d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    NBA fans are the best...this guy would be great on my team but will suck on another. We want him but if he doesn't come, he will never win.
    How is that strange at all. It's a team sport. Carmelo was great last season, but his team sucked. Next season will be no different. Maybe worse. But if he takes his talents where there are other complementary talents, then it's a different story. How is that hard to reconcile?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I understand the Knick objective, but Anthony believes in his heart that he's not winning in NY, especially if the Cavs pull off the Love deal. Chicago gives him the best chance at a title, if that's what he wants. If he wants the money, then he can stay in NY and finish his career with 0 rings. Anthony can force a sign and trade if he wants. He just has to tell Phil he's going to Chicago.
    I think he does want to go to Chicago, but he can only force it thru a S&T if his threat to leave w/o a S&T is legit. If he's not serious about being actually willing to take less money, then NY simply calls his bluff and refuses a S&T. I think this is why it's taking so long. NY is refusing and is calling Anthony's bluff.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How is that strange at all. It's a team sport. Carmelo was great last season, but his team sucked. Next season will be no different. Maybe worse. But if he takes his talents where there are other complementary talents, then it's a different story. How is that hard to reconcile?
    It's the attitude that Chicago is the only place that he will possibly win. You don't think once Amare and Bargs are off the books that the Knicks can be contenders as well? That's my issue with Bulls fans, it's Chicago or bust for Melo. You want him but hate him if he doesn't come it seems.

Cuse0323

Melo obviously knows Chicago is the best spot for him, next year. He even seems willing to give up some money and do the sign and trade but not leave with the offer on the table now. If you look at the big picture though, Chicago isn't winning next year anyway. The Spurs are still the Spurs, the West is loaded and now LeBron is in Cleveland. It's not a travesty to stay in NY, get the best FA in 2015 and go from there.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It's the attitude that Chicago is the only place that he will possibly win. You don't think once Amare and Bargs are off the books that the Knicks can be contenders as well? That's my issue with Bulls fans, it's Chicago or bust for Melo. You want him but hate him if he doesn't come it seems.
    I think it is at least 2 years off and even at that is just pure speculation and hope. Anthony is 30. Yeah, he'll get a 4 or 5 year deal, but in reality his window is probably more like 2, maybe 3 years. He is not at the stage to be wasting seasons. And let's face it, this next season is probably the best season to catch Lebron before he gels in Cleveland and they mature some. I don't think Cleveland wins this next season, but after that, yeah, he'll get his. If Carmelo wants a ring, or even a finals appearance, he needs to make a good choice right now.

Cuse0323

Yeah, the window is definitely closing. He knows that and it's why he wants to go and I honesty would love for him to go as well to finally be on a good team.

Just don't think it's his only option for winning, I wish he gave more thought to going to Dallas.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

And take a look at next season's free agents. Unless Love remains available, it's dead. Nothing there. 2016 is the next good FA class. So that's 2 seasons. To be honest, I really think the best move for NY would be to collect draft picks and clear the decks for 2016 and then have all the $$$ and draft picks to go to work. Will Anthony really be even worth it in years 3, 4 and 5 when it will matter? Not sure of that at all. Best move for NY is to get assets back in a S&T and best move for Bulls is to go for it right now. So it really is pretty clear what should happen, but who knows whether it will happen.

Cuse0323

You never know, Aldridge says he wants to stay in Portland but won't sign until next summer...though he does want 21 mil a year over 5 years which is less than what Amare is getting at 23 a year so it can be done. Bargs takes up 11.5 a year so there's your second FA who doesn't have to be a superstar. You have a guy like Al Jefferson, though he has a player's option for $14 mil next year. Marc Gasol maybe, he makes about 13 a year right now so may be able to free up room for him as well. I know these aren't the biggest names but Melo is the big name so he just needs two solid complementary guys. Imagine a front court of Melo/Aldridge/Gasol though highly doubtful that it can be worked out. Just throwing shit out there.

