Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Knicks are screwed here. They aren't going to win shit with Anthony, but they can't let him walk either. Sign and trade would be good in theory, but the Bulls don't really have anything worthwhile that they would put the table. I have no doubt he will take the money in the end. Bet that he regrets forcing the trade to New York now. Kind of like a remake of the Bernard King story.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

D2D

That's the thing, your last sentence says it all. He does want to win and absolutely wants it to be in NY. Sure, he could have signed already but he needs to know that they are doing everything to put more pieces around him. So far, they haven't done a thing but they obviously can't do much with the contracts weighing them down.

In the end, I think he has just got it down to two options, CHI/NY and is now weighing them. In order to stay in NY, he has to know that they will bring in players to help him succeed. With Chicago, he knows what he is getting already so that isn't a big issue but he loves NY and then you have the money. Any shrewd businessman in the world would take their time and make sure they are getting the best deal possible. It's easy for us to sit back and say they should play for a championship, they have plenty of money already. But, what successful CEO/CFO/COO/whatever said something like that to themselves? They didn't, that's why they are where they are. In the NBA, their careers are short and they spend a lot.

I know he wants to win in NY, that is his dream. He will sign there in the end and not all for the money. I'm not gonna get into the whole leader and attention thing, I happen to think he does just fine in the department of leading but no sense in arguing. I hate arguing about Melo in general since most just hate him without anything substantial to back it up but unfortunately you came back with an articulate response and not hatred. You bastard.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Now If Melo had the choice that Bosh had with 4/88 (22) or 5/118 (23.6) and it was Bulls or Knicks he would have taken the 4/88....to win. Bosh gave up being on a contender to be the man. He must love the Miami scene, does look his style. The fact Melo is still thinking about 17 mil versus 25.6 with one less year shows he does wanna win.
    bosh has already won rings, so he can get his money with no regrets
    melo has gotten out the first round how many times????

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    bosh has already won rings, so he can get his money with no regrets
    melo has gotten out the first round how many times????
    Well, last year was the first time he didn't make the playoffs which is pretty solid with the shit he had to play with in Denver. Not to mention he carried them to the WCF finals somehow. The man has never had a good team once yet will continue to be hated upon.

But, the fans know best not NBA GM's.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

welp he is going to stay in NY and you can still bet it on 5dimes he will stay. Curious tho if i bet more then 511 dollars it lowers me down to 100, but if i do 509 or less it keeps it there.

bob6199

btw Gasol signed with CHI so he is a done deal to NY, surprised 5 dimes even has a line open even at -510 free money is free money.

actually its -420 which means morons are really betting he goes somewhere else my god are ppl stupid.
    Last edited by bob6199; 07-12-14 at 01:36 AM.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    btw Gasol signed with CHI so he is a done deal to NY, surprised 5 dimes even has a line open even at -510 free money is free money.
    Looks like that's the case, good pickup for the Bulls if it does become absolutely official. It gives them some offense and with Dougie there too they have a real nice lineup now.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, last year was the first time he didn't make the playoffs which is pretty solid with the shit he had to play with in Denver. Not to mention he carried them to the WCF finals somehow. The man has never had a good team once yet will continue to be hated upon.

But, the fans know best not NBA GM's.
    now he has a chance to go to a contender of his choosing yet he's indecisive
    tells u all u need to know about melo, money > winning a title

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    now he has a chance to go to a contender of his choosing yet he's indecisive
    tells u all u need to know about melo, money > winning a title
    Could look at it that way for sure, think there's more to it but on the surface that's how it looks. I'm doing the same thing as him though and so is everyone here.

bob6199

seeing the line is now -420 going to put as 420 on this, absolutely no way it loses Lakers and Bulls can;t sign him so its a done deal, unless Houston comes in and stuns the basketball world and takes him.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

D2D

That's the thing, your last sentence says it all. He does want to win and absolutely wants it to be in NY. Sure, he could have signed already but he needs to know that they are doing everything to put more pieces around him. So far, they haven't done a thing but they obviously can't do much with the contracts weighing them down.

