.S as perennial losers but rather have hope for the future and we don't have decades of short comings and mental torment that maybe some of the other fan bases have around the world.
    I'm not saying the US has the best soccer because obviously it doesn't..I'm merely playing devils advocate here but to call someone tards for feeling good about the U.S team is a little crazy. Especially when there are crappy teams in every league. I'm sure Seattle Sounders could hang with other clubs and the fan base up there is just as rabid.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by redtagboys View Post
    In no order, just the teams I can name

Germany, mexico, Belgium, Greece, spain, Uruguay, England, Italy, Switzerland, france, chile, costa rica, Sweden, bosnia, ivory coast, Nigeria. 90 percent of these teams would fart in the States mouth. Not saying your a bad team just don't consider yourself the best after the first time you watched a world cup or a international game u close minded tards

Easily the most out of touch post of the year. I'm being nice by saying it that way.

We won CONCACAF and 2 of its teams are better than US?

England and Italy out in group stage. Costa Rica dominated Uruguay. Greece? You sir are a joke.

Switzerland, Belgium and France are the only teams that MIGHT be better (of the above), and even those are nip and tuck.

I never considered the USA the best, never said that, never even suggested it. What I DID say was that there very few teams that if better were barely better. That's a fact.

Did you actually watch the tournament? Just qualifying to round of 16 from the Group of Death would put you in the top 10 if you didn't watch it.

Clown city here from people claiming they know anything. Go check my threads and all the winners I had this world cup, son

I know way more than you and it can be proved. I've even forgotten more than you know.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

It's nice to wake up being american and knowing that you are objectively better than 99% of the world population.

Merkel

You guys are a joke and I want you to put it in writing to show us to what degree

This is a pointless and moot thread, mainly because you are stuck in your delusion and no listing of rational arguments will make a difference. I don't have the desire or time to write an article on why the US team is not top 15 globally. I think that would have been fairly obvious. The only part of the team that is top notch is the coach, and even he made crucial mistakes this WC. And no, I'm not German (or female).

Merkel

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    It's nice to wake up being american and knowing that you are objectively better than 99% of the world population.
    When on crack, one believes fanciful things.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

So I think we can all agree that Canada is the 110th best soccer team in the world tied with Bahrain.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    So I think we can all agree that Canada is the 110th best soccer team in the world tied with Bahrain.
    Don't sell yourself short. Canada is actually #3 right behind #2 USA but not far away from #1 North Korea!

packerd_00

And yet the States couldn't even get through the first rd of the knockout stages,im not bagging on the States but for people to boast about the US being the second best team because what they lost 1-0 to Germany is beyond ignorant.

packerd_00

Well if you don't count Australia, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and probably 15 or 20 more. Maybe even double that if we start adding every Pacific Island nation come to think.
    What does Ireland call it.

redtagboys

Greece is a sick defensive squad who can give USA a great match up. Yea you won some plays on World cup, respect. So did I, No chance you know more than me, I play CSL soccer and have played international friendlies in the states, Paraguay, and Argentina for Boca Juniors tournament, so I would say I have extensive knowledge in the game of soccer and the way teams approach the game/teams they are matched up. Not bashing your knowledge just rattled at this post that was made in the first place.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

If you go to UK.. England Scotland Ireland and Wales when you mention Soccer they will laugh at you...they think you are retarded.. same as you telling people you r speaking American but not English...wise up and wake the Fuk up...

Jcole94
    Jcole94's Avatar Become A Pro!

They lost 1-0. By this logic Ghana is the 2nd best because they drew 2-2 and Argentina and Algeria both got to extra time. So even with your faulty logic they aren't 2nd best they are 5th best which is still too high lol

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun

If Ronaldo didn't score that last goal US would be outside looking in ...

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    If Ronaldo didn't score that last goal US would be outside looking in ...
    ...If Wondolowski scores from point blank in last minute against Belgium...ifs and buts. Can't you knuckleheads see you're being trolled? And for all the butt-hurt purists crying about America stealing "football", it's FUTBOL. You say bollocks, we say bullsh*t. Get over it.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun

patriotic over stupid is better than patriotic and stupid but don't be stupid and not patriotic...

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Jesus Les

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by redtagboys View Post
    Greece is a sick defensive squad who can give USA a great match up. Yea you won some plays on World cup, respect. So did I, No chance you know more than me, I play CSL soccer and have played international friendlies in the states, Paraguay, and Argentina for Boca Juniors tournament, so I would say I have extensive knowledge in the game of soccer and the way teams approach the game/teams they are matched up. Not bashing your knowledge just rattled at this post that was made in the first place.
    Regarding results and predictions, I can match up with anyone. The outside details mean nothing. That's why [former] players are usually crap analysts and can't handicap jacksht

Look how far the thread devolves: We call it soccer, yes, it's language, yes that makes me American. I can call it football all I want to sound cool or just speak Spanish and it fits/fixes itself, but who cares: I still out-handicap nearly everyone on this board.

I'm also not saying I don't have respect for your knowledge in general, but to be frank, I don't have respect for your so-called knowledge on this topic because it's fantastical and so off base, it's hard to argue with such delusion.

---
    Interesting that Merkel called me delusional; How does he explain the FIFA ranking of Portugal at #4 when the USA was better IN EVERY ASPECT of the game? That was domination city, bro

England, as usual, has no team play. Italy, Pirlo, THAT'S IT. These teams prove the point for you deluded "football" historical wannabes that don't want to admit that there is no real dominant team anymore and heaven forbid the USA is actually super competitive, with a sport none of its best athletes play.

SOCCER is a game where unlike most, and because of its shit rules, the ref can decide the game more often than any other sport. Also, scoring is so difficult yes, any random team can take another out in a given situation more than other sports. But, USA qualifies from the best group in the whole fukkn tournament and loses to a team which could have easily beat Argentina, and they aren't close to the top 15?

1) Math and basic logic say you're wrong
    2) The games show you're wrong
    3) Your deluded historical love of a game passed you by proves you wrong

Sorry, USA here and here to stay. They should have been around 15-20 to 1 and are from 50-80 to win it

Gamblers, like me, know the games and value. As you can see, I also have the arguments and the results to prove exactly what my positions state

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What does Ireland call it.
    Half of Ireland call it soccer because Gaelic Football is football to them.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Bunch of butt hurt foreigners chiming in in this thread. All scared shitless because the US has finally decided to take over World Cup Soccer.

It's cool, foreigners. Your frustration is understandable.

But hey.....won't be a damn thing wrong with those silver and bronze medals we're gonna leave you fighting over.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

packerd_00

Half of Ireland call it soccer because Gaelic Football is football to them.
    Oh really wasnt aware of that,it is interesting. Id be curious to know where the term Soccer started.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Bunch of butt hurt foreigners chiming in in this thread. All scared shitless because the US has finally decided to take over World Cup Soccer.

But hey.....won't be a damn thing wrong with those silver and bronze medals we're gonna leave you fighting over.

Yup when we enter the fray we kind of dominate international events.

Take WWI & WWII

We won.

/Story.

USA #1

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

First 123 Last