greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I can't really be the only one who thinks this about James

Heat were beatdown in the finals. Your team as constructed was fukkin wrecked and could only get worse going forward. Instead of sticking it out to rebuild the team he bolts to the best possible scenario. The fact it happens to be Cleveland should matter zero, if this were the Cavs team from 10-11 there is NO way he'd be going back. Now everyone says it's 100% because he loves the city and all this whore shit. Now I'm a Houston fan like most know so him leaving gives us Bosh, I'm happy. But what in the hell is with all this love now ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SparJMU

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I think family had a lot to do with it.

Legacy also, if he can bring a championship to Cleveland.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

I don't understand why folks are so high on him. He is good but not great. Not even close. Best in the game today (debate able) doesn't make you great.

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I don't understand why folks are so high on him. He is good but not great. Not even close. Best in the game today (debate able) doesn't make you great.
    C'mon man.

I don't even like the guy but being the best in the world kinda makes you great IMO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

What legacy Boeing? That he was a role player on multiple championship teams. John Paxson was too.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Heat were beatdown in the finals. Your team as constructed was fukkin wrecked and could only get worse going forward. Instead of sticking it out to rebuild the team he bolts to the best possible scenario. The fact it happens to be Cleveland should matter zero, if this were the Cavs team from 10-11 there is NO way he'd be going back. Now everyone says it's 100% because he loves the city and all this whore shit. Now I'm a Houston fan like most know so him leaving gives us Bosh, I'm happy. But what in the hell is with all this love now ?
    Yeah, I htink he knows Wade is broken goods. Won't say it to his face, but he knows it.

boeing power

What legacy Boeing? That he was a role player on multiple championship teams. John Paxson was too.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

If they won the title this year, I don't think he'd be going back home.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    If they won the title this year, I don't think he'd be going back home.
    Or even a hard fought loss in 7 or even 6. This, to me, was 100% no doubt a basketball move. He was never going out West where the real teams play, he was sticking to the East. His options were what? Staying with his aging team that wouldn't compete like they had before and he knows it, or go to the young team that was on the rise and much easier to make it back to the Finals?

"I wasn't leaving Miami for anywhere but Cleveland, after a few years it felt right" Yeah, after a few years of high draft picks to run back to. Unreal.

boeing power

Hippo,

are you taking down your lebron poster from your bedroom wall?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

hippos right if this roster was a joke or had no assets he wouldnt be going back, but it doesnt hurt for pr reasons either, its definitely a bit of both.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Hippo,

are you taking down your lebron poster from your bedroom wall?
    Just throwing away my life-size James pillow.

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Just throwing away my life-size James pillow.

It was probably a good time to do it anyhow.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cleveland could not make the playoffs with jack and deng who are both gone they are not the favorites and not even a top 10 team unless they add more guys

greenhippo

They're getting Love now. James knew this before making his decision.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Love and irving are not defenders also lebron won't be able to play the 4 as much because they will have varejeao love and lebron as 3 of their 4 best players obviously love and irving are good but don't think this combo is as good of a fit.

greenhippo

Better than any other East team going into this season. James was never going out West, he needed the easiest path back to the Finals to give himself another chance at a ring. Cleveland was the easiest route.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

It's only because it's Lebron.How easily you forget the circus Dwight Howard put on TWICE.Difference being Lebron is the real deal while Dwight is a self proclaimed superman.

Or what about Carmelo?Isn't he doing the same thing this year after doing it a few years ago by leaving Denver to pursue championships in NY.Problem there is Amare became a bum once he got paid.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

maybe cause he shoots 60% from the field with the best defenders in the world trying to stop him

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Long live the King.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    I think family had a lot to do with it.

Legacy also, if he can bring a championship to Cleveland.
    If you look back to stuff Savannah said and posted, I'd bet she had 92% to do with it. Even with his side pieces, once she got pregnant again the ball was in her court. She never wanted to be in Miami at all and he never felt at home there so it wasn't as hard of a sell or shock for him to go back to Cleveland as some are making it out to be. The ring that matters in that relationship is the one on HER finger, not his.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

If melo goes to the bulls, cleveland wont even be the best team in their division. Simple.

smoke a bowl

If melo goes to the bulls, cleveland wont even be the best team in their division. Simple.
    Stick to the sport where half the games go 0-0 pal. Melo is a cancer.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Smoke a choad: youre a moron.
    Try to tell me you know more about that sport than me then get buried and NOW try to tell me to stick to that sport.
    How about you stick to not contributing a damn thing to this forum cause youre not intelligent enough to know a damn thing?

Melo joins chicago, he learns to WIN.
    The bulls have the best coach in the league and an addictive playing style. Dont ever speak to me like you know shit, you rooster smoker.

smoke a bowl

Smoke a choad: youre a moron.
    Try to tell me you know more about that sport than me then get buried and NOW try to tell me to stick to that sport.
    How about you stick to not contributing a damn thing to this forum cause youre not intelligent enough to know a damn thing?

Melo joins chicago, he learns to WIN.
    The bulls have the best coach in the league and an addictive playing style. Dont ever speak to me like you know shit, you rooster smoker.
    Lmao why so hostile pal it's just a betting forum. Get a grip.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

you must not have read his letter.

if Lebron James is not one of your favorite athletes you need to re-evaluate.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

lebron is the best basketball player. bosh rode his coattails to championship rings and a max contract.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    lebron is the best basketball player. bosh rode his coattails to championship rings and a max contract.

they both were the stars in their teams and both failed to lead them to a ring, they needed each other to get that ring so as far as im concerned james is not a better player than bosh, and bosh did bail james out in many games in the finals, without bosh james would have zero rings

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yep, he knows Miami is toast and sees Kyrie and Wiggins in Cleveland plus a team filled with young guys who haven't scratched the surface of their potential yet.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

was a perfect storm for lebron.. couldn't have worked out any better for him

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    If you look back to stuff Savannah said and posted, I'd bet she had 92% to do with it. Even with his side pieces, once she got pregnant again the ball was in her court. She never wanted to be in Miami at all and he never felt at home there so it wasn't as hard of a sell or shock for him to go back to Cleveland as some are making it out to be. The ring that matters in that relationship is the one on HER finger, not his.
    Bit high of a number there. I don't think basketball players care as much as your everyday husband what their wives want...they don't have to really. Maybe LeBron is different, but I think he does what is best for him at all times.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Shari is so right on the money with this it is unbelievable.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

LeBron has never hidden his love for that dump Ohio. Still lives there part of the year, has his camp there, and goes back regularly. He has always seemed like a small town kid at heart to me so not completely shocked. I take him for his word and understand it's home and he was at a major crossroads in life right now. I understand some Heat fans might be butthurt but that's the way things go in business sometimes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Men he lives in Cleveland half of the year

Of course he missed it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Love and irving are not defenders also lebron won't be able to play the 4 as much because they will have varejeao love and lebron as 3 of their 4 best players obviously love and irving are good but don't think this combo is as good of a fit.
    Astute point. Irving is nothing short of horrific defensively, and Love is slow. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

123 Last