A lot that can happen but I agree, he needs to win ASAP. The Bulls give him that shot, I hope it works out. Mostly playing devil's advocate sticking up for Melo and the decision he makes which will be the best for him and should be understood.

Cuse0323

Millsap only makes 9.5 with the Hawks, maybe Aldridge and Millsap. All hypothetical but there are players out there to make it happen and the Knicks will have the room. Along with the cap space, they have the NY market to recruit the best FA's into and Phil to do it.

Knicks will be fine in the future regardless, finally got someone smart running the show and we can get the worst contract of all-time off the books in Amare.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

You never know, Aldridge says he wants to stay in Portland but won't sign until next summer...though he does want 21 mil a year over 5 years which is less than what Amare is getting at 23 a year so it can be done. Bargs takes up 11.5 a year so there's your second FA who doesn't have to be a superstar. You have a guy like Al Jefferson, though he has a player's option for $14 mil next year. Marc Gasol maybe, he makes about 13 a year right now so may be able to free up room for him as well. I know these aren't the biggest names but Melo is the big name so he just needs two solid complementary guys. Imagine a front court of Melo/Aldridge/Gasol though highly doubtful that it can be worked out. Just throwing shit out there.

A lot that can happen but I agree, he needs to win ASAP. The Bulls give him that shot, I hope it works out. Mostly playing devil's advocate sticking up for Melo and the decision he makes which will be the best for him and should be understood.
    If money means everything, why would Aldrige leave it on the table? Portland will give him a max deal, which will be more than the Knicks would be able to offer. Isn't that why Anthony would stay in NY over Chicago? You keep saying Bulls fans think Chicago is the only place he can win.....Not true, but when you are comparing the Knicks and Bulls, then the Bulls have the obvious edge, not just this year, but the next 3.

meader99

And take a look at next season's free agents. Unless Love remains available, it's dead. Nothing there. 2016 is the next good FA class. So that's 2 seasons. To be honest, I really think the best move for NY would be to collect draft picks and clear the decks for 2016 and then have all the $$$ and draft picks to go to work. Will Anthony really be even worth it in years 3, 4 and 5 when it will matter? Not sure of that at all. Best move for NY is to get assets back in a S&T and best move for Bulls is to go for it right now. So it really is pretty clear what should happen, but who knows whether it will happen.
    This is true. If Love gets traded, hes getting extended. Not much to be had for 2015. It appears that the Knicks and Lakers will be irrelevant for at least the next 2 seasons.

Cuse0323

If money means everything, why would Aldrige leave it on the table? Portland will give him a max deal, which will be more than the Knicks would be able to offer. Isn't that why Anthony would stay in NY over Chicago? You keep saying Bulls fans think Chicago is the only place he can win.....Not true, but when you are comparing the Knicks and Bulls, then the Bulls have the obvious edge, not just this year, but the next 3.
    They could give Aldridge around 18 max compared to 21.6 max from Portland, which is different than 25.8 from NY and 16 from the Bulls for Melo. He wants the 5 year deal anyway, just like Melo will get with NY when he finally makes it official. All hypothetical, throw Aldridge out, that's a pipe dream anyway. That's your opinion on the next 3 years, like I've said I think NY will be the spot to go to next year so you never know what happens.

The Bulls are a solid team, they have no offense and Thibs isn't that great running one. Great D, but a bunch of similar players with no offensive game. It's not some obvious edge for the future, next year yes, which is what Melo needs now but it's not the death of him staying in NY.

meader99

They could give Aldridge around 18 max compared to 21.6 max from Portland, which is different than 25.8 from NY and 16 from the Bulls for Melo. He wants the 5 year deal anyway, just like Melo will get with NY when he finally makes it official. All hypothetical, throw Aldridge out, that's a pipe dream anyway. That's your opinion on the next 3 years, like I've said I think NY will be the spot to go to next year so you never know what happens.

The Bulls are a solid team, they have no offense and Thibs isn't that great running one. Great D, but a bunch of similar players with no offensive game. It's not some obvious edge for the future, next year yes, which is what Melo needs now but it's not the death of him staying in NY.
    Its not the death of him.. He'll get to cash big checks, put up big numbers, and play on a mediocre team....there are worse things.