In the end, I think he has just got it down to two options, CHI/NY and is now weighing them. In order to stay in NY, he has to know that they will bring in players to help him succeed. With Chicago, he knows what he is getting already so that isn't a big issue but he loves NY and then you have the money. Any shrewd businessman in the world would take their time and make sure they are getting the best deal possible. It's easy for us to sit back and say they should play for a championship, they have plenty of money already. But, what successful CEO/CFO/COO/whatever said something like that to themselves? They didn't, that's why they are where they are. In the NBA, their careers are short and they spend a lot.

I know he wants to win in NY, that is his dream. He will sign there in the end and not all for the money. I'm not gonna get into the whole leader and attention thing, I happen to think he does just fine in the department of leading but no sense in arguing. I hate arguing about Melo in general since most just hate him without anything substantial to back it up but unfortunately you came back with an articulate response and not hatred. You bastard.
    Lol, well said. You make solid points as well.

What NBA team do you follow?

Cuse0323

seeing the line is now -420 going to put as 420 on this, absolutely no way it loses Lakers and Bulls can;t sign him so its a done deal, unless Houston comes in and stuns the basketball world and takes him.
    Yeah, at this point Houston is the only other option and it seems clear that it was Chicago or NY. Houston could give him 20+ mil a year. He doesn't want to go to Texas though.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Lol, well said. You make solid points as well.

What NBA team do you follow?
    Orlando is my team, then I root for where Syracuse players end up secondarily.

I was never a Knicks fan, hated Ewing as he was a Hoya so it was impossible growing up to like them.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

The line is -510 at 5dimes right now. It was -280 earlier today.....almost jumped on it, but hate juice like that too much.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The line is -510 at 5dimes right now. It was -280 earlier today.....almost jumped on it, but hate juice like that too much.
    well i'm worried because it said i was already over my limit, but i can still bet it again. You know how Tony works, i don't want my account closed because they don't know how to set limits.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I have been saying since day one Melo is scared to play anywhere else but New York

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Bulls have added some great pieces! A 48 win team added: rose, gasol, mirotic, and McDermott... lets go.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

At least the east is getting a little bit stronger

It be a great year

Can't wait

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Should be interesting for the bulls this year.
    Been watching the summer league games and both Snell and Mcbuckets have been performing pretty good...... but again, it's summer league.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BCC585 View Post
    Should be interesting for the bulls this year.
    Been watching the summer league games and both Snell and Mcbuckets have been performing pretty good...... but again, it's summer league.
    Agreed. I don't put much stock in the summer league, but what I have noticed is Snell being much more aggressive on offense. He's looking for his shot and taking it, unlike last season.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Agreed. I don't put much stock in the summer league, but what I have noticed is Snell being much more aggressive on offense. He's looking for his shot and taking it, unlike last season.
    Mcdermott is having a hell of a night with 26 points right now. Maybe Snell is shaking off some first year nerves and bringing more confidence this year.
    I'm not a bulls fan but still want to see more competition in the east this year.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Mcdermott is having a hell of a night with 26 points right now. Maybe Snell is shaking off some first year nerves and bringing more confidence this year.
    I'm not a bulls fan but still want to see more competition in the east this year.
    They didn't get the star they were looking for in free agency, but they are going to be very deep.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Butler wasn't that good his first season either. Snell has added a lot of strength. He's a good player. McBuckets can fill it up. He's got a high BB IQ so he can play for Thibs. I find it odd if Dunleavy starts. McDermott walks in the better player.

Cuse0323

Hinrich back and Mirotic coming over, looking good for the Bulls with a lot of depth. Too many similar players though. They really don't even have a true two guard. Butler isn't much of a shooter and Hinrich is a combo guard but not the answer. A lot of guys built for the SF position like Snell, Butler, Dunleavy, Dougie. Snell needs to improve his jumper if he wants to play the two, same with Butler. They need a Ray Allen type to hit some threes from the two spot or an actual scoring guard. Nice depth but not the right feel yet.

Cuse0323

It did seem like Snell was lost in his first year. He was a good shooter in college so maybe he is turning the corner. You never know with summer league, they are glorified scrimmages. Half of the guys won't even sniff the league. Hopefully for the Bulls that confidence carries over and he can do it on the big stage.

First 123