Bang!!!!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What a joke.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers

Micky Arison ‏@MickyArison 1m

I am shocked & disappointed in today's news. However I will never forget what Lebron brought us for 4 years. Thanks for memories @kingjames
    Last edited by shari91; 07-11-14 at 11:38 AM.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

good for him.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

starting 5 for cavs looks like what?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT is sick!!!

THis kid lost everything on this bet

TheMoneyShot

Bosh to Houston. Wade all alone.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bosh for the max, just as funny.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

kingjames 8 minutes ago

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bosh running like an Emu to get to the phone to call Houston now

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

PR move

TheMoneyShot

If I lived in Cleveland... I wouldn't accept him back.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

LeBron: I'm going back to the Cavs

Rest in Peace Miami Fan base 2010-2014

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

If they trade for Kevin Love, man that team will put a beating on the East.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If I lived in Cleveland... I wouldn't accept him back.

so any NBA player. if they grew up in a state with an NBA team they should play their entire careers there lol?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

216 & 330 stand up!!!!!

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I'm in South Florida and you see a ton of fake fans with Heat license plates. All that shit is over. Let's see how fast the fake fans ditch those plates.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    so any NBA player. if they grew up in a state with an NBA team they should play their entire careers there lol?
    Why didn't he just stay there if he was loyal? He's a clown.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Lebron Going Back To Cleveland - Miami Heat Fans on Suicide Watch

Miami Heat will never win another championship. Cleveland should by #1 team to win it all next year.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

it's not about loyalty. he was chasing rings. he is now still chasing rings. let's not kid ourselves.

LordVodka

Remember ESPN said his crew wasn't happy with how they were treated in Miami. In Cleveland they were treated like they were all royalty.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

There were no Heat fans

They are all Cavs fans now

No suicides

LordVodka

I don't think LeBron ever warmed up to Miami. Any change he got he would get out and go to Ohio or other places.

Let's see how good a coach Spoelstra is now though. All the praise he got.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

All of those people burning his jerseys before will be the first ones in line buying another..hope they win the title this year

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I'm glad he is going back to Cleveland. As horrible as a city Cleveland is, at least they have real fans. Miami is a bunch of bandwagon fans.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Has anyone important ever willingly went to Cleveland before this

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I don't think Cleveland is that bad of a city. I've been there a few times in the summer, and it was absolutely beautiful. Cuyahoga Falls was as scenic as any place there is.

Cleveland gonna be rocking now with bron-bron and Johnny Football in town.

Good for them.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I like it,

maybe he has matured.

12 Last