Cuse0323

Pointless to argue if you think the Knicks will always be mediocre.

People forget that the Knicks were 2nd in the East two years ago with not much of a different team, pretty much minus JKidd. Last year was awful because of injuries. They aren't the Bucks, they will be in the playoffs next year and the year after that and after that once Melo signs.

The Bulls have done so much better lately.

But, you can blame the Rose injury for that I'm sure

meader99

Pointless to argue if you think the Knicks will always be mediocre.

People forget that the Knicks were 2nd in the East two years ago with not much of a different team, pretty much minus JKidd. Last year was awful because of injuries. They aren't the Bucks, they will be in the playoffs next year and the year after that and after that once Melo signs.

The Bulls have done so much better lately.

But, you can blame the Rose injury for that I'm sure
    Still finished 4th in the East without Rose and after trading Deng. Was just a couple years back the won 60 games and were in the ECF, so yeah, I'd say the Bulls have done so much better lately. Last year the almighty Knicks couldn't even make the playoffs in the weak East. Next year will be the same.

Cuse0323

Gotcha, so both teams haven't done shit. Had a nice regular season each one year. ECF finals means nothing in the end, you got smoked anyway.

I'd love to see you put your money on the Knicks not making the playoffs next year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Gotcha, so both teams haven't done shit. Had a nice regular season each one year. ECF finals means nothing in the end, you got smoked anyway.

I'd love to see you put your money on the Knicks not making the playoffs next year.
    I'm ALL IN on this.

Cuse0323

I'm ALL IN on this.

You don't think the Heat are gonna make it, or the Knicks. Who the hell is gonna make it in the East?

Cavs jump in but Charlotte probably falls out. Brooklyn regresses, who knows about the Hawks. The East blows, the Knicks almost made it with half their team hurt for half the year. Fat Felton is gone, Calderon is a step up. Timmy with a year under his belt. And best of all, no damn Mike Woodson. Good luck with that bet, feel free to post it and put your house on it.

meader99

I don't imagine they do to Knicks fans being they haven't seen them in years. Not sure who you think the Knicks will over take to get in. Looks like the Cavs will be there, so just one more team the Knicks will have to try and leapfrog.

meader99

You don't think the Heat are gonna make it, or the Knicks. Who the hell is gonna make it in the East?

Cavs jump in but Charlotte probably falls out. Brooklyn regresses, who knows about the Hawks. The East blows, the Knicks almost made it with half their team hurt for half the year. Fat Felton is gone, Calderon is a step up. Timmy with a year under his belt. And best of all, no damn Mike Woodson. Good luck with that bet, feel free to post it and put your house on it.
    Calderon is a step up , but you make no mention of losing their best interior defender. Is Stoudemire gonna take over that role?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I think he does want to go to Chicago, but he can only force it thru a S&T if his threat to leave w/o a S&T is legit. If he's not serious about being actually willing to take less money, then NY simply calls his bluff and refuses a S&T. I think this is why it's taking so long. NY is refusing and is calling Anthony's bluff.
    i think this is exactly whats going on here.

Cuse0323

I don't imagine they do to Knicks fans being they haven't seen them in years. Not sure who you think the Knicks will over take to get in. Looks like the Cavs will be there, so just one more team the Knicks will have to try and leapfrog.
    Funny enough, the Knicks have made the NBA Finals more recently than the Bulls have.

Chandler is fragile, he missed almost 30 games and was hobbled for the half that he played. Dalembert is fine, he actually blocks more shots anyway.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Chicago is a toilet. Why the fukk would he want to go there?

easily the worst city in America

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Chicago is a toilet. Why the fukk would he want to go there?

easily the worst city in America
    You ever been to Gary, Ind?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

You ever been to Gary, Ind?
    yeah and its right next to Chicago

meader99

Funny enough, the Knicks have made the NBA Finals more recently than the Bulls have.

