Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is LeBron a man of character or a master manipulating sociopath?

Kind of hard to tell. He seems like a good guy overall. Or is he just like that to get what he wants.

Depends on perspective.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

somewhere in the middle of those 2. for everyone who hated him to love him now because of this "letter" thats just sad and to be burning his jersey when he left and welcome him back now, come on have some self respect.

Otters27

I always thought his hand was forced by Bosh and Wade to go to Miami. James really wanted them to come to Cleve. But they didn't want to play there.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He's a bitch.

He ran away when he couldn't win in Cleveland, and ended up on the super team in Miami.

If he wins his 3rd in Miami, this man of 'Character' is still in Miami. But they didn't.

He is lucky* as fukk that he can spin his story the way he has, because in essence all he is doing is being a little bitch again and returning to a much better situation than the one he is fleeing.

* See unprecedented overall 1 picks to Cleveland.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino, and BCC585

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

hes just a donkey, if he couldnt play basketball he would be working at burger king selling cocaine

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Oh Jesus now a Dr. Phil thread what's next lol? News flash Bron has an ego but with his tale.t and power I don't think it's that extreme. Name 1 elite athlete that doesn't have an ego or power and influence? Magic, Michael, Tiger , Kobe, and all the wide outs in Nfl.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I like Lebron, i'm a "fan", but it's clear to me that Lebron is only out for himself. He left the Cavs in search of a ring, he got two rings and now that Wade officially on the decline, the bench is thin, Battier is gone, and the organization doesn't have the flexibility to bring in another piece this year, he decided to leave. Lebron wants to be in a winning situation, thats what matter most. Now he's back on the Cavs with Irving, Wiggins, Thompson and possibly Kevin Love coming, that's going to be another contender for years to come. Lebron is playing chess, he doesn't care about anybody, he wants 7 rings to beat Jordan by hook or by crook.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

And i also don't think Lebron wants Wade to have more rings than him, Wade already had 1 before they teamed up, Wade would always be 1 ahead as long as they played together.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

all this basketball stuff aside, how many scandals has he been in not involving basketball? this is a guy who espn has talked about for 11 hours straight today so if he jaywalked it would have been plastered everywhere.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Lebron is an oligarch coupled with him knowing hes the best + knowing he can go wherever he wants and whatever team he goes to will get whatever they want.

Otters27

I have a lot of Jordan fan type friends. They will never see Lebron as better than Jordan, no matter how many rings. Lebron may be motivated by getting 7 titles but is chasing a ghost in Michael Jordan.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

hahahahahahah

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Even though I don't really care for him, I give him credit. He keeps his nose clean. The only controversy he is ever involved in is where he is going to play next or how bad of a tipper that he is.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    I have a lot of Jordan fan type friends. They will never see Lebron as better than Jordan, no matter how many rings. Lebron may be motivated by getting 7 titles but is chasing a ghost in Michael Jordan.
    He cemented the fact he will never be ahead of Jordan by jumping to where he could win easier instead of sticking it out and building a winner. Jordan needed talent around him as well but he never jumped ship to get it.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

As long as Gloria James doesn't try and put the moves on Kevin Love, Cleveland will win a championship.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    He's a bitch.

He ran away when he couldn't win in Cleveland, and ended up on the super team in Miami.

If he wins his 3rd in Miami, this man of 'Character' is still in Miami. But they didn't.

He is lucky* as fukk that he can spin his story the way he has, because in essence all he is doing is being a little bitch again and returning to a much better situation than the one he is fleeing.

* See unprecedented overall 1 picks to Cleveland.
    cleveland is a shit hole and a horrible franchise since he left
    if he wasnt from the area, he wouldnt even consider going there
    its not like he joined the chicago bulls, he rejoined the shitty cavs
    their roster stinks, they only favorites now cuz the east is horrible

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Ever since he left Cleveland, everything he has ever done has screamed, "Like me, like me!" Pretty sad. I miss basketball in the 80's/early 90's.

Otters27

Based on SBR opinion lots of people think of James as sociopath

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Kind of hard to tell. He seems like a good guy overall. Or is he just like that to get what he wants.

Depends on perspective.
    I don't know...what do you call a guy who air bets on -8000 favorites to win $25?

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I don't know...what do you call a guy who air bets on -8000 favorites to win $25?
    Sure some of my posts are dumb. I don't air bet though. I've posted plenty of tickets.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

If wanting to win makes one a sociopath...than I suppose he is indeed that...The media is now playing up the Hero angle as it is necessary to do so to put the NBA in a good light in light of the ugliness that was and still is the Donald Sterling fiasco....It is obviously a great story as far as narratives go...but in the end...its business and winning...and its basketball.....nothing less...nothing more...