Chandler is fragile, he missed almost 30 games and was hobbled for the half that he played. Dalembert is fine, he actually blocks more shots anyway.
    How did they fair?

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah and its right next to Chicago
    So you still stand by your previous statement?

Cuse0323

How did they fair?
    Not well, point remains. Both teams haven't done shit in the 2000's.

meader99

Not well, point remains. Both teams haven't done shit in the 2000's.
    Frankly, the Knicks haven't done shit in my lifetime.

Cuse0323

Frankly, the Knicks haven't done shit in my lifetime.
    Mine either.

Surprisingly, I'm not even a Knicks fan.

meader99

Mine either.

Surprisingly, I'm not even a Knicks fan.
    Touche'

Cuse0323

Now If Melo had the choice that Bosh had with 4/88 (22) or 5/118 (23.6) and it was Bulls or Knicks he would have taken the 4/88....to win. Bosh gave up being on a contender to be the man. He must love the Miami scene, does look his style. The fact Melo is still thinking about 17 mil versus 25.6 with one less year shows he does wanna win.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Now If Melo had the choice that Bosh had with 4/88 (22) or 5/118 (23.6) and it was Bulls or Knicks he would have taken the 4/88....to win. Bosh gave up being on a contender to be the man. He must love the Miami scene, does look his style. The fact Melo is still thinking about 17 mil versus 25.6 with one less year shows he does wanna win.
    He isn't thinking about it. That's the problem.

He, just like LeBron, craves attention. He would never have announced today because he wants his day in the media to himself. He waited until after LeBron so that LeBron didn't announce right after him and steal his thunder.

He is staying in NY.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    He isn't thinking about it. That's the problem.

He, just like LeBron, craves attention. He would never have announced today because he wants his day in the media to himself. He waited until after LeBron so that LeBron didn't announce right after him and steal his thunder.

He is staying in NY.

If you say so.

Melo doesn't have some broadcast for his decision or write an essay about it. He may care about money but he's never been one to crave attention on a LeBron level or even close. Just another hater, I presume. I suppose you think he will never win, is just a loser, overrated etc.

Melo rarely puts himself in the media, not his fault ESPN covers everything incessantly. When's the last time you saw him on ESPN doing an interview?

Melo wants to win but he also wants it to happen in NY. He has said in the past it's not all about the money but also that he wants to lure players to come to NY with him. He's in a tough spot now.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

If you say so.

Melo doesn't have some broadcast for his decision or write an essay about it. He may care about money but he's never been one to crave attention on a LeBron level or even close. Just another hater, I presume. I suppose you think he will never win, is just a loser, overrated etc.

Melo rarely puts himself in the media, not his fault ESPN covers everything incessantly. When's the last time you saw him on ESPN doing an interview?

Melo wants to win but he also wants it to happen in NY. He has said in the past it's not all about the money but also that he wants to lure players to come to NY with him. He's in a tough spot now.
    Not quite correct.....I am not a hater at all, I just see him for what he is.

Melo is a fantastic player. Melo is talented beyond belief. Melo is not a leader....now, please understand I did not say I loser, just not a leader. If Melo would ever play second fiddle to a leader on a team he would be fantastic....but I believe that he wants to be 'the man' but he doesn't have the mentality that a leader had. He does want the attention but he doesn't have the personality to be in the spotlight and he knows it. He doesn't do interviews a lot because he comes across stiff, boring....that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Prima Donna. His game tells us all that every time he goes out into the floor.

Part of it is that he hasn't played with somebody that leads before. He just doesn't understand that aspect of the game and how important it is to winning in the NBA. If he was a leader he would have made his decision already. Why wait to see where others land? Make a decision and go with it. Call the Knicks bluff and just go and sign.

Frankly, if he wants to win he would not want to do a s&t because of all of the assets it would cost his new team. Take a few bucks less and go and win already.....but that won't happen. NY may end up putting a winning team around him, but to do that a true leader will have to decide that he wants to lay in the Big Apple.

First 123